PCE controller ext. cable problems : /

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Any you guys have a problem with using a 6' extension cable for the PCE controller? I got it new from ebay seller kraydad.

I noticed it first on Raiden when the turbo buttom is fully set it will work fine for a bit then just stop firing. Half to tap the piss out of the button just to get it to shoot. Remove the extension and it works fine. Wonder if the length is causing some sort of reduced signal to the machine?

Guess maybe I could have got a bad cable doesn't look like it has been pinched at all. This sucks I hate how short a damn PCE controller cable is lol.

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Any you guys have a problem with using a 6' extension cable for the PCE controller? I got it new from ebay seller kraydad.

I noticed it first on Raiden when the turbo buttom is fully set it will work fine for a bit then just stop firing. Half to tap the piss out of the button just to get it to shoot. Remove the extension and it works fine. Wonder if the length is causing some sort of reduced signal to the machine?

Guess maybe I could have got a bad cable doesn't look like it has been pinched at all. This sucks I hate how short a damn PCE controller cable is lol.

Sometimes my AES would randomly pause if using an extension cable. I don't know the exact cause of random problems like this. Maybe try to find a cable with larger gauge wires to help compensate for the longer run?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Sometimes my AES would randomly pause if using an extension cable. I don't know the exact cause of random problems like this. Maybe try to find a cable with larger gauge wires to help compensate for the longer run?

That's probably what's the problem here. Any of you guys got a PCE multi tap? If so whats the exact wire length from mini din to tap casing? I would appreciate it very much to know the length if you care to. Might just do this if the wire is long enough. Probably wouldn't half to worry about any issue w/ it hopefully.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Is the PCE avenue pad 3 cord any longer than a std PCE controller cable?

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder

Ive used long extension cables from monoprice with no issues.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member

I've had that problem with both PCE and AES extension cables. In my case the pins on the male ends of the extension cables were too short and couldn't get a good connection with the console. Switching to different brands of cables resolved the problems.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Maybe the cable wites nees to be shielded?

Have you tried a different controller?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I've had that problem with both PCE and AES extension cables. In my case the pins on the male ends of the extension cables were too short and couldn't get a good connection with the console. Switching to different brands of cables resolved the problems.

Do you remember which cable did you end up getting Woody that worked best?

Maybe the cable wites nees to be shielded?

Have you tried a different controller?

No clue about shielding Dogg, I'm no tech guy at all on this stuff.

This is the only controller I have atm, need to get an avenue 3 anyway for Forgotten Worlds.

My tap has a 3 1/2 inch cable.

No.

Well the tap is out then, thought if the wire was longer I could just use it instead of the ext. cable.

Crap, well maybe the monoprice one will work.

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Do you remember which cable did you end up getting Woody that worked best?

I got mine through a group buy on this site, can't remember who ran the buy though. You might want to try the mono price since it's getting good reviews here.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I got mine through a group buy on this site, can't remember who ran the buy though. You might want to try the mono price since it's getting good reviews here.

Cool man thanks, yeah might as well try the mono its cheap enough.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

Probably Yodd

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If it was Yodds group buy kraydad was the source I think.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Update got the monoprice extension cable in today. It works perfect no glitching with the turbo set to full on a hectic shmup. The one I got from kraydad must have been just a defective cable probably.

Thanks to all that recommended the mono works like a damn champ.

Last edited: