Hello from Orlando!!

AcidRedux

n00b
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and very excited to finally join the Neo Geo community. Like most of us, my love for SNK started in the Arcades and stayed there for years since the AES required the sale of a kidney to acquire. As a kid I dreamt that Terry Bogard would kick down my parents door and drop off a brand new AES with all the games my greedy little child fingers could get a hold of. Many years later I heard about the Neo Geo X and suddenly grew nostalgia boner. Unfortunately it went limp pretty quickly once I received my NGX. I felt like I had betrayed the games I grew up loving with a cheap third-party hooker. I needed an MVS, a bottle of whiskey, and trash bag filled with quarters just to forget about my experience with the NGX. Once that was settled, my mind became focused on redemption in the form of an AES. After countless hours on ebay I couldn't find a sweet deal, so I decided to wait. Lo and behold a few weeks later I found one on craigslist in-box with 5 games a few miles from my house. After 20+ years of being on the outside looking in, the Neo Geo gods have finally blessed me with an Neo Geo AES!!

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
ok.

Hi.

You know what you've gotten yourself into with going homeconsole rather than (C)MVS, right?

MuppeT

War Room Troll
He thinks he got blessed ... oh boy.

Welcum to teh dramah

AcidRedux

n00b
I planning on getting a magic key as well. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Welcome to the drama that is NeoGeo.com. If you buy games slowly, you should be fine. You can always buy a converter for the really expensive games. MVS games are already going for more than expected so maybe also look into getting a CMVS too.