What causes MVS titles to crash using Unibios, but work with official BIOS?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I have 2 titles that are giving me unibios errors and crashing my games. The games have been tested on my system running an older version of the unibios, 2.4.

I tested them on a friends cabinet yesterday, and they seem to work perfect. I tested both for an extended period of time.

These games are not boots, and as far as I know have never been repaired. They show no signs of having been tampered with upon opening.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'll post one for MOTW. It crashes consistently, but the other game crashes randomly. The MOTW crashes throw different errors most of the time. I will try and get some pics up in a minute.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
This is not a unibios issue. From what you have said the game are crashing on one NeoGeo but not the other. I would guess you need to give all the cart contacts a good clean and check your power supply. The crash screen indicates a crash while addeccing the game.

Raz

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Ivedone that Raz. Theres not a speck of dust on these carts, and i bought a brand new psu.

What does this error mean?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The 2nd screen shows the game crashed while trying to execute the opcode at 0x188. basically the cpu did not understand the instruction.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The 2nd screen shows the game crashed while trying to execute the opcode at 0x188. basically the cpu did not understand the instruction.

So would that be a cart issue, or a CPU issue Raz? I'm trying to figure out if I need to acquire a new MOTW, or a new console.