Final Fight DL on 3DS? Worth it?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It doesn't have a good rating. It's the SNES version, which omits a level, guy, and PL2.. What say you guys... is it worth it?

As big of a FF whore I am, I might wait for a sale or Final Fight Guy to show up.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I would get streets of rage 2 3d classics version...

The 3d is actually pretty dope and it has some nice options.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
not the most popular opinion, but the snes port of final fight is actually one of my favourite versions of the game. i like the flow and pace of the game. and the snes version of the sound track is pretty sweet imo. but i would go with final fight guy over the first release.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I would get streets of rage 2 3d classics version...

The 3d is actually pretty dope and it has some nice options.

^ This 100%. Plus the SNES version of FF is pretty weak.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's not a terrible port, but if you have a PSP or Vita just get whatever Capcom arcade collection has Final Fight on it, it's arcade perfect. Or pull out the GBA and play Final Fight One.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
No Poison & Roxy, no sale. The definitive version is the hack PCB where you can play as Roxy. ;)

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
It's not a terrible port, but if you have a PSP or Vita just get whatever Capcom arcade collection has Final Fight on it, it's arcade perfect. Or pull out the GBA and play Final Fight One.

Or mighty final fight on the capcom mini classics

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't know why people put down SNES Final Fight in 2016.

Final Fight light is fun. Do you really want all those hoards of enemies?

Can you handle them??

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Normally I'd tell you to avoid it, but if you're set on getting it on the download through 3DS and you want Final Fight and don't want or already have Streets of Rage, sure buy it.

Regularly I'd tell you to run away, fast. Why? Censorship and butchery. They put in a pair of stick boy mohawk cut trannies in there instead of Roxy and Poison. All the minor blood spatter from weapon hits or your continue screen are gone. Oh my God (to beating a car to pieces) is wussed down to Oh my car! Various names of bosses are cut again to be sensitive. They removed an entire stage from the game and boss, no Rolento. As known, Guy is out, unless you buy Final Fight Guy, which is still butchered but with him and not Cody. If you take that all to the side, and go in clueless to the butchery, it's a solid brawler still and handles itself well. It was my first punchy kicky console game as I never really got them on the NES other than River City Ransom after the fact, so I still own it, but I have the sequels which style wise (especially 3) I prefer.

I'd tell you if you want the only non-fucked Nintendo version of FInal Fight, get the JAPANESE Final Fight ONE for GBA. I found back in 2001 those assholes chopped the game up yet again or GBA in the US/EU english markets, so I paid an added $10 back then and imported it, it's far b etter ..blood, chicks, etc.

I also agree Mighty Final Fight on NES is badass, I own that one, would never part with it. Sad that it has more stages, the women, and all 3 brawlers which the SNES lacks.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Normally I'd tell you to avoid it, but if you're set on getting it on the download through 3DS and you want Final Fight and don't want or already have Streets of Rage, sure buy it.

Regularly I'd tell you to run away, fast. Why? Censorship and butchery. They put in a pair of stick boy mohawk cut trannies in there instead of Roxy and Poison. All the minor blood spatter from weapon hits or your continue screen are gone. Oh my God (to beating a car to pieces) is wussed down to Oh my car! Various names of bosses are cut again to be sensitive. They removed an entire stage from the game and boss, no Rolento. As known, Guy is out, unless you buy Final Fight Guy, which is still butchered but with him and not Cody. If you take that all to the side, and go in clueless to the butchery, it's a solid brawler still and handles itself well. It was my first punchy kicky console game as I never really got them on the NES other than River City Ransom after the fact, so I still own it, but I have the sequels which style wise (especially 3) I prefer.

I'd tell you if you want the only non-fucked Nintendo version of FInal Fight, get the JAPANESE Final Fight ONE for GBA. I found back in 2001 those assholes chopped the game up yet again or GBA in the US/EU english markets, so I paid an added $10 back then and imported it, it's far b etter ..blood, chicks, etc.

I also agree Mighty Final Fight on NES is badass, I own that one, would never part with it. Sad that it has more stages, the women, and all 3 brawlers which the SNES lacks.

You're corny.

It doesn't have a good rating. It's the SNES version, which omits a level, guy, and PL2.. What say you guys... is it worth it?

As big of a FF whore I am, I might wait for a sale or Final Fight Guy to show up.

I'm a huge final fight fan, the gameboy advance version might be the one to download.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm corny? No, I'm accurate. I'm a huge Final Fight fan, love the games, and I know the shortcomings of the SNES title, and despite that I still enjoy it but I realize it was a rushed launch title lacking the stage, but the censorship I can understand in that year, but 100% inexcusable in 2001 on the GBA release. There just was no reason for that at all other than Capcom USA being sheisty.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm corny? No, I'm accurate. I'm a huge Final Fight fan, love the games, and I know the shortcomings of the SNES title, and despite that I still enjoy it but I realize it was a rushed launch title lacking the stage, but the censorship I can understand in that year, but 100% inexcusable in 2001 on the GBA release. There just was no reason for that at all other than Capcom USA being sheisty.

Your facts are accurate. I guess I'm just referring to the fervent nature of your delivery.

I see what you mean, but in 2016 with SFC Final Fight 1 + Guy, plus the relative accessibility of the arcade version (be it owning the board, MAME, 128-bit ports etc.), lamenting the localization choices and hardware limitations of yesteryear seems redundant and over the top.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm a beat em up whore, and I don't carry the Vita around generally (I'm on the move alot). I own the JP GBA game and SoR2 on 3DS. I will pick this up when I get caught up on my billz$.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I still play through the SNES port every once in a while. It's not my first choice of ports, but the lower enemy count makes it a pretty manageable game, it's still difficult but not impossible. Hopefully Capcom will release FF3 on the 3DS VC, that game is pretty badass and makes for a good portable game. I've spent many hours playing it on the U's gamepad.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I still play through the SNES port every once in a while. It's not my first choice of ports, but the lower enemy count makes it a pretty manageable game, it's still difficult but not impossible. Hopefully Capcom will release FF3 on the 3DS VC, that game is pretty badass and makes for a good portable game. I've spent many hours playing it on the U's gamepad.
Oh yea. FF2 would be great on 3DS too.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Your facts are accurate. I guess I'm just referring to the fervent nature of your delivery.

I see what you mean, but in 2016 with SFC Final Fight 1 + Guy, plus the relative accessibility of the arcade version (be it owning the board, MAME, 128-bit ports etc.), lamenting the localization choices and hardware limitations of yesteryear seems redundant and over the top.

I follow, but I was playing into the context of his interest in the DLC of a SNES game he wanted on the Virtual Console, so other than dragging the US GBA version into the mud because they basically just aped the cuts of the 1991 SNES game he was wanting I just stuck to yesteryear as that was where the interest lied.

As the other posts above me brought up, it would be nice if they paid more service to Final Fight 2 and especially 3 as it's great.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I checked my 3ds, they want $8 for this? Lol, no.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Yup that's Nintendo for you. Doesn't matter what the real cart goes for if it's a dollar or three hundred, it's $8 for a minimalist emulator that does a save state and that's it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I follow, but I was playing into the context of his interest in the DLC of a SNES game he wanted on the Virtual Console, so other than dragging the US GBA version into the mud because they basically just aped the cuts of the 1991 SNES game he was wanting I just stuck to yesteryear as that was where the interest lied.

As the other posts above me brought up, it would be nice if they paid more service to Final Fight 2 and especially 3 as it's great.

Ok, I got you.

Yes, Final Fight 3, within the context of a console belt scroller, is great. I also enjoy 2, despite it's relatively plain nature.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Cool, I think we're on the same page especially in order on coolness of the games.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
This was my favorite SNES game for a long time. Played through it dozens of times.
Final Fight is one of the best games ever and this is a very playable port.