Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm on the hype train. I'll probably pick one up. This is a perfect little console for my work travels.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Getting one of these will be a pain in the dick.

Fuck 2016.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'm also on the fence. It's cool, but I don't really want/need one... Well, not right now, but fuck me if I sleep on this and they turn out to be awesome, cause you know they'll be under-produced, sell out in a blink, and go for 3X to 6X the price on eBay for pretty much forever after the fact.

Fucking hate the collectards, but, sadly, their buying habits spur all of us to sort of become one.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm going with a preorder.

I remember picking up my two copies of Super Mario All Stars Wii.

They were already sold through by the time I picked my copy up.

Some soccer mom tried to offer me $80 for my second copy.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Perfect price point for this, these will sell like hotcakes.

I'd love to see an official wireless controller for it, though that seems unlikely.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Last i checked, those Wiimote accessory ports are just fancy USB ports. If it really were a Wii, there'd probably be some sort of Bluetooth bridge involved and virtual Wiimotes, seeing how there's no way to use Wiimote accessories without the Wiimote. Or you know, Nintendo just recycled the accessory connectors and nothing else from the Wii...
They're I2C, according to WiiBrew, which should make them dead-simple to attach to just about anything ever.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm going with a preorder.

I remember picking up my two copies of Super Mario All Stars Wii.

They were already sold through by the time I picked my copy up.

Some soccer mom tried to offer me $80 for my second copy.

You should have asked her: "is there a Mr. Soccer Mom, Ms. Soccer Mom?" :keke:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
My reaction to this is 'meh'... looks like the cartridge slot is decorative and the only games you get are what's on the rom. That, and the controller slots look like a new design, so the old controllers won't work either.

My dream NES console would have HDMI output and the original cart slot and controller slots with 100% hardware compatibility and no on-board emulation. Either that, or no cart slot and all games pre-loaded.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
So... what we are looking at is something that looks like an old toaster nes that is small and plays a bunch of emulated games which are output at HDMI? Either I didn't understand what it does or I'm really not very impressed :)

Tech&Music

Another Striker
That, and the controller slots look like a new design, so the old controllers won't work either.

The controller ports are the same as the ones for the Nunchuck/Wii Pro Controller.

my dream NES console would have HDMI output and the original cart slot and controller slots with 100% hardware compatibility and no on-board emulation. Either that, or no cart slot and all games pre-loaded.

$800 will get you that :keke:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't get the hype.

Plenty of plug n play shit these past years but this is special because...it looks like a small NES

You'll buy it, you'll play it for half an hour, you'll forget it

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is about the same enthusiasm people had for the neo geo X before it actually came out and everyone shit on it.
I expect the same to happen here.

No wifi
Wired controllers.

Be better off with an Ouya at this point.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
If this doesn't end up like a atgames console i may buy one just for novelty sake.Still what's the deal with contra not being on it !? Nintendo,seems to have a problem dealing with konami over it's license.To date it's not even on the virtual console still.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I don't get the hype.

Plenty of plug n play shit these past years but this is special because...it looks like a small NES

I'll buy it, probably never even open the damn package, stick it down in my storage and forget about it. TBH.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I don't get the hype.

Yea, your probably right, but I'm not going to shit on this yet since it is being made by Nintendo. Could be cool to bring over a friends house and get fucked up while playing Punch out or whatever. It's small, powers through a usb, has hdmi, 30 built in games, and costs $70. It can't be worse than some other clone garbage systems I purchased in the past. The Wii VC Nes games look pretty nice on my lcd and plasma. If you could give me that VC quality in a small system that I could move around easily without bringing cables, upscalers, power bricks, etc I'm in.

xorthen

Banned
No point in buying this unless you don't have any of the originals. So it's just emulation right, right?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yea, your probably right, but I'm not going to shit on this yet since it is being made by Nintendo. Could be cool to bring over a friends house and get fucked up while playing Punch out or whatever. It's small, powers through a usb, has hdmi, 30 built in games, and costs $70. It can't be worse than some other clone garbage systems I purchased in the past. The Wii VC Nes games look pretty nice on my lcd and plasma. If you could give me that VC quality in a small system that I could move around easily without bringing cables, upscalers, power bricks, etc I'm in.

$70 or $60?

Either way it shouldn't be anymore than $30.