Who made the "clicky" Japanese style buttons?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I've seen multiple people discuss them in the past. Like a 30mm Japsnese srtuke button with a Microswitch click sound. Anyone have any idea at all, and if they're still available? :scratch:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I've seen multiple people discuss them in the past. Like a 30mm Japsnese srtuke button with a Microswitch click sound. Anyone have any idea at all, and if they're still available? :scratch:

Gamefinger made 30mm buttons with replaceable mx microswitches. They click like crazy

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Gamefinger made 30mm buttons with replaceable mx microswitches. They click like crazy

Well, they're expensive as hell, and i'd probably want to buy the audible Cherry MX blue microswitches.
All push button colors are sold out direct besides clear green and clear yellow, they're no longer carried at arcade paradise, and some UK arcade parts shop has still has white in stock. I don't really know what color to get or if I should get them at all after hearing that they aren't super durable.
Do you think the solid white would last longer than the translucent plastics as those are usually weaker/more brittle in most applications?

Edit, the UK parts shop only has 7 white buttons in stock and I'd need 8, so there goes that option. I'll probably just go green or something if I do.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Well, they're expensive as hell, and i'd probably want to buy the audible Cherry MX blue microswitches.
All push button colors are sold out direct besides clear green and clear yellow, they're no longer carried at arcade paradise, and some UK arcade parts shop has still has white in stock. I don't really know what color to get or if I should get them at all after hearing that they aren't super durable.
Do you think the solid white would last longer than the translucent plastics as those are usually weaker/more brittle in most applications?

Edit, the UK parts shop only has 7 white buttons in stock and I'd need 8, so there goes that option. I'll probably just go green or something if I do.

I had the clear ones and they were very nice. I've been into modding sticks for over a decade and I can say that I've never broken a button. These should last you awhile for sure... I'd just buy extra microswitches while they are still stocking them.

Is this for the HRAP? If so, buy a plexi cover for it and rock the six button setup.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I had the clear ones and they were very nice. I've been into modding sticks for over a decade and I can say that I've never broken a button. These should last you awhile for sure... I'd just buy extra microswitches while they are still stocking them.

Is this for the HRAP? If so, buy a plexi cover for it and rock the six button setup.

I'm half asleep, but that's not a bad idea. I have two HRAPs, so could do something a little different with each.

I already ordered 8x translucent green buttons and ordered 8x Blue audible clicky Cherry MX microswitches off ebay for just a buck a piece.

So about those plexi covers, since they sit on top of the existing cover do they stick out too much that it's noticeable?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I forgot about those. Those are click too...but be prepared for finger cramps. You REALLY gotta press those things down.

@Res0 what model hraps do you have?

I have the Xbox One HRAP V Kuro. They don't say kai, but they have the wider button placement from the stick. That confused me on which plexi to order (if I were to order).

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I have the Xbox One HRAP V Kuro. They don't say kai, but they have the wider button placement from the stick. That confused me on which plexi to order (if I were to order).

Do you have a link? I'm seeing the V Kai, but not a Kuro. The buttons in the stick are Kuro buttons.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Oh, I ordered some of those Sanwa buttons with the microswitches to test them out too. :)

Might be possible to pop the switch out and trim the spring if they're too tight.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I forgot about those. Those are click too...but be prepared for finger cramps. You REALLY gotta press those things down.

@Res0 what model hraps do you have?
You can swap the microswitch. Drill out the rivet and replace with a nut and bolt.