Who you going to vote for between Trump and Hillary?

Trump or Hillary?

• Trump

Votes: 72 53.3%
  • Hillary

Votes: 63 46.7%

• Total voters

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Can't I have a neither option?

I feel voting for either would be helping to make things worse, but even as that simpsons clip says, third parties would be throwing a vote away too. Shit like this makes me wish we had more than just 2 very viable parties so things were a bit different.9d5d40b79e18979c505de59e72f4a787a4696745b36d01eace62e8bc7a757384.jpg

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Voted for the wicked witch of the west wing over the sweet potato golem.

I'm not ready to accept that American politics is a B-tier reality show yet. I'd like to at least delude myself into thinking there's a modicum of dignity and self-respect left in this country before we throw it to the wolves... and while I understand that our republic is designed so that one orange narcissist can't destroy everything we've worked for in 4 years, voting for him is a tacit admission that you don't give a fuck and just want to watch the world burn. He's not a conservative, he's not an evangelical, he's not even really a Republican apart from the fact that he says he's one this week.

So yeah, Hillary is a crook and cold, calculating shrew but she's at least within the usual bell curve of political incompetence and corruption. Trump is like picking a down's syndrome kid first in the NFL draft. I mean yeah he has retard strength but that doesn't mean he's cut out to play in the NFL.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
If I have to be miserable then everyone should have to be miserable... Trump 2016.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Prob. Gary Johnson.... have to research him more thoroughly, I usually lean libertarian; but I have some reservations on him.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Voting for Clinton with no fucks given. Would take 4 more years of Obama in a heartbeat if I could.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
What's the reasoning behind the two terms maximum rule?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
What's the reasoning behind the two terms maximum rule?

To protect the US from becoming a functional monarchy. How many more times could FDR have been elected if not for his health problems? My only problem with term limits is that they don't extent to people in Congress, which I think is a big part of the problem in American politics.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
LWK! LWK! Whoa, whoa, whoa! Take it easy. So I was fuckin' my wife in her ass, right? And let me tell you, it was something else.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
To protect the US from becoming a functional monarchy. How many more times could FDR have been elected if not for his health problems? My only problem with term limits is that they don't extent to people in Congress, which I think is a big part of the problem in American politics.

What would be the term limits for Representatives and Senators?

I sort of think there should be at least some experienced politicians/experts involved in the Legislature, The Senate used to be this function back when they were appointed by the State rather than directly elected... though the amendment was made to battle what was considered corruption at that time.

However, I also agree that we have too many career politicians in congress that know fuck-all about real life or the actual issues they are voting on. Term limits would put a check on that. I almost think there should be a max set of terms in any political office.... meaning you can't just have someone start out as a state congressman, then upgrade to a representative then upgrade to senator then to president. Maybe cap the maximum years you can be an elected official to 8?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
What would be the term limits for Representatives and Senators? I sort of think there should be at least some experienced politicians/experts involved in the Legislature...

I really don't know, and don't want to pretend to be any kind of expert on such things. I think 2 4-year terms is reasonable for all elected officials. A 4-year election cycle could have the presidential election in year 1, one of the senators in year 2, representative in year 3, and the other senator in year 4. That way everyone isn't changing out at the same time.

I almost think there should be a max set of terms in any political office.... meaning you can't just have someone start out as a state congressman, then upgrade to a representative then upgrade to senator then to president. Maybe cap the maximum years you can be an elected official to 8?

This I don't agree with. This is how you solve the problem of having "experienced" folks in the higher echelons of government. Once someone's term limits at the state level run out, they can run for the house. When that runs out, they can run for the senate, and when that runs out they can run for President. Ideally, the cream rises to the top while everyone else has to go home and go back to their regular job. I say "ideally" because politics is still politics, and the well-connected would rise to the top. But ideally term limits along with mandated public campaign financing might help curb that. Of course we are instead moving in the opposite direction.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I really don't know, and don't want to pretend to be any kind of expert on such things. I think 2 4-year terms is reasonable for all elected officials. A 4-year election cycle could have the presidential election in year 1, one of the senators in year 2, representative in year 3, and the other senator in year 4. That way everyone isn't changing out at the same time.

This I don't agree with. This is how you solve the problem of having "experienced" folks in the higher echelons of government. Once someone's term limits at the state level run out, they can run for the house. When that runs out, they can run for the senate, and when that runs out they can run for President. Ideally, the cream rises to the top while everyone else has to go home and go back to their regular job. I say "ideally" because politics is still politics, and the well-connected would rise to the top. But ideally term limits along with mandated public campaign financing might help curb that. Of course we are instead moving in the opposite direction.

Yeah, I can't claim to be a political scientist either. That makes sense. It would be nice if we had actual good candidates.... we could use a Teddy Roosevelt. Instead... we've got Clinton, and Trump seems like he could be like Andrew Jackson :(

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
How do you Americans expect to be taken seriously by the rest of the world if you have a president like Trump? You guys will be the laughing stock of the planet.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
1-donald-trump-meme-get-in-pussy-making-america-great-again1.jpg

LOL