NES/Famicom StarWars - your opinions?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
It is fucking hot here atm, so I decided yesterday to play some NES before being so tired I'll just fall into bed no matter what.

Browsing through the games on my N8 I found "Star Wars". I remembered playing this a bit, but couldn't quite remember how intensively or how far I got so I gave it a shot.

The "cut scenes" are well done imho and I wouldn't say it is a bad game per se - but what really killed the fun in the about 60 mins I played yesterday was "loosing health when falling down".
This fact, paired with obscure jumps into nothingness really made a bad impression.

What are your opinions on the game or perhaps someone completed it and can tell a bit (ideally non-game spoiling) how the platforming continues and where the strengths and weaknesses of this are.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The Darth Vader transformations in the Famicom version alone make this game worth playing.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Why did you put "NES/Famicom"? The Star Wars game (not Empire Strikes Back) has two completely different versions on NES and Famicom.

I assume the OP is talking about the NES Star Wars game by JVC. It's definitely not bad, just tough. I always liked the Game Boy version.

The Famicom version by Namco is nowhere near as good I find. It's not really bad, but not as good as the one by JVC.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Why did you put "NES/Famicom"? The Star Wars game (not Empire Strikes Back) has two completely different versions on NES and Famicom.

I assume the OP is talking about the NES Star Wars game by JVC. It's definitely not bad, just tough. I always liked the Game Boy version.

The Famicom version by Namco is nowhere near as good I find. It's not really bad, but not as good as the one by JVC.

Thank you for the hint - I had absolutely no clue about that

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
The Darth Vader transformations in the Famicom version alone make this game worth playing.

Oh jeez I'm getting flashbacks to my childhood. My old asian neighbor had a famicom and I used to play this shitty game all the time. Doesn't Darth Vader like turn into a scorpion or something?