Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
No surprise they love to make up stuff that has a decent chance of being true so they can be like that jerk on a news story who rapidly types 'first' before anyone else can comment.

They were fairly accurate on the rumor stuff they did on the Switch.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I know, but they're hit and miss like any other site. I don't like giving rumors any credit until there's some truth to be dug up behind it that can be verified.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Eurogamer is reporting that Nintendo is following up the NESc with a SNES version set to come out later this year.

...and no one was surprised.

If true, the discontinuation of the NES Classic is a non-issue. Once the SNES Mini gets hacked, it'll be able to run way more than the NES one can.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
If true, the discontinuation of the NES Classic is a non-issue. Once the SNES Mini gets hacked, it'll be able to run way more than the NES one can.

It's probably got the same board in it, in a different shell. I really don't think the big N gives two shits about the hacking. If they were smart they'd put only first party games on it, saving a ton of money on licensing fees, and let the hackers add the rest.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
if the snes mini is true, then it debunks the theory that the NES mini was cancelled to promote the upcoming Switch Virtual Console.

I normally don't care about Nintendo's short supply tactics because supply inevitably catches up. This one is just baffling.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Word is Best Buy will have these tomorrow.

Yup, got an email about it today.

w4iNrnQ.png

Maybe I'll finally be able grab one tomorrow for my niece.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Someone get one for bonuskun.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So I got up today at 8:45 am and took a drive to a local best buy with the intentions of buying 2 mini's, one for me and one for bonuskun. Got there around 9:30 and there was no line, just a few dudes hanging out in the parking lot talking. Walked to the front of the store at about 9:55 thinking I'm all good. Employee outside smoking says are you here to buy the nes classic? I said yes. He said, we handed out 15 tickets at 8am to people who were waiting in line, they are all sold out.

In the back of my mind, I thought maybe this employee is just fucking with me. So I waited until the store opened, walked in and sure enough a bunch of dudes walked in the store a little bit afterwards with the tickets in their hands. They only sold one to each person. Sorry BK, I tried man. No way was I losing sleep over one of these.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I'm surprised how low can be the supply in the States, considering the actual demand of it...

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Again this thread conures up images of a huge warehouse full of these things. Stacks of them, going on for miles. Guarded by one lonely nintendo employee, and everything slowly being coated in dust.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
My wife went to the pet store near best buy and saw a bunch of people waiting outside in line this morning about 10 min before the store opened. She already knew what it was about from the news, so I guess the thirst is beyond real now if the damn news is reporting on it.

Anyways,
She saw an employee come out and say a few things and the entire line of people dispersed with unhappy looks on their faces. Line was predominately made of up adult male neckbeards and a slight peppering of obese mothers pushing strollers.

I always had a feeling these moms were in on the flip.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
My wife went to the pet store near best buy and saw a bunch of people waiting outside in line this morning about 10 min before the store opened. She already knew what it was about from the news, so I guess the thirst is beyond real now if the damn news is reporting on it.

Anyways,
She saw an employee come out and say a few things and the entire line of people dispersed with unhappy looks on their faces. Line was predominately made of up adult male neckbeards and a slight peppering of obese mothers pushing strollers.

I always had a feeling these moms were in on the flip.

Dude, this is exactly what I saw bro. A few white trash mom's and and a bunch of mouth breathers in their 30-40's. Can't believe these old ass dudes would stand in line at 6am on a Monday morning for a Nes Classic. Probably still living in their parents basement. Should have taken a picture.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So I got up today at 8:45 am and took a drive to a local best buy with the intentions of buying 2 mini's, one for me and one for bonuskun. Got there around 9:30 and there was no line, just a few dudes hanging out in the parking lot talking. Walked to the front of the store at about 9:55 thinking I'm all good. Employee outside smoking says are you here to buy the nes classic? I said yes. He said, we handed out 15 tickets at 8am to people who were waiting in line, they are all sold out.

In the back of my mind, I thought maybe this employee is just fucking with me. So I waited until the store opened, walked in and sure enough a bunch of dudes walked in the store a little bit afterwards with the tickets in their hands. They only sold one to each person. Sorry BK, I tried man. No way was I losing sleep over one of these.

I am so fucking glad I don't care about video games anymore.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm surprised how low can be the supply in the States, considering the actual demand of it...

Rui, It's a Nintendo Thing bro. It's a strategy they use and it works. This usually never happens when Microsoft or Sony release a product. On the way back from Best Buy I swung by Toys R Us to see if maybe they would have some Mini's but not only did they not have Mini's, but no Switch or 3ds in stock either. I wasn't surprised.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I am so fucking glad I don't care about video games anymore.

I'm in the same boat bro. I really don't care as much anymore either but figured since I was off from work today and BB is only a few miles away, why not try and see if I could score one or two for me and a ng member but no luck. No way was getting up at 5 am to wait in line at BB.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

LOL, same thing at my local BB. Got there just before it opened and was greeted by the palest assortment of Floridian flab I have ever seen. I'm surprised such people can survive 15 minutes in the sun. Thankfully it's only 2 miles from my house so I didn't waste much time. Was hoping to find an extra controller but all they had were off-brand ones.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
You guys need to stop judging - I need a Classic NES to flip so I can fund the design/creation of my costume to the next comic con. My costume has to be unbelievable. It has to be. How else am I going to meet Jessica Nigri? If you guys have a better idea I'd love to hear it.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
LOL, same thing at my local BB. Got there just before it opened and was greeted by the palest assortment of Floridian flab I have ever seen. I'm surprised such people can survive 15 minutes in the sun. Thankfully it's only 2 miles from my house so I didn't waste much time. Was hoping to find an extra controller but all they had were off-brand ones.

Fucking Floridian hambeasts...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You guys need to stop judging - I need a Classic NES to flip so I can fund the design/creation of my costume to the next comic con. My costume has to be unbelievable. It has to be. How else am I going to meet Jessica Nigri? If you guys have a better idea I'd love to hear it.

Just wait a few years when her skins start to stretch out from all that augmentation. Everyone will move on to the other videogame cam girls, and there wont be a line anymore.