NEOGEO Land ...

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
HAHAH I did really talk to Oda at Playsation Experience last December as he was demoing the game for the first time to the public. He was there at the kof 14 booth with a translator next to him. One of the booth workers told me to talk to him after I said I was a huge fan. I wish I got my copy of Garou on DC signed, regret that.

And I just happened upon the video after looking into modding my Neo Geo Cd with Unibios. It was on Razoola's channel. Had no clue what it was at the time beyond the video description but I will say it was a "list" of games in a gorgeous UI with scanlines enabled and i dont think I should spoil more until Razoola does himself (seamless loading is all I'll say). Vague I know but you're gonna have to trust me.

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
Something smells like a fart, and it's you two.

Two 20 post members are the only ones who saw whatever it was, and this Draco guy said he talked to oda through a translator?

Come on...

You've got me there; I cannot argue that I don't smell like a fart.

That said, the only reason I managed to see and comment upon this seemingly-elusive video is that I subscribed to Raz's youtube channel after seeing a couple of videos he had previously put up demonstrating the Crossed Swords 2 cart conversion. Thus, when the video was made public (and I believe it remained so for a few days, prior to this thread being posted), it showed up in my Subscriptions feed and drew my attention.

Edit: Now that Raz has linked the video, you can check the comments on the video and see that a 'WNivek' did indeed previously comment.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I think I actually have been playing there in my youth when I did visit London - has this been the place where you could walk through this kind of "haunted corridor" having characters from House of the Dead or something?

that's the one. sega world did have a haunted horror tunnel thing where zombies and monsters chase you down dark corridors.

The one in wood green?

They also had that one in the oriental shopping mall on edgeware road...

the one you're talking about was sega park, craig. i'm referring to trocadero in central london, which was sega world for a while in the 90' to early 2000'. but i believe sega park also used the same or similar coins as sega world.

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, unlike some other solutions with sd cards, lcd screens, buttons, loading times, custom rom formats and undoubtedly all sorts of issues, this would actually be something to get excited about.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Well, unlike some other solutions with sd cards, lcd screens, buttons, loading times, custom rom formats and undoubtedly all sorts of issues, this would actually be something to get excited about.

Huh? What would? What's going on?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
that's the one. sega world did have a haunted horror tunnel thing where zombies and monsters chase you down dark corridors.

the one you're talking about was sega park, craig. i'm referring to trocadero in central london, which was sega world for a while in the 90' to early 2000'. but i believe sega park also used the same or similar coins as sega world.

We just called it the trocadero... but it was alright. The bar upstairs was a nice touch.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Huh? What would? What's going on?

Presumption that this would be an all-in-one cart that's actually complete and good.

Of course, that's just a presumption. Whatever it is, I'm sure its going to be something great and worthwhile for the Neo community, being Raz and all.

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
Whatever it is, I'm sure its going to be something great and worthwhile for the Neo community, being Raz and all.
It most certainly will be, assuming something eventually comes of this.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Yeah based on the initial video alone, its pretty damn cool if the final project realizes the potenial in the video (which with Razoola I have no doubts).

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
If anyone else wants to see the video, PM Karou for a copy.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
kof95-stage-japan.gif

The secret of Neo Geo Land is in this picture...

Spoiler:
Semen and karaoke, from the top left

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Odd attempt at some gorilla style marketing, I guess. Still, I trust what you do, Raz, and if you've got a new project in the works I'm automatically interested :D So, I'll just sit back and wait for some updates in this thread!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Im going out on a limb and saying it's a multicart that he'll debut as soon as Darksoft opens preorders for theirs.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Sounds like a great idea to me. Will definitely make for some fun conversation and competition.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
A multicart with a pretty menu and no rom-hacks would be pretty cool.
I never gave much thought to a Neo Geo multicart but if it's something Raz is working on I can't help but be interested.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
It's a new bios that lets you "save" your carts onto "neo-geo land" from which you can launch your games without ever needing to switch them out or insert them back in. There will be a dongle. Theres always a dongle.

So it's limited to your library but "Neo-Geo Land" has a secret backdoor that won't be advertised but its there.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I guess your wondering what this thread is all about. A short time ago a private YouTube video from April was somehow made public. I am really not sure if I did that in error or if it happened due to a youtube bug as I was moving stuff around, or a hack. Either way it was not planned. I see now that information about the video has been posted to another forum so there is no real point of holding this thread any more.

For best result watch fullscreen in HD at 60fps.

I am not going to go into any more detail about this video at the moment apart from saying the UI was a quick knockup to show the kind of things possible on a good NeoGeo multicart. Comments and suggestions are welcome. I'm am not however going to start talking about a final product or what form that would be in (if any), or about other people involved (if any).

Enjoy.

(description from YouTube below)

NeoGeo Land UI tech demo. This is a demo of what is possible from a multicart on NeoGeo MVS & AES hardware. Note, transparent effects in the video will not appear correct unless you view at 60fps. Read on for more information.

Almost every possible and potentially asked for multicart feature is covered. Right from limiting to a single game (identical to single SLOT hardware), to an identical game swapping method as used on multislot hardware (2SLOT, 4SLOT and 6SLOT). If enabled, the popup game list can be used to quickly get to another game without the need of multiple button presses (shown in video). A button code can also be enabled to allow forced jumping back to the main game select menu (like the current multicart hacks), this allows one to jump out of a playing game.

There is a random game cycle feature when left in attract mode on top of the standard multislot game rotation. Also multiple ways to configure without ever requiring wire hacks for operation, even when used in a cabinet! Real easy plug and play.

All game softdips and highscore tables are stored on the cart in a custom backup RAM region and not on the host system. There is no eight game limit and full AES support. Watching the video you may have also spotted credits are handled correctly even when the menus are up. In effect this can be run in an arcade environment and never pawn credits.

Note... Not a single manual patch has been applied to the stored game data or special bios required to achieve this proof of concept multicart demo. Adding a game is mostly a seamless affair within the framework, only a few offset vars are required.

Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Very cool Raz, I hope this eventually materializes into something!