Best options for a Saturn/DC/Naomi Everdrive solution?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Hi Gang,
which are the best solutions for Saturn and DC/Naomi Everdrive solutions?
I have a possibility to play backups in case my originals break some time - but having all these CDs around is tedious to me, are there good everdrive solutions?
(I did use google and the search function, but while I found very good solutions for NES/SNES, etc. the CD based consoles seem to be explored only recently)

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hi Gang,
which are the best solutions for Saturn and DC/Naomi Everdrive solutions?
I have a possibility to play backups in case my originals break some time - but having all these CDs around is tedious to me, are there good everdrive solutions?
(I did use google and the search function, but while I found very good solutions for NES/SNES, etc. the CD based consoles seem to be explored only recently)

No idea about Saturn, but DC has a USB loader that a lot of people have been using these days. For Naomi, Net Booting with the Raspberry Pi is probably your best bet right now.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The Rhea is currently the only thing for the Saturn AFAIK. There's also a NAOMI CF solution, but a netboot setup seems to be the more popular choice these days.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
The Rhea is currently the only thing for the Saturn AFAIK. There's also a NAOMI CF solution, but a netboot setup seems to be the more popular choice these days.

Only complaint I have with my netboot setup is that I have to reimage the SD card every few uses. Seems to become corrupt easily. Not sure why...

Otherwise, there's a person who's done a proof of concept of playing Saturn games via a custom card the VCD port that reads from USB, but unfortunately, no idea on when that may show up

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Dreamcast has the GDEmu (which I have and can attest to.)

Limited production runs make it difficult to obtain unfortunately.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Only complaint I have with my netboot setup is that I have to reimage the SD card every few uses. Seems to become corrupt easily. Not sure why...

Otherwise, there's a person who's done a proof of concept of playing Saturn games via a custom card the VCD port that reads from USB, but unfortunately, no idea on when that may show up

I've had a netboot setup for almost two years and I've never had to rewrite an SD card. Something is wrong with your setup.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I can also vouch for the GDEmu. It's an easy and affordable mod. Just make sure your DC has a VA1 motherboard. The guy behind the GDEmu also creates the Rhea/Phoebe for the Saturn. I don't own either one, but I've read they're just as effective at the GDEmu.