No sound on MV2f

bwi

20 Year Member
After somehow fixing the unibios issue i had, i now seem to have no sound.

Ive only got it through the headphone socket at the moment but ive got nothing.

Is there something obvious i should be looking for?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
most obvious would be the volume sliders... do you get any crackling when you move them? Fader lube could help.
also obvious: did you power the +12V?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
12V should be present for the headphone jack to working. I agree with xsq, check the sliders first.

I've known caps to cause similar problems as well, so might be worth checking those. You shouldn't need to change them all, but if you're going to change some (and they haven't been changing already) you may as well do all of them.

xsq

...think OP meant to say he's only got the headphone jack connected, not the pcb edge, and doesn't get sound there...

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
...think OP meant to say he's only got the headphone jack connected, not the pcb edge, and doesn't get sound there...

Ah right...I woke up too early this morning:lolz:

bwi

20 Year Member
Will give the sliders some loving with the ipa. Iirc isn't the 2 slot stereo only and if so could I have done damage connecting it to a plain jamma suprgun?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
You shouldn't have done any damage to the board by connecting it up to a straight JAMMA harness, but it wouldn't sound good coming out of the speakers (one of the channels would be missing (right, IIRC)). Have you tried connecting it back up to a proper MVS harness?

Also, were you getting sound from the headphone jack before or was it always off the PCB edge?

xsq

Will give the sliders some loving with the ipa.
Just don't use contact cleaner, it can damage them... that's why I said fader lube. If you don't have any, give it them a blast with some compressed air. But even if they are dirty you should have a crackling sound when you move them.

Iirc isn't the 2 slot stereo only and if so could I have done damage connecting it to a plain jamma suprgun?
yes, the 2F is stereo only (MVS pinout on the edge). Connecting it via Jamma for a short time should not damage the audio section, but the longer you have it wired up wrong the higher the possibility it will go...

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
If the headphones jack gives audio but the JAMMA edge does not, then the problem is the amplifier circuit. The headphone audio goes unamplified, that's why the 5V mod works with these boards even when the amplifier needs 12V to work. Xian Xi explained that in another thread.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Like xsq said, use fader lube on the sliders. Don't use anything else as you'll damage the carbon tracks.