PCE / T-16 1CC thread

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I just get in the line: very impressive, indeed. The coolest aspect, though is the variety of your one credit clears, Kid Panda. The weirdness of Makyou Densetsu and PC Genjin meet the harshness of R-Type and Gradius. Even wallflowers like Kato & Ken or P-47 did make your list. This perfectly reflects, what the PCE is all about.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm still having issues with the moon boss tanks. I have noticed something though, I can't tell if it's just me, but if I die where they are, when I respawn, the next time I fight them they don't have nearly the same amount of hit points.

Fuck those things are awful, I spammed two bombs as soon as they activate. Another part that was rough is stage 7 where all those damn spider /crawlers snipers appear. They are throughout the whole stage but one particular area there is a ton of them. That part use to get me until I finally got lucky. What weapon selections are you using?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Fuck those things are awful, I spammed two bombs as soon as they activate. Another part that was rough is stage 7 where all those damn spider /crawlers snipers appear. They are throughout the whole stage but one particular area there is a ton of them. That part use to get me until I finally got lucky. What weapon selections are you using?

Red with homing missles, anything else is suicide. If you use the blue laser even on the first level the bullets double in speed. No thanks. And I did find out, yes, bosses have more health if you are powered up as well.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Red with homing missles, anything else is suicide. If you use the blue laser even on the first level the bullets double in speed. No thanks. And I did find out, yes, bosses have more health if you are powered up as well.

Yeah thats what weapons i used to do it. Ha I found out real quick on the blue laser & bullet speed lol. I didn't really notice it until stage 3 boss, that thing tore me a new one with the laser. I remember I accidentally on stage 8 picked up the damn "M" instead of "H" it almost finished my run. You and i both know you half to have the homing to somewhat control the popcorn it's essential especially on stage 7.

What sucks if you die in like stage 6 or 7 it's so damn hard to recover, well it was for me anyway.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
And 1LC on Raiden is done.
9cb52ff5d6633d577b8a602c925872dd.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well started on Image Fight tonight. That third boss can fuck off. I'm never playing this game ever again.

Well started on Image Fight tonight. That third boss can fuck off. I'm never playing this game ever again.

Hey, don’t give up so easily!, geez :) There is a safe spot at the top right hand corner, and when positioned with your pods firing left you can make short work of this boss in a few seconds.

Here’s a 1-life replay I made a while back showing you what I mean. Use the background graphics as a marker.

@6:37 https://youtu.be/QdPreeaM6v4

jievzq.png

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I was wondering if there was a safe spot cause, ugggh that boss is the worst. I went ahead and played something easy and got a Star Parodia clear as well.

d2b028b084628a9e1189f930ad4e8689.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The TFIV clear was tough and clearing the very easy Power Gate was just the right way to work it off. Sweet engrish included ;).

Power-Gate-1CC.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I finally cleared Cyber Cross. I think this is either the first or second PC Engine game I've ever owned.

Updated list

Gunhed
Soldier Blade
Side Arms
Override (2-All)
Ninja Spirit
Seirei Sensei Spriggan
Gate of Thunder
Winds of Thunder
Akumajou Dracula Chi no Rondo
Kaze Kiri
Iga Ninden Gaiou
Ane-San
Crest Of Wolf
Faussete Amour
Nexzr
Final Soldier
W-Ring: The Double Rings
Cyber Cross

Last edited:

geise

Mickey's Coach
Nice! How do you like Cyber Cross? I've always enjoyed the game. It's been a while though since I've given it a go. What are you going to try to clear next? Cross Wiber?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Haven't fired up the Turbo in awhile, but have 1cc'd a few games over the years.

Games I remember:

Legenday Axe
Ninja Spirit
Magical Chase (on Rough)
Splatterhouse
Y's Book 1 & 2 (Finished it all in one sitting, many times)
Exile 1 (Finished it all in one sitting)
Cadash
Lords of Thunder
Valis III
Bonk 1
Bonk 2
Gradius
Gradius 2: Gofer

I've noticed with pretty much every Gradius game, if you die you might as well quit. So I managed to beat both of those without dying.

I believe the trick to Ninja Spirit, is to hug the left wall the entire time. Been awhile.

Still haven't been able to beat R-Type or Dragon Spirit, But DS sucks balls anyway. R-Type needs to happen one of these days. I would be happy if I could just finish it.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice! How do you like Cyber Cross? I've always enjoyed the game. It's been a while though since I've given it a go. What are you going to try to clear next? Cross Wiber?

I like it. The game certainly has a charm. Your character's somewhat rigid mobility can prove frustrating when having to deal with some of the more hectic enemy formations, but I'd say there is enough padding (health, power ups) in the game to compensate.

EDIT: I do own a loose Cross Wiber, not sure if I'm ready to take it on though.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared Image Fight II today.

It was somewhat of a frustrating journey but I came out of it enjoying the game very much.

Naika

Street Hoop Star

It was somewhat of a frustrating journey but I came out of it enjoying the game very much.

Heard somewhere that Image Fight is damn hard. Congrats dude.

The last PCE game I finished was last year, and it was Star Parodier (for the first time).

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

I don't plan on doing that again anytime soon - but I did it as well a few years back. It was quite the exercise in memorization. But yeah, excellent game honestly. It knows what it's about and does it well.

I need to pick a PCE game to clear that I haven't yet soon - I think Metamor Jupiter is gonna' be it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Heard somewhere that Image Fight is damn hard. Congrats dude.

The last PCE game I finished was last year, and it was Star Parodier (for the first time).

Thanks. IDK if you're referring to Image Fight 1 or the series in general, but I'm going to assume IF1 is a lot harder (at least as far as the arcade original goes)

I don't plan on doing that again anytime soon - but I did it as well a few years back. It was quite the exercise in memorization. But yeah, excellent game honestly. It knows what it's about and does it well.

I need to pick a PCE game to clear that I haven't yet soon - I think Metamor Jupiter is gonna' be it.

Cool.

Did you utilize any safe spots? There are least three that I'm aware of during boss fights.

Also, I've never played Metamor Jupiter.

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Thanks. IDK if you're referring to Image Fight 1 or the series in general, but I'm going to assume IF1 is a lot harder (at least as far as the arcade original goes)

Cool.

Did you utilize any safe spots? There are least three that I'm aware of during boss fights.

Also, I've never played Metamor Jupiter.

Yes, the series in general. That's quite an accomplishment, esp. IF1. You must have had nerves of steel dude.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I am glad the first level bgm in Image Fight is awesome because it makes it less lame to suck at the game so much.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
i recently 1cc'd Coryoon Child of Dragon. Once you get passed the cluttered look of the game with fruit all over the place, the game was remarkably easy to beat. overall i was not impressed by the gameplay of this one, and would rather play Air Zonk. Coryoon features some sloppy graphics at times. almost like it tries to push the PC Engine a bit too hard...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
i recently 1cc'd Coryoon Child of Dragon. Once you get passed the cluttered look of the game with fruit all over the place, the game was remarkably easy to beat. overall i was not impressed by the gameplay of this one, and would rather play Air Zonk. Coryoon features some sloppy graphics at times. almost like it tries to push the PC Engine a bit too hard...

Definitely an overrated cute em up, that demands such a high price not because of rarity or gameplay, but because of the cover art. In the same league as Cotton in my opinion. Overrated garbage.

Magical Chase is a much better game.