Hi (Punky kid DracoBlade introduces Himself)

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
You may have seen me posting on the boards for the past few weeks (things like I met Yasayuki Oda, (WHICH I DID, BELIEVE ME DAMN IT)) and I've already gotten to know a few of you nice fellas via PMs and other threads but as an overdue formal hello: Hi, I'm DracoBlade, and i'm an alcho-

I'm a senior in college living in SF (if you call my rent living), about to graduate next august with a bachelor's in English, Creative Writing. I have a passion for stories and storytelling particularly the surreal, speculative, and horror/SCFI. My ultimate goal is to complete my novel that I've been working on since I was 16 (and be the next Hemingway but not be the next Hemingway; I like Steinbeck/Junot Diaz more) and perhaps write for a larger games site professionally. I also write too long short stories far to infrequently that I might be willing to share in the creative forums given enough goading and alcho-

Rather than make this a full bio I'll say as much as I love writing I am also utterly devoted to playing games, writing about their cultural impact, their history etc. and have been a huge fan of SNK for about half a decade now (being lost in the void before then).

Favorite Games: Castlevania, Halo, Dead Space, Resident Evil, Nier, Drakengard, Fatal Fury RB, Last Blade (>2), etc.
Favorite Movies: Jurassic (fucking) Park, All horror,
Favorite Books: Of Mice and Men, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, The Road, Batman: Hush (and alot of other comics)
Favorite Anime: Evangelion, FLCL, Bebop, Monster, Wolf's Rain, Gundam, the nineties, read more here
Favorite Music: SYSTEM OF A DOWN, Iron Maiden, Miles Davis, Kendrick Lamar, Yoko Kanno's entire discography, SNK sound team,

I also write articles, produce videos, record anime/games podcasts and wear too many other hats for a site a few friends and I created called www.biyabyte.com that, if I havent already talked about or linked to a lot, I apologize in advance profusely. Especially for having you read through this word vomit!

Love this community already and can't wait to get to know y'all better!

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Welcome to teh drama!!

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
alright well lets fight

Your character is too kawaii in KOF 14.

Also. uh. Fuck.

and thanks Guts. You have a better username. Berserk and construction equipment= my servitude.

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
pms!!! oooh. you like writng? oh good!

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hi. Your random selection of "Favorites" is terrible.
That is all.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
system of a down sucks but miles davis is good

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
that's one reason why I said it was random.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Wasn't System of a Down popular in like 1999-2001? Why would someone who's in college now give a fuck about them? Or about old video games, for that matter?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Wasn't System of a Down popular in like 1999-2001? Why would someone who's in college now give a fuck about them? Or about old video games, for that matter?

i'm assuming he's around my age from what I can tell. they were the go-to "metal" band when i was a young teen. admittedly they are probably the best and most unique band in the whole nu-metal genre but they suck somethin' fierce

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
You and Sylvie. Hell why not the all of you basement fapping scrublords.
Hi. Your random selection of "Favorites" is terrible.
That is all.

So are your tastes.
system of a down sucks but miles davis is good

Sivad and are the shit and the entire album of Kind of Blue so are you a piece of one for hating SOAD

Hey I like your videos. Unsubbed for questioning SOAD though old man.

Real Answer: I was raised on metal (SOAD is def the best "nu" metal nineties band, you a radiohead fan or something?) and prog rock (King Crimson is my favorite with ELP close second) as a kid as well as a healthy library of SNES which my father had me play till jumping ship to PS1 when the PS2 released ironically and eventually GC. I dont collect as much as I buy the games I want to play regardless of system or year (you can see my puny shelf in the collection thread). Plus I guess I cant like Godzilla either because it was made before my time? Nostalgia/9 months before your momma got plugged =/= the reason to not play good games.

You are obviously mildly retarded. welcome

High Functioning Rain Man actually. Thanks.
Lowest bar to clear outside of a limbo contest there though

Your mom went lower.