20 Year Member
Hi guys,

Is this an original Japanese PCB?

View attachment 37774

This is a boot and this is what mine looks like
147130DSCN2394_zpsa2f8956c.jpg

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Are you sure it's a boot and not a Korean PCB? Does yours say Banpresto on the PCB?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
It's a Korean pcb, not a boot. Oddly enough in this case the korean pcb is better than the JP one...the JP one is a complete ugly mess.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
So mainman's is Korean and the one I posted is Japanese?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
EDIT: Yeah Korean Guardians boards are often erroneously labeled as bootlegs.

My Guardians board is similar to OP's, however, this one contains banpresto labeled roms soldered to the board.

Not that these details (or a lack thereof) point toward or away from legitimacy. There seems to be some variation amongst these Korean boards.

mwCEDIf.jpg

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
replied to your thread pasky. This has been figured out.

Nah just more mis-information. I suspect the issue with Guardians is that those both the world and asian revisions sync signal is drawing in the VBLANK area and causing the devices like PVM's and Tri-sync's to freak out.

Getting an external extron device and moving the V-position of the signal fixes it.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Nah just more mis-information. I suspect the issue with Guardians is that those both the world and asian revisions sync signal is drawing in the VBLANK area and causing the devices like PVM's and Tri-sync's to freak out.

Getting an external extron device and moving the V-position of the signal fixes it.

Hey Pasky. That's interesting, thanks for sharing.

Out of curiousity, which chassis is in your Blast City? 2930 or 2931?