Hello from Portland OR.

So I noticed I now have the privilege of creating new topics and decided that my first should be an introduction thread.

Life long nerd and my love affair with the NeezyGeezy is detailed the "Why do you love Neo Geo" thread. Up until a few years ago I was in the military and as such lived a cramped and transient life. I kept gaming, but using the backpack friendly emulation+laptop combo.

About 8 months ago I got in position to start collecting for the first time in my adult life and started out just picking some titles up off of ebay then migrated to some internet forums/making trading friends off of instagram.
I stayed away from Neo Geo because I am but a mere peasant and sticker shock kept me away. I recently discovered cmvs and have been edging my way into that. My first pick up was Last Blade 2 and I couldn't have been more happy. I never thought growing up that I would own Neo Geo games the joy of actually owning LB2 was amazing and I was hooked. Even if it is the low rent scummy mvs version.

Anyway. I am now here. Let the friendship and rainbows commence.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Lol clearly you dont know about the portland neo community. Welcome to the fold dude.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
the NeezyGeezy

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Welcome to the community! Excellent way to begin collecting/playing Neo Geo!

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Didn't waste much time making a wtb thread, but that was to be expected.

Didn't waste much time making a wtb thread, but that was to be expected.

That was pointed out to me as a rushed move. I figured if I was going to buy those things it would be better to try and give that money to someone on here and not have eBay take a chunk out of it in the process. Forgive the mis-steps, I have a sincere interest in neo geo and acquiring friends in the community.

I imagine you wear flannels and ride a bicycle? :)

I own a few flannels and a bicycle. But those are things I have owned for 20 years now. The real reason I moved to Portland is much worse than longing for a Xanadu Hipster Uptopia. I moved here for a girl. Shittiest of all maneuvers.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I own a few flannels and a bicycle. But those are things I have owned for 20 years now. The real reason I moved to Portland is much worse than longing for a Xanadu Hipster Uptopia. I moved here for a girl. Shittiest of all maneuvers.

I met this really hot dude that was born in England but raised in France. He had a sick accent & also had a pretty sweet car.
He moved all the way to Portland for a girl he met that was vacationing in France at some time, they got settled down, and they broke up after a few months.

There's no moral to this story. Enjoy all the micro-brews and strip clubs.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
That was pointed out to me as a rushed move. I figured if I was going to buy those things it would be better to try and give that money to someone on here and not have eBay take a chunk out of it in the process. Forgive the mis-steps, I have a sincere interest in neo geo and acquiring friends in the community.

Win the battle, lose the war, choice of evils lie before your feet.

You can buy potentially bootlegs from ebay for a markup, but they will sell to you.
Or you can try to beg to be allowed to buy stuff from the market.

Retreat, retreat!
You're standing in the eye of the storm, move an inch and you'll be dead.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Win the battle, lose the war, choice of evils lie before your feet.

You can buy potentially bootlegs from ebay for a markup, but they will sell to you.
Or you can try to beg to be allowed to buy stuff from the market.

Retreat, retreat!
You're standing in the eye of the storm, move an inch and you'll be dead.

giphy.gif