Panda Island Meat Part II

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
We'll play wonder momo in your honor guys

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Panda, I'll be there unlike these other slackers! I got the hall pass from the wife and everything. lol

Anyway, hit me up if I can help out by bringing anything.

Oh, and on a side note if anyone has a 14" or 20" PVM they don't want.. I would love to scoop. I was trying to get Wyo to bring one up but that fell through.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
How was it guys? I just got off of a lovely 11.5 hr day.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
How was it guys? I just got off of a lovely 11.5 hr day.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Yeah, how was it? This thread needs moar pics.

Sent from my iPenis using Tapacaulk

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I hope everyone had a good time. I just sat around and played games and ate food. Lions brought some of the gear he's been working on. The textured balltops were pretty slick. Makes the stick feel a little lighter.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Thanks KP for the invite. It was great to hang out and play a bunch of shooters.

Also pretty nuts to see Gohanx beat Mike Tysons punch out. While I've fought Tyson a bunch, I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually beat him. Damn.

Also thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to make some changes to the balltop and see if I can get the weight right. Maybe I'll send KP a green one to test.

It was also fun to talk old arcade stories. Can't believe several of us used to go to the same arcade at the beach back in the 90s. Plus Panda remembered the name of one of the games from my horrible description (Steel Gunner). Which now I have find a good way to emulate at home.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thanks KP for the invite. It was great to hang out and play a bunch of shooters.

Also pretty nuts to see Gohanx beat Mike Tysons punch out. While I've fought Tyson a bunch, I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually beat him. Damn.

Also thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to make some changes to the balltop and see if I can get the weight right. Maybe I'll send KP a green one to test.

It was also fun to talk old arcade stories. Can't believe several of us used to go to the same arcade at the beach back in the 90s. Plus Panda remembered the name of one of the games from my horrible description (Steel Gunner). Which now I have find a good way to emulate at home.

Awesome to have you brotha, btw, I wasn't complaining about the balltop weight, I really liked how light it was. IMO I prefer it over a normal balltop. :D

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

Yeah Gohan is a beast, a highly determined beast. Also Steel Gunner is the shit.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Awesome to have you brotha, btw, I wasn't complaining about the balltop weight, I really liked how light it was. IMO I prefer it over a normal balltop. :D

Awesome. I guess I completely misunderstood the comment. Anyway, let know you thoughts on the balltop after you've had it for a bit. Good or bad.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah Gohan is a beast, a highly determined beast. Also Steel Gunner is the shit.

I was actually playing pretty poorly at the various arcade games Panda had set up so I had to play something I was good at!

Also, Panda's rombox is awesome. I gotta get me one of those.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Post up pics. I was really disappointed when I got scheduled with work and realized I couldn't make it out. Hopefully next year. Hope to see you guys at different get-togethers at various cons.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I really want to get to one of these. I was checking flights from me to Charlotte every few days, but nothing ever got below $586, the last few days I was hoping to steal a deal, and it sat at $722 Wed-Fri :/

I'll make it out for one eventually - i'm sure of it. Glad it went well and you all had a good time.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
We didn't really take many pics I don't think. We were busy actually playing games and enjoying ourselves. Panda did get some pics and a vid of me destroying some NES games though.

By the way, I told my wife about how everyone was excited to see me beat Tyson. She said that she wasn't impressed, she sees me beat Tyson all the time lol.

My favorite moment of the night, I was playing through arcade Double Dragon on Panda's cab via his emu box. I finally beat Willy at the end without continuing, getting that 1CC for the first time ever. I was elated.

Bob: "That's emulation it doesn't count."

Me: "FUCK YOU!"

:keke:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Bob shouldn't have said that.

Spoiler:
everyone should have

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
We didn't really take many pics I don't think. We were busy actually playing games and enjoying ourselves. Panda did get some pics and a vid of me destroying some NES games though.

By the way, I told my wife about how everyone was excited to see me beat Tyson. She said that she wasn't impressed, she sees me beat Tyson all the time lol.

My favorite moment of the night, I was playing through arcade Double Dragon on Panda's cab via his emu box. I finally beat Willy at the end without continuing, getting that 1CC for the first time ever. I was elated.

Bob: "That's emulation it doesn't count."

Me: "FUCK YOU!"

:keke:

I lost it when he said that :lolz:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sounds like you guys had a rad time!

MuppeT

War Room Troll
GohanX can I send you my mike Tyson punch out to get it signed? I am pretty sure it will immensely decrease the value thou...

I am pretty sure there were also many picture attempts at the meet up... but the glare from all the balded heads and the cringe was too strong and they got all ruined.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
GohanX can I send you my mike Tyson punch out to get it signed? I am pretty sure it will immensely decrease the value thou...

I am pretty sure there were also many picture attempts at the meet up... but the glare from all the balded heads and the cringe was too strong and they got all ruined.

662e36280446c25393fdc9ac10f8b8b4.jpg

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Man you guys had a blast! Ive got to make it there hopefully soon.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
yeah, sorry I had to pull a 180 on the road.
glad you guys had fun though!

If any of y'all end up in Omaha, I'd be happy to put you up, see a world series game, or even take you to see my employer

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Just now read this. Was only messing around on the emulation part. You were beasting on those games Gohan.