Stranger Things - Netflix Series

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think I'd be interesting that each season is a different story line. Kinda like creepshow but each story is a season long.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think I'd be interesting that each season is a different story line. Kinda like creepshow but each story is a season long.

That's what I would like to see. Individual stories set int he same timeline, but with different people. Even the occasional bleed over character would be ok. I'm not overly interested in watching those kids become listless, douchebag 1990's teens like many of us were.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Way late to the party but just binge watched the whole thing in two days. Don't know if they plan a second season but I wish they would not have left any strings dangling the way they did.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Second season is in the works so much like the rest of us, you can wait impatiently.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I loved it, the music was excellent. Looking forward to a second season!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It definitely ended with everyone wanting more.
I'm just not sure how it will capture the wonderment with the same cast and setting.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Definitely looking forward to the second season.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It definitely ended with everyone wanting more.
I'm just not sure how it will capture the wonderment with the same cast and setting.

You can watch The Mist, Shadowzone, and the other movies that ST lifted its story from.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The Mist is fantastic. Darabont at his most bleak.

Shipwreck_00

Armored Scrum Object
The whole show from top to bottom is fantastic. So many throw backs to the classics yet still has it's own compelling story.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Well netflik just release another trailer for season two.I can't wait for this just another four months away until it airs :help:

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Loved Session 1 and having watched the trailer for Season 2 I'm sure I'm going love that too!

Can't wait :D

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
By season 5, they will be haning out at a pizza shop playing Samurai Shodown.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Bumping this thread for season 2 :buttrock:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play Dig Dug.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I enjoyed the first season for what it was but I just couldn't get into it. watched 1st episode of the second season and it's alright. just feels way too airy, don't understand the hype. sorry, no hate here, will watch the rest and reconvene

edit: if you want to get your 80s rox off - go watch Glow.most fun show since Orange is the New Black and The IT Crowd

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My wife and I ripped through season 2 by last night...it's worth the watch.

Like anything else, the show is no masterpiece...and I definitely dislike one absurd plot point in this new season, but it doesn't make it a waste of time.

One thing that I really appreciate is the extreme attention to detail...so many small period pieces all over the place, especially with food items. I wonder where they got all of those items, like fast food cups, food wrappers, etc.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
A also watched the whole season yesterday, and I really enjoyed it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My wife and I ripped through season 2 by last night...it's worth the watch.

Like anything else, the show is no masterpiece...and I definitely dislike one absurd plot point in this new season, but it doesn't make it a waste of time.

One thing that I really appreciate is the extreme attention to detail...so many small period pieces all over the place, especially with food items. I wonder where they got all of those items, like fast food cups, food wrappers, etc.

I think they were printed for the movie, and that in the case of the wrappers you could potentially make your own three musketeers candy bar of sub-snickers inferiority. The arcade scene in the first ep was something that many of us experienced - how retrospectively horrible it was to play Dragon's Lair. You thought initially "wow, looks great" (because we weren't talking about graphics until after the Genesis/TG16 came out), and then came the inevitable "what a waste of money! I can't believe I spent that!" I am still angry about it, and episode 1 only brought back that feeling of being gypped.

The worst part of the show was the ghostbusters costumes were 2017 level awesome, and definitely not 1984 level "will probably cause cancer" like the red voltron lion (hello, I think I pinpointed all my problems in life with one toy). Even the plastic masks that appear with the hooligans were at a higher level, though the carebears one was a nice touch.

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-11-13/news/mn-25324_1_voltron-lion-toys

damn I'm good.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Im gonna give season 2 a thumbs up i could not stop watching it!

Your not kidding, I used to be in the vintage computer hobby and when _____ was using the computer at _____ I was like thats IBM Buckling spring sounds! (pans out) sure enough they are using a period correct buckling spring terminal keyboard and IBM terminal monitors. That at least was one thing that stood out the most to me lol.

Though has anyone noticed the Dig Dug Cabinet isnt using a CRT ;P

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Thought season 2 was decent overall, but would have preferred eight episodes instead of nine. The episode with 008 was boring and unnecessary...