Garou: Mark of the Wolves coming to PS4 / Vita

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm sure SNK knows our preference to GGPO style netcode, but I think the problem is they live in Japan. I watched streams of people from Japan and Korea playing '02UM on PC and the ping was always under 80m/s with most in the 60-70m/s range. With the best connections I have I can barely get a match under 120m/s. It's just night and day with what they have compared to what we have. If the connection is perfect then whatever netcode feels perfect. Fuck they could re-release CVS2 with the same netcode there and it would probably play great.

This is the truth. Japan's internet is good enough where they can throw whatever the hell net code they want on something and it'll work. SFIIX with matching service probably played great on the dreamcast modem back in 2000 lol. Most net code works great at 60m/s, it's how net code handles bad connections that really matters.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
It's probably business as usual and this'll be a port of the xbla version, but we'll see snk isn't quite the same company anymore.... It really does break my shit that there isn't just a decent wrapper that snk has that they roll out for every console and includes the whole neo library...

fck then they'd only have to go through all the hassle of licensing/certification/updates once instead of supporting wonky ports and drip feeding fans a couple of games spread over various systems every few years...

If they wanted to get fancy with it they could include galleries/sound archives/interviews a bit like they did with that ps2 arcade classics (yes which only ever got 1 volume ffs).

Last edited:

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
It's probably business as usual and this'll be a port of the xbla version, but we'll see snk isn't quite the same company anymore.... It really does break my shit that there isn't just a decent wrapper that snk has that they roll out for every console and includes the whole neo library...

fck then they'd only have to go through all the hassle of licensing/certification/updates once instead of supporting wonky ports and drip feeding fans a couple of games spread over various systems every few years...

If they wanted to get fancy with it they could include galleries/sound archives/interviews a bit like they did with that ps2 arcade classics (yes which only ever got 1 volume ffs).

Last Blade 2 did just that on PS4, the arcade classics runs like shit

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Pretty dope. I admit my interest in fighters in general has been re-kindled. I'll have to pick it up for PS4. But I've been out of the loop on fighters since the DC days. Someone school me: Can you use PS3 wireless/wired sticks on the PS4?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
It depends if the developer throws in the code to allow this. It was developed by the creator of Skullgirls (Mike Z) and he made it available for everyone to use, but it has to be worked in. PS3 sticks don't natively work on PS4.

I don't think you can use wireless as for wired it depends on the stick. I remember someone making a list of what works and what doesn't, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
I really hope the online play is stable. That's the main reason I would buy another copy of MOTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Nice, I knew there was a reason to keep my vita. all this talk about netcode though. I hope the online is good.

snkjoe

New Challenger
I hope the net game play doest suck and be lagy as hell but happy it coming out in a way ��

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Internet speed is not really the issue. The main issue from my understanding is ping for these games that rely on quick input/reactions. FPS and driving games have an element of predictability built into them to make things look normal and smooth things out. But hey, what do I know. Just wish SNK had a huge hit and could afford the talent that CoD has these days.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I think you're partially right. The main problem isn't the speed per say. It's the stability of the connection. SNK games flake out when the connections are all over the place, but play pretty well when stable. The bigger problem arises when SNK tries to fix said problem making it even worse. At least this is going by the old Playmore days.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Someone just needs to make a modem cart for the original AES, or MVS, and get it done with so we can forget all these horrible ports on newer systems, and re-buying the same old games all over again. If they can get this working on an Emulator, they should be able to whip up something on the AES or MVS, and make a really neat model cart that allows other carts to plug into it and play online. Just my thoughts. I already own enough Garou carts on the MVS and AES to play with.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Or someone could just make a version of fightcade that runs native on Skycurser's Airframe or a similar Jamma board. Plug and play fightcade on your arcade cab in the proper resolution and everything. All you'd need is a new GUI and some proper optimization / testing to make sure all your emulation is working right and at the right resolutions for arcade monitors.

Snakealpha

n00b
Man, I want to play GMOW on my Vita...does anybody know how stable is Last Blade 2 online? It is worthy? I want it but paying 15 euros...dammit SNK...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
It is worthy?
740274f9a5896ae415e8caecc4a964e7.jpg

Snakealpha

n00b
hehehe lol

No, seriouslly, how is the netcode of the PSVita version? Does it have cross play or its just PsVita vs PsVita

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
As far as I know it has cross play since when I bought the PS4 version I also got the PSVita version. I played a couple online and it's only okay. If you played the other titles Code Mystics did (KOF '98UM & 02UM on PC) it plays close to that. Meaning playing someone overseas is a bit of a stretch.

Snakealpha

n00b
Okey, Thanks

I want to buy the game (mainly to play the game at metro going to the job) but I dont want to spend 15 euros right now...I will wait for a discount or something

I want that NA Store discount..

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I'm just worried how the input lag is gonna be. I just bought the Metal Slug Anthology since it was on sale, and the lag was garbage. Metal Slug on MVS through a framemeister however was completely playable.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I'm just worried how the input lag is gonna be. I just bought the Metal Slug Anthology since it was on sale, and the lag was garbage. Metal Slug on MVS through a framemeister however was completely playable.

The anthology was shit on ps2 in the first place. Laggy ports. LB2 Ps4 plays fabulously (input lag wise, netcode well...) so we should be receiving at least that level of care thanks to Code Monkeys involvement again.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The anthology was shit on ps2 in the first place. Laggy ports. LB2 Ps4 plays fabulously (input lag wise, netcode well...) so we should be receiving at least that level of care thanks to Code Monkeys involvement again.

That's good news to hear. I wasn't very impressed with the PS2 to PS4 ports of kof2000 and metal slug anthology. I was worried that the PS4 version of Garou would simply be a tweeked port of the PS2 version and wouldn't receive the same treatment that Last Blade 2 was given.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Rough guess would this is going to be a tweaked port of the 360 version which plays well IMO.