Stranger Things - Netflix Series

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Watched the first episode today. Really digging the retro vibes :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I want this in movie form. I want a tighter knit story. I'm worried pacing is going to go to shit over the season(s). I'll still give it a shoot, but seriously, Netflix, a few original movies not starring Adam Sandler would be nice.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I want this in movie form. I want a tighter knit story. I'm worried pacing is going to go to shit over the season(s). I'll still give it a shoot, but seriously, Netflix, a few original movies not starring Adam Sandler would be nice.

im on ep 4 now. its pretty great.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Enjoyed the hell out of it.

Ended sooner than I thought.

Soundtrack is amazing. By a couple guys who have a synth band called Survive.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Right. I felt the same about Hemlock Grove - went on a bit too much and got too weird for itself. Would've been better as a 3-hr movie.

...and yes. That Sandler / Spade movie was unwatchably bad.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Watching the fuck out of this show. Probably will wrap it up tonight or tomorrow. After the first two or three episodes, things get pretty interesting. So far I feel that the pacing is working fine.

Great show so far.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
This is on my list as I've only heard good things about it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

It's already in movie form. Look for Goonies and ET.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Enjoyed the hell out of it.

Ended sooner than I thought.

Soundtrack is amazing. By a couple guys who have a synth band called Survive.

I was just commenting how much I love the soundtrack. I'll have to check out some of their other stuff.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
This show is dope. I love the title sequence and synth soundtrack. Perfect love letter to the 80's aesthetic and narrative.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
people are saying its heavily lovecraftian gonna watch it soon glad to hear more positive things

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
+1 for this show.

it's really so good. i've been trying to just watch one episode every dew days or so as I don't want it to end..

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
people are saying its heavily lovecraftian gonna watch it soon glad to hear more positive things

Those people don't understand "Lovecraftian". Everything about it is 80's thriller/horror. It's not mid century evil gods mythos.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Just finished the season last night. Fucking great show all the way through IMO. The second half really picks things up and gets very interesting. I'm sure many haven't seen all of the show yet, so I won't spoil anything. Except to say it's awesome and most people on this site should check it out, I think most here would love it.

I kinda like that the season was only eight episodes. I definitely will watch this another time or two.

Possible spoiler:

Spoiler:
If there is second season (which I assume there will be), it better be around October or something. Waiting too long, especially with young actors in the show, would kinda ruin it for me. And I really don't want to wait another year.:D

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Loved it...my wife and I finished it in a few, 2-episode/night sessions. I can't complain at all. It's not perfect but what is. I cannot express how much I hope more stuff like this comes out.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Great show, feels like Akira meets Goonies meets Twin Peaks. They draw from a lot of classics, but this show retains its own originality.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I saw all 8 episodes and it was great! The music in the show is awesome and really fits well with what going on.

I also a big dose of nostalgia for those who were kids in those years.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finished it yesterday. Loved it.

Hit all the nostalgia feels, also fairly heart felt and pretty solid acting from everyone plus a killer soundtrack. People keep saying Goonies meets blank other 80s movies but I really get a Silent Hill vibe more than anything.

Great show overall.

Netflix is killing it.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Great show, feels like Akira meets Goonies meets Twin Peaks. They draw from a lot of classics, but this show retains its own originality.
Akira i don't see it.011 character seems to be more in line with steven king,firestarter if you ever read the novel or watched the movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjF674gZQps
The rest does remind me of the likes of twin peaks and the goonies.Beside stranger things,80's synth which does remind me of a john carpenter movie.Good stuff all around for this series :D