IGS PGM issue (resource error: memory mode use)

mltv

n00b
Hey guys,

I just booted up my PGM DDPII and received a error message of:

resource error: memory mode use

Not sure if it's an issue with the mobo or the cart (that's the only cart I have).

Google search of that error didnt show any hits for me..

Does anyone know what this might be? Or how I can troubleshoot this properly?

The cart worked fine a few days ago, and the battery had been replaced in the past (with a coin type), and no acid damage, etc.

thanks.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Can you get into service mode on the PGM?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
If you haven't already, clean the ever loving shit out of the cart contacts. I've had some weird PGM errors with DDP2 but a good cleaning resolved them. Hopefully that's all you'll need to do.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
If you haven't already, clean the ever loving shit out of the cart contacts. I've had some weird PGM errors with DDP2 but a good cleaning resolved them. Hopefully that's all you'll need to do.

This. Not sure why - but DDP II usually goes to an error screen instead of freezing up or just being garbled. DeOxit on the contacts should resolve. Also, get a V102 rom burned and dropped in (it's an IC socketed rom, 3 second swap out). This enables button 4 for your shot pattern swapping.

mltv

n00b
I tried cleaning, and also spraying a DeOxit alternative I found locally (and let it rest for the 4-6hours). Still no-go. And I cant get into the service menu (using either the service button from a cab or supergun, and also the button on the motherboard (near that toggle switch by the battery)).

Im going to revisit the cleaning again tonight, but I think I may just grab another PGM mobo as well (having spares wont hurt!), and take it from there.

thanks guys.

madman

If you can't get into service mode, sounds like your mobo is broken. Do you get the same error without the cart inserted?

madman

Yeah sounds like your mobo went to the great arcade in the sky. I haven't seen much repair info on them outside of bridging traces that were eaten up by leaky batteries. I've got a spare mobo in case mine dies in the future, they're pretty affordable.

mltv

n00b
Yeah sounds like your mobo went to the great arcade in the sky. I haven't seen much repair info on them outside of bridging traces that were eaten up by leaky batteries. I've got a spare mobo in case mine dies in the future, they're pretty affordable.

Got in my new mobo, and all works! One day, when I have time, I hope to track down the issue with the original mobo.

thanks guys!