Stranger Things - Netflix Series

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Just finished Season 2. I agree with Taiso's review except I didn't mind the episode 7 detour quite as much.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just finished Season 2. I agree with Taiso's review except I didn't mind the episode 7 detour quite as much.

Yea, me either. I mean Season 2 starts with the hit squad robbing that bank. So at some point in Season 2, you kind of want to know what that's all about. I guess it was more out of place than anything else, especially after a great episode 6.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah but mohawk’s forehead tattoo “damaged” is a real throwback to 2016 falloutboy Jared Leto joker.

The people behind 2 weren’t aware how incredibly different 1984 was to 1986, and how by 1989, everything was in living color. And so the Chicago hit squad just seemed anachronistic like Earthquake in Samurai Shodown, but less cool and funky.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Yeah but mohawk’s forehead tattoo “damaged” is a real throwback to 2016 falloutboy Jared Leto joker.

The people behind 2 weren’t aware how incredibly different 1984 was to 1986, and how by 1989, everything was in living color. And so the Chicago hit squad just seemed anachronistic like Earthquake in Samurai Shodown, but less cool and funky.

that punk I thought was awesome simply because he was evidently pulled out of SORII or some Konami arcade beat em up
I don't have much love for the series, but I liked how they played with that, even taking into consideration what you say here

edit:

crimefighters-06.png
696391-streets-of-rage-2-windows-screenshot-boss-fight.jpg

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

This is mostly WAY off topic...but I tend to think of decades in half sections. Like you said, 1976-1985 was far more similar than 1981 was to 1989. Looking at it that way, that same thing applies to 1986-1995.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I was also laughing when Eleven was walking down the alley in that shitty S02E07 and people were taunting her and leering at her.

I was expecting Mike Haggar to jump down and start caving in their heads with a lead pipe.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Finally got around to watching season 2 on the weekend. I can’t really fault it. I guess if I looked deep into it it has its flaws here and there but they don’t matter because the show, characters and nostalgia is just so kick ass!

I am really looking forward to Season 3. And fingers crossed for a Stern pinball!

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yep, I enjoyed it massively myself. I hardly binge watch shows, but this one keeps me coming back. “Just one more episode!”

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yep, I enjoyed it massively myself. I hardly binge watch shows, but this one keeps me coming back. “Just one more episode!”

I only Binge Watch. I can't watch these shows any other way.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I finished season 2 on the weekend. I felt pretty much the same as I did with season 1, good fun but I don't get the hype. I mostly enjoyed it, but the constant 80s references felt forced, it started to become distracting. I see there is a lot of hate for episode 7, but I didn't mind it at all. Steve was definitely the best part of this season. He's like a new Ash Williams.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Went to a comic con yesterday and a few of the Stranger Things cast were there meeting fans. The line to meet Dustin was ridiculously long so we passed. Lucas had a reasonable length line, so my kids were able to wait a bit and meet him. Really nice kid. Madmax had almost no line... which was a little sad. Sean Astin had a long line as well, but his line wasn't the teenage Stranger Things fans, obviously.

The kids were charging $40 to take a selfie or to get an autograph, and Dustin/Lucas each had a steady line of fans all day. They probably make more from comic con appearances than they make from the show.