How is Fixing Convergence Safe?

Ok, so I've seen convergence fixed in quite a few videos, but I don't understand how it's safe to do while the monitor is still ON. Shouldn't they be getting electrocuted?

Edit: A mod can delete this thread if they're seeing it.

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
As long as you keep one hand in your pocket and DO NOT touch any part of the chassis or frame, you should be good.

But, if you're not used to handle this kind of equipment and don't understand the basics, maybe you should leave it alone, they are always dangerous...

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Ok, so I've seen convergence fixed in quite a few videos, but I don't understand how it's safe to do while the monitor is still ON. Shouldn't they be getting electrocuted?

You have been asking an unusual amount of basic questions on this stuff. Seriously Google first and if you don't see the answer then ask it. Everyone needs a little spoon feeding every now and then but there are seriously thousands of videos and informational pages on stuff like this including tons of threads on this forum. Use search, use google, then ask please. Not being a dick man, just trying to help you out. You say you watched a video and the person did not get hurt, why would you start a thread??? You can't fix convergence without the monitor being on, and anyone sliding a convergence strip under a yoke is not touchy anything with their hands anyways except the glass tube. So let me google can glass conduct electricity....
03152a1c7281f6c238e0d75f885368e5.png

Hey look at that! The answer is right there. Ok I lied now I'm being a dick.... But seriously Google before creating new threads :-)
Anytime you are working on a monitor touch what your suppose to touch, unless a tutorial expressly tells you to touch something then you don't touch it. Just follow that rule and you won't be electrocuted as you put it. Although I think you need to get a good zapping so you won't be so nervous about it.

You have been asking an unusual amount of basic questions on this stuff. Seriously Google first and if you don't see the answer then ask it. Everyone needs a little spoon feeding every now and then but there are seriously thousands of videos and informational pages on stuff like this including tons of threads on this forum. Use search, use google, then ask please. Not being a dick man, just trying to help you out. You say you watched a video and the person did not get hurt, why would you start a thread??? You can't fix convergence without the monitor being on, and anyone sliding a convergence strip under a yoke is not touchy anything with their hands anyways except the glass tube. So let me google can glass conduct electricity....
03152a1c7281f6c238e0d75f885368e5.png

Hey look at that! The answer is right there. Ok I lied now I'm being a dick.... But seriously Google before creating new threads :-)
Anytime you are working on a monitor touch what your suppose to touch, unless a tutorial expressly tells you to touch something then you don't touch it. Just follow that rule and you won't be electrocuted as you put it. Although I think you need to get a good zapping so you won't be so nervous about it.

Sorry, I was just under the impression that everything behind the monitor was dangerously electrically charged. Still, I didn't think too much before starting this, did I? I'll try to use what little amount of common sense I have before posting next time. Maybe part of the reason I keep doing this is because I'm too excited for the moment I get a cab I just want to keep talking about it in some way lol.

This thread can be deleted if a mod is seeing this.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Sorry, I was just under the impression that everything behind the monitor was dangerously electrically charged. Still, I didn't think too much before starting this, did I? I'll try to use what little amount of common sense I have before posting next time. Maybe part of the reason I keep doing this is because I'm too excited for the moment I get a cab I just want to keep talking about it in some way lol.

This thread can be deleted if a mod is seeing this.

No worries man just didn't want you to become "that" guy asking lots of dumb stuff. If you got blast questions and can't find the answer just post in the blast city thread etc... Lots of people will help you along, and enjoy your new cab.

No worries man just didn't want you to become "that" guy asking lots of dumb stuff. If you got blast questions and can't find the answer just post in the blast city thread etc... Lots of people will help you along, and enjoy your new cab.

Thanks for looking out for me :)