Garou: Mark of the Wolves coming to PS4 / Vita

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Damn, just tried my dualstrike-based joystick (which *should* be seen as a PS3 stick) and no luck...do you have to do anything in order to enable the USB joystick support on PS4?

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Really.? I have a Hori PS3 Real Arcade Pro and it works on the PS4. I just plugged the stick into the usb before launching the software, then I start the game and when MOTW starts up it says something like legacy controller detected and it just works

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
sucks to hear that online is bad on this port, I will still try to get my friends to buy it just so they can play it some and hopefully enjoy it. They like third strike some, so this might catch their attention.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
sucks to hear that online is bad on this port, I will still try to get my friends to buy it just so they can play it some and hopefully enjoy it. They like third strike some, so this might catch their attention.

Playing online has been hit or miss for me sometimes I get a decent connection (60ms latency match) but crappy connections (300ms latency match) are like playing with Matrix style bullet-time turned on. Of course when these matchup are suggested, I've been giving them the boot. Especially when some noob decides to pick Kane with that unplayable high latency in place. :blow_top:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
god, kain is so hard to play against in general, so good. So for the most part FC is still the way to play MOTW?
Did you end up confirming about the zero delay board?
HMU this week sometime if you wanna get some more Motw in, or some SvC

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I play the Aes cart above MVS difficulty setting all the time... is it me or this port has a LOT more input reading from the AI?

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
So for the most part FC is still the way to play MOTW?
At the moment, I've had better matchup with FC. Rumor has it there is an update in the works for net code fixes but I'm not holding my breath
Did you end up confirming about the zero delay board?
Haven't ordered it yet. I've been playing with a Dualshock4 on the PSTV, a SNES pad on SDL MAME and the Neo Geo X USB stick or TvC stick with USB adapter on FC.
HMU this week sometime if you wanna get some more Motw in, or some SvC
Will do!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Playing online has been hit or miss for me sometimes I get a decent connection (60ms latency match) but crappy connections (300ms latency match) are like playing with Matrix style bullet-time turned on. Of course when these matchup are suggested, I've been giving them the boot. Especially when some noob decides to pick Kane with that unplayable high latency in place. :blow_top:

I've been giving the boot to anyone over 100m/s. I played someone at 125m/s for shits and giggles and they ran for the hills when they realized how shitty it plays at that connection speed.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I fired this up on the PS4 for the first time tonight. I was messing around in the practice mode. I did Dong Whan's P-power move (the triple-fireball one). Halfway through the super the graphics got garbled for a split-second, and I got this:

IMG_3573.JPG

Wasn't expecting that. Does this also happen on real hardware?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So would I be correct in saying that it is an accurate port? :keke:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Played some matches. They got rid of the extra input delay so it plays like the arcade now offline. I had a couple matches under 100m/s online and they played better then fightcade. I tried one at 180m/s and it slowed the game speed down so I didn't bother. I'm guessing the same rules apply that keeping it under 100m/s is for the best but didn't get enough matches to test ping in between.

Update: Played a little more below 70 seems to be the sweet spot. It plays like offline. I had a few matches around 80-100 and they felt like 4 frames of lag. Not bad but noticeable. Then I tried 150 a couple of times and they slowed down the game speed. It's sorta playable, but you really need to be comfortable slowing your command motions down to play on it. So I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's great news, I play very little of this game but I'll get it soon for some games, let's du it!

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Great news, thanks for the heads up k'_127! The DotEmu version was pretty shitty.