Thread: Metal Slug 1 MVS - 512Y CHA board?

Hardened Shock Trooper

Metal Slug 1 MVS - 512Y CHA board?

Hi everyone,

I've got a Metal Slug board that has a different CHA board than I've seen in any scans or read about anywhere.The chips, boards, label, case, etc. all seem legit to me though. Anyone know what's up with this? Could someone have taken this board from another game (maybe MS2, KOF97) or did some official boards use this as well?

Here is a link to an imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/HdedD

Also, this my first post here (and Metal Slug is my first game). Apologies if I've run afoul of any rules. These forums are very helpful and I want to do my best to keep them that way.

Thanks

B. Jenet's Firstmate

I truly have no idea and im new to the scene, with that disclaimer said here is my guess. What interests me is the label, I would wager it might have been bought from an official source(originally) because of the serial number being removed also the board looks clean to me. Again I don't know shit

Edit: Actually I dont know about that second board. Why is it from 1997 when the game is from 1994?
    Last edited by Day_Man; 07-14-2016 at 12:08 AM.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Holo label means it was one of the last produced. It's an SNK re-print of the game based on the board used / copyright date. Factory soldered + Toshiba mask ROMs with correct NGH number = legit. Please scan the boards back and front using a printer and submit to mvs-scans.com
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

H = Heinously
    M = Massive
    G = Gonad

It's just another weird SNK abnormality. It's entirely possible they kept printing MS1 on MVS well into 1997, it was extremely popular.

SHOCKbox Developer
    It's not unusual.I've seen it before. As long as your mask roms are official,you're pretty much good to go.
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

New Challenger

I recently purchased a Metal Slug MVS that looks almost exactly like yours. Same boards, holo lablel with xacto'd out serials. You are not alone!
    Last edited by Thebonuslevel; 07-28-2016 at 09:45 PM.

holo label

Thread Information