NEOGEO Land ...

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Amazing demo, I genuinely was in awe whilst watching it. The name, music, menu and all the rich features are incredible. This is something I'd defiantly love to support and purchase should it come to market. I have had reliability issues with my current multi-cart and the cost of many genuine carts is just unobtainable for many, myself included so this would be an amazing alternative. Good luck with the project!!!!

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
This looks great! As always, your devotion to keeping NG alive and to the community is always appreciated!

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I too may smell like a fart, but its real! And its looks gorgeous, cant wait.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Great taste in font for the front end, too! Real Bout Special's has a really nice look that stands out among the Neo library. :D

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Wow... great job Raz! Looking forward for developments!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm impressed, and that would be again. I don't want to just sound like a boot licker here kissing up, but in all fairness I've been online over 20 years and into emulation and related systems/dev stuff most of that time. I've followed your stuff pre-cps shock 2 days forward you never do cease to amaze me the insane crap you can figure out and get going in such a beautiful fashion despite the hardware, the developer, whatever the case. That's one hell of an impressive piece of work there and I figured I wouldn't be amazed again by some emulation/multicart stuff anymore as most people just don't give much of a shit these days. I have no idea if you're uncertain, covering up some tracks, or just want to leave it at that, but it's safe to say you bring this to market I'd be very interested. MVS prices and definitely AES have gotten worse as time has gone on. I haven't owned one long, but I'm not stupid to looking up history, and a thing like this would be on the level of a local national treasure to someone into the Neo Geo hardware on either side of the fence (MVS / AES) and that's for damn certain outside of die hard purists only into legit SNK born physical cartridges. Whatever your future intentions are on this, if you have any, good luck with it as I hope you don't suffer another glitch or leak on this or whatever else you maybe cooking up as you clearly have done and still do damn good work. Back in those days of the 90s I went by the old efnet #emu and #oldwarez nick of VmprHntrD, used to do NES header work, header hacking, tweaking and releases of ROMs with a buddy back then through various groups and I do miss those days when things were still being discovered, advanced and more.

Last edited:

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
ui reminds me a little bit of this..

and that...

and that...

but your ui looks a lot better, i would say "perfect". i love it & great job so far...

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm impressed, and that would be again. I don't want to just sound like a boot licker here kissing up, but in all fairness I've been online over 20 years and into emulation and related systems/dev stuff most of that time. I've followed your stuff pre-cps shock 2 days forward you never do cease to amaze me the insane crap you can figure out and get going in such a beautiful fashion despite the hardware, the developer, whatever the case. That's one hell of an impressive piece of work there and I figured I wouldn't be amazed again by some emulation/multicart stuff anymore as most people just don't give much of a shit these days. I have no idea if you're uncertain, covering up some tracks, or just want to leave it at that, but it's safe to say you bring this to market I'd be very interested. MVS prices and definitely AES have gotten worse as time has gone on. I haven't owned one long, but I'm not stupid to looking up history, and a thing like this would be on the level of a local national treasure to someone into the Neo Geo hardware on either side of the fence (MVS / AES) and that's for damn certain outside of die hard purists only into legit SNK born physical cartridges. Whatever your future intentions are on this, if you have any, good luck with it as I hope you don't suffer another glitch or leak on this or whatever else you maybe cooking up as you clearly have done and still do damn good work. Back in those days of the 90s I went by the old efnet #emu and #oldwarez nick of VmprHntrD, used to do NES header work, header hacking, tweaking and releases of ROMs with a buddy back then through various groups and I do miss those days when things were still being discovered, advanced and more.

I was around back in those days too. Used to admin a site called EmuUnlim, way back in the before times. Just the thought of being able to play old console games on your computer was amazing. UltraHLE blew my damn mind.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Same user name? I remember that site. My primary was Dave's VGC. At the time we lived in the same general part of the stat (Cali) and I helped both admin the forums on there but also quietly ran the news site too off and on when he'd have busy classes or vacation. Hell of a fun time watching all the archaic crap grow before a lot of the tech docs got stolen and thrown online (or people figured it out) and yeah UHLE was mind blowing. The fact a modern mid-tier PC could run various N64 games accurately or accurately enough to function just by tweaking a stupid INI file basically was insane. You just had to figure out the hacks in the file and it made magic as far as it was capable of at least and the HLE they went with opened a lot of doors later, some not all that good (look how n64 emulation still sucks more or less though far better) and others yeah it has. I was all into that and also pumping out ROMs and headers for Vertigo 2099, among a couple other smaller things. Shame the stuff I cared about most hit a wall long ago, kind of got bored and just stopped with it.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Raz, what you're doing here is wonderful and I'd like to point something out that I don't think anyone else has.

This project, as it looks in the video, would absolutely be THE most important piece for Neo Geo collectors and enthusiasts. Because essentially, this would eliminate the need for switching cartridges, moving them around, et cetera. I know many people have multicarts for this, but I got rid of a multicart a long time ago because the experience was just so piss poor. I'm sure a lot of airheads would come out and throw their money up for this, but those of us who have a big collection and have invested in shockboxes and take care of our carts definitely worry about long-term preservation.

A legitimate, authentic way to play the Neo library does a few things, especially for the diehards in the community:
-Genuine AES/MVS cart collections will last longer
-Those who might have been able to afford Twinkle Star Sprites, Dodgeball, Samurai Shodown Zero Special 6 or 7 years ago but can't anymore due to obnoxious inflation will be able to play the games

I am in awe of your efforts Raz.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Sign me up for one. This is the coolest thing I've seen on here for a while!

NeoLucian

New Challenger
Amazing work, the menu looks stunning.

I could be wrong but I thought that for the other MultiCarts they had to hack the games to allow jumping back to the menu e.g. on the 161 cart but the 138 cart requires the daughter board to manipulate the menu.

It seems that you have fixed/got around that issue, just wondered if you had already known how to fix that problem or is something you have come across in your recent developments?

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Just saw the video this morning, didn't expect to see this!

Looks very nice, I hope an AES version gets launched one day, will get one for sure.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Just saw the video this morning, didn't expect to see this!

Looks very nice, I hope an AES version gets launched one day, will get one for sure.

Same here.

Everyone sell your AES collections, quick! Before Raz makes them worthless :lolz:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Amazing work, the menu looks stunning.

I could be wrong but I thought that for the other MultiCarts they had to hack the games to allow jumping back to the menu e.g. on the 161 cart but the 138 cart requires the daughter board to manipulate the menu.

It seems that you have fixed/got around that issue, just wondered if you had already known how to fix that problem or is something you have come across in your recent developments?

You are right that current multicarts have manual patches in the game code or a daughter card. The method I use has been around since the beginning of modern computers, I can certinally see instances of its use over 20 years ago and I can't say I invented it, its just a method I have always known about from my C64 days when I started programming at low level.

NeoLucian

New Challenger
You are right that current multicarts have manual patches in the game code or a daughter card. The method I use has been around since the beginning of modern computers, I can certinally see instances of its use over 20 years ago and I can't say I invented it, its just a method I have always known about from my C64 days when I started programming at low level.

Good to know, thank you for the reply.

Im assuming that its similar to how cracktro's etc. are patched in to load before the main executable code and then jump back once it has filled its purpose (trainer, just an intro etc.)
I love the fact that alot of people who started on the C64 are still around and lessons learned back then are still coming in handy now.

Thanks again for all your hard work (Unibios, this etc.)