Raffle: King of Fighters 99 MVS

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Hello all!

I recently got a copy of this game with a CMVS, but already have it, so I figured why not let it go to someone who will get some fun out of it! If you want it, just reply to the thread with your name and I'll get you entered. Drawing for the winner will be 7/25, so get your entries in.

No leeches/market problem children! I'm happy to send overseas for the cost of shipping.

Good luck! :buttrock:

Edit: Please only enter if you plan to play this game. It's got a replacement label, so hopefully that will be enough to shoo off shelf queens.

1. Tung Fu ru
2. ResO
3. Kiel
4. JoeAwesome
5. xorthen
6. Neodogg
7. MuppeT
8. Montatez
9. Rocko
10. Xian Xi
11. Tanooki
12. nug
13. The_Chosen_One
14. BLEAGH
15. Gamefan
16. insaneben
17. Jarofmayo
18. AJtheMishima
19. ChuChu Flamingo
20. johhnnyD14

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
That is one that I don't currently have so yeah I'd love to be entered in this drawing!!!

I guess if you need my name you could go by either Tung fu ru, or Jason.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Just forum name will be fine. I'll get in touch with the winner to arrange shipping and stuff.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I raffled my copy off to Turbocro a few years back, so I don't have this game anymore. ;) but I'm not in need of it either, just came to give you a +1 for the goodwill twek.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Not adding my name either; but just want to add another +1 to what you are doing.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Not entering, I have 99 already.

Some random thoughts on 99 in no particular order.
The KOF that followed 98, well it's a tough act to follow. But there's some stuff to appreciate for sure. The storyline and atmosphere are really neat. A lot of stuff is happening and the good guys are basically just a step behind the whole time. The ending is really great as a setup for 00. OST is really cool with some darker/grungier tunes. Kyo's theme is AWESOME. Shingo's reaction to seeing Kyo is worth a laugh. Backgrounds are cool, and The Rain Stage is as cool as everyone says it is. Strikers are a bit primitive, you can't regain stocks and you can only call them when your character is neutral. Rollback system is strange since you dodge back, then forward, you're a sitting duck for a while UNLESS you cancel to a special or super during the dodge-back, tbh I don't think this works well since you can just sit where you are and let your opponent become vulnerable during the roll or the cancel (I think it's supposed to allow you to bait a pursuit then use DP or something when they try to attack??). Also, the artwork is great (a bit more "anime style" than "Shinkiro style), and the winquotes have some memorable lines. Ralf especially: "I can survive anything, even nukes!" Classic.

Oh yeah and unlocking Kyo and Iori without a UniBIOS... hope you and your friends have fun playing Random VS matches a whooooole lot :)

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Could def use a 99 so please add me

xorthen

Banned
How does this work? Is it like you throw a bunch of names in a baseball cap and pick one out? I guess I'm in since I haven't got a KOF 99.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
How does this work? Is it like you throw a bunch of names in a baseball cap and pick one out? I guess I'm in since I haven't got a KOF 99.

he can probably do that. they also have random generator programs online that can choose a winner as well.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

The way I do it is I assign everyone a number, put all the numbers into a random number generator and just have it pick one for me.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Bery nice of you Tw3ek, love me some rain stage, I'm game.

PM'd you my shipping addy.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Good stuff right here. I would like to join the raffle also. thanks

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I would like to throw my name in the hat if possible. If not still kewl drawing.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Good luck to everyone. I can vouch that it works even with the uggo replacement label. ;)

Good on ya, Tweek.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Very nice of you. I'd like to be considered. KOF of the late 90s I find was the most interesting and I do have 98 but not 99.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
This game was my first new Neo purchase as I got my cab in 98 and after falling in love with the KOF series it was impossible to not be super hyped about 99 pre-release. It definitely ws a title that I got my money's worth out of it back when and still use K' as my main today. I love the stage with the T-Rex.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
The way I do it is I assign everyone a number, put all the numbers into a random number generator and just have it pick one for me.

Pls... everyone knows Tw3eks mode of selecting the winner will have at least 3 games of mahjongg in it.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Pls... everyone knows Tw3eks mode of selecting the winner will have at least 3 games of mahjongg in it.

I love mahjong games. When I lived in Japan I got jealous of everyone enjoying these mahjong games, so I picked up a copy of Psykyo's Hot Gimmick and started watching tutorials. Now I'm on the quest of becoming a true Jong Master. :D