DracoBlade's Modest Games Hoard (Pray for my shelf the thread)

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
IMG_2727.JPG

Hey guys!

Been here and there for awhile now as a lurker but as my first thread on the site what better way too introduce myself than show off my imploding shelf and the meager games gradually destroying it! (Its an old shelf well beyond its lifetime with a newer but smaller spaced shelf behind it...I'm in college :p)

I'll keep this short but I've been collecting casually for the NGCD and NGPC for a few years and love all things SNK/Neo Geo as I'm sure y'all do too.

Beyond that I included pictures ranging from Famicom to Ps4 of my other small collections.

I live in a shared and super small San Francisco apartment room so I have little to no space beyond this shelf but I did my best to take as many closeups as possible! I'm Looking to add MVS games in the next two months so hopefully I'll be able to make space (and not have my shelf collapse and destroy everything)!

Thanks for looking!

P.S. I know its not much but I am open to hearing out any trade inquires btw just please PM! Don't want this to be a stealth BST thread.

Neo Geo CD Collection (Most with spines, all inside the case)
IMG_2750.JPG

IMG_2743.JPG
(Found the AES game at a con but don't have an AES)

Dreamcast, Saturn, PS1, PC Engine, Everything else (+System of A Down) (That's not in storage elsewhere like Gamecube, gameboy, etc.; Most of the loose carts here have boxes in storage, I just have them loose to play!)

IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

13823665_1235315069814800_397662480_n_zps6cg7gzj7.jpg

IMG_2738.JPG

Castlevania is my favorite series bar none. Sidescrollers >

IMG_2740.JPG

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2752.JPG

No 8man but I like it :)

Attachments

• IMG_2750.JPG
    IMG_2750.JPG
    419.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Lol you weren't joking about those shelves!

Nice collection, do you have consoles to go with all of those? Could be a case for a retron type solution if you've got zero space.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Lol you weren't joking about those shelves!

Nice collection, do you have consoles to go with all of those? Could be a case for a retron type solution if you've got zero space.

Thanks and yep! They're all fitted in some miraculous game of where can I sit the Sega next within the compartments of a massive oak desk I use (well ventilated/open ofc).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Dat Shelf is a lovely statement, plus I like your hardwood floor. And the most enjoyable thing about your collection is its personality -- one really can tell, that each game is your own choice, because of your love to play them. Thanks for sharing!!!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Beautiful. And loving the Asuka figure.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Thanks and yep! They're all fitted in some miraculous game of where can I sit the Sega next within the compartments of a massive oak desk I use (well ventilated/open ofc).

Very nice collection DracoBlade!

One thing, I noticed that your shelves are boding under the light weight PS2 cases lol. I actually have the same exact shelf (love this thing, it's so awesome!) and have all my MVS carts (which are much heavier than console game discs and cases) lined up on the shelf. Currently there are 161 carts on the shelf and they have not boded at all. I noticed this issue with another person's shelf when I purchased mine. Since I saw that it was boding with such little weight, I knew I had to reinforce the shelves. I used a full eight ounce bottle of wood glue on the shelf as I was assembling it. In every nook, cranny, hole, crack, and joining area. Due to this, assembly time was drastically increased and it took me about a full day to put the shelf together. Totally worth it though. Yours is beyond repair now, but in case you get a new one in the future, it's something to consider.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Dat Shelf is a lovely statement, plus I like your hardwood floor. And the most enjoyable thing about your collection is its personality -- one really can tell, that each game is your own choice, because of your love to play them. Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks a lot! I try to only keep and get games I will play extensively and or utterly adore (its why I have multiples of some games only because of minute platform differences. IDK how many variants of Castlevania's I own at this point, most not pictured). The hardwood floor was a happy accident moving into this place!

Beautiful. And loving the Asuka figure.

She's the third impact in my collection ;;) and best girl confirmed.

Very nice collection DracoBlade!

One thing, I noticed that your shelves are boding under the light weight PS2 cases lol. I actually have the same exact shelf (love this thing, it's so awesome!) and have all my MVS carts (which are much heavier than console game discs and cases) lined up on the shelf. Currently there are 161 carts on the shelf and they have not boded at all. I noticed this issue with another person's shelf when I purchased mine. Since I saw that it was boding with such little weight, I knew I had to reinforce the shelves. I used a full eight ounce bottle of wood glue on the shelf as I was assembling it. In every nook, cranny, hole, crack, and joining area. Due to this, assembly time was drastically increased and it took me about a full day to put the shelf together. Totally worth it though. Yours is beyond repair now, but in case you get a new one in the future, it's something to consider.

Man! If only I had known! It really is a good shelf considering the hell I put it through over 3 years. Its weird that the PS2 cases seemingly weigh on it the most like you mentioned too. I assembled it in about an hour as a dumb freshman. If I get a new one I'll definitely use your tip!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
A shelf queen takes as much pride in their shelves as they do in the games they put on them. You are out of the club! :mad_2:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I will pray for your shelf. Nice collection by the way!

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Nice collection! You will need a lot more shelf space if you are going to buy MVS carts.

I live in a shared and super small San Francisco apartment room so I have little to no space beyond this shelf but I did my best to take as many closeups as possible! I'm Looking to add MVS games in the next two months so hopefully I'll be able to make space (and not have my shelf collapse and destroy everything)!

No 8man but I like it :)

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nice collection. I thought the warp on the shelf was because of lens distortion. lol

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
A shelf queen takes as much pride in their shelves as they do in the games they put on them. You are out of the club! :mad_2:

But I want to be the King of Warped shelving :p I'll start that club!

I will pray for your shelf. Nice collection by the way!

Thanks!

Nice collection! You will need a lot more shelf space if you are going to buy MVS carts.

In the immediate phase of building my collection I will honestly shuffle alot of titles and that big pipboy box out of the shelf to make room for the carts. I cant imagine getting ten at one time for example but I will indeed invest in a new shelf after this thread lol. If only too make you all happy :) (and to fulfill this twisted MVS fantasy)

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Man! If only I had known! It really is a good shelf considering the hell I put it through over 3 years. Its weird that the PS2 cases seemingly weigh on it the most like you mentioned too. I assembled it in about an hour as a dumb freshman. If I get a new one I'll definitely use your tip!

Haha, all good man. Let me ask you something though, when did the wood start to bode? How long after you bought and loaded up those shelves I mean.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Haha, all good man. Let me ask you something though, when did the wood start to bode? How long after you bought and loaded up those shelves I mean.

Oh man its been like this for probably about two years, If I had to guess I'd say it started after only about a year, maybe a year and a half. Are you getting paranoid now about yours lol?

nice collection, really would like to have a Japanese PS2 my self

Do it! Super cheap on the whole tbh, the most I've paid for a game was Hokuto no Ken for like $30. I cant imagine it being this cheap ever again in terms of the market. Some ps1 titles are already ridiculously priced imo.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Oh man its been like this for probably about two years, If I had to guess I'd say it started after only about a year, maybe a year and a half. Are you getting paranoid now about yours lol?

Lol, just want to know when I should expect it to happen. I think I only got it about 2 or 3 months ago so I have a while before I should start getting worried. Hopefully it's okay.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana

Post pics if it starts to implode so we can all pray for it's prosperity in propping your stuff for years to come lol

Marek

Banned

This.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Your PMs are full btw Hellfromabove, you sent me a message and I cant respond to it :)

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
that poor shelf but nice cd collection. ooooh didn't know rumble fish 2 was released on ps2. will definitely have to look into picking that up!