Is the Taito Egret 2 right for me?

Nitsunto

n00b
Howdy, folks.

-EDIT- Quick answer is no, it isn't

So now that I have a Big Red, my next acquisition will be a candy cab.

I have done research and still have no idea what I want. (edit because i was really fundamentally wrong)

I want tri-sync so that this machine can be home to boards of many generations of gaming.

I want it to be easy to rotate the display by myself so that I can play classics and other verticals.

So, what would you guys recommend that meets these needs?

Anything I should be looking out for while I am looking for one?

Any other advice?

Any new and unique insults you have been waiting to try out? :D

Thanks

-Josh

Last edited:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
You can make it into a trisync with a Wei-ya/Rodotron chassis. But I don't know why you would want to.

Nitsunto

n00b
You can make it into a trisync with a Wei-ya/Rodotron chassis. But I don't know why you would want to.

Yeah, it is starting to look like Tri-sync may not be the great decision I believed it to be.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Keep in mind that 240p games are gonna look better on the Egret 2 monitor than a tri-sync if that matters to you.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Buy an Astro. Quit chasing drahons

yep. all an E2 is, is the Astro with a rotate mech and a SHIT TON of impossible parts to find for replacement.

now If you'll excuse me, I need to find NOS artwork for my E2..

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I want it to be easy to rotate the display by myself

a9d.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
yep. all an E2 is, is the Astro with a rotate mech and a SHIT TON of impossible parts to find for replacement.

They are not that hard to find parts for. Harder than the Sega cabs but still easier than anything else out there. The trick is buying one that is intact with nothing missing and the side art in good shape. I've seen people buy them with the illumination panel missing and it costs almost as much as the cab to replace if you can find one.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
They are not that hard to find parts for. Harder than the Sega cabs but still easier than anything else out there. The trick is buying one that is intact with nothing missing and the side art in good shape. I've seen people buy them with the illumination panel missing and it costs almost as much as the cab to replace if you can find one.

to be honest, the only thing missing from mine was the CP, the coin decal and the original locks.

all have now been replaced with taito replacements or repros.