IGS PGM consolized

Cyberdemon

n00b
Hi guys,
I have a IGS PGM and I want to consolize it. Anyone can help me? Some kind of tutorial, guide or something?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Make/buy a supergun.

I second this advice. Having an SG is the best solution for this. However if you still want to consolize the PGM, basically it's the same as consolizing any board: you get an encoder (from my experience the neobitz is the best one), connect it to RGBS signals, connect the mono audio to the 1k/10k resistors (to disable audio amplification) and wire the controller ports. An on/off switch is also a nice touch :).

Regards.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Third the supergun advice. No reason not to, you'll get to play multiple boards that way, otherwise you're limited just to PGM.

Cyberdemon

n00b
I have all my boards consolized so no need to use a supergun and I only want to consolize the last one, my PGM... any suggestion to do a 5v Mod? or any other thing that may be specific for this board?
Regards,

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I looked into doing this awhile back. From what I found, the mobo is rather picky and tends to malfunction over time when consolized. That's why most of the hardware / tech guys won't offer the service.

nam9

Zero's Secretary
Not sure if you can just drop +12v. Looks like more than just the audio amp makes use of it.
I was looking into a 12v to 5v DC-DC converter for the task. There are tons on eBay for dirt cheap...
cpt-converter-dc-dc-12v-5v-3a-15w.jpg
Only reviews I've seen mention interference (mostly in car audio applications), but other people seem perfectly happy with them.
Wouldn't expect much for the price - sure they are cheap for a reason, but could be a solution?

Anyone else have experience with these things? Or better 12v step down converters in general?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Anyone else have experience with these things? Or better 12v step down converters in general?

I used this one when consolizing my MVS: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331591953447?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It is regulable, so you can choose the output voltage. I tested it with several power sources, they all work fine, no matter the input voltage, the output is 5V sharp. They work up to 5A, which is more than enough to power PGM/MVS 1 or 2 slot and other JAMMA boards. Very nice IMO.

Last edited:

mourix

n00b
You really want to go for a bare pcb module so you can be sure of the quality. Also go for 5A minimum, 8A+ recommendended as those Chinese ones are always less powerful than advertised.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I would suggest getting the 4 player harness in there if you have to consolize it. I gun cased one a LONG time ago and 4 players for the best em ups is cool to have. Looking back, It would have been cool to make them separateand have the 3/4 player setup be external.

Dscn5611_zps06bd5315.jpg

Last edited: