Thread: Hello from Orlando!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bashful Neophyte

icon15.gif Hello from Orlando!!

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and very excited to finally join the Neo Geo community. Like most of us, my love for SNK started in the Arcades and stayed there for years since the AES required the sale of a kidney to acquire. As a kid I dreamt that Terry Bogard would kick down my parents door and drop off a brand new AES with all the games my greedy little child fingers could get a hold of. Many years later I heard about the Neo Geo X and suddenly grew nostalgia boner. Unfortunately it went limp pretty quickly once I received my NGX. I felt like I had betrayed the games I grew up loving with a cheap third-party hooker. I needed an MVS, a bottle of whiskey, and trash bag filled with quarters just to forget about my experience with the NGX. Once that was settled, my mind became focused on redemption in the form of an AES. After countless hours on ebay I couldn't find a sweet deal, so I decided to wait. Lo and behold a few weeks later I found one on craigslist in-box with 5 games a few miles from my house. After 20+ years of being on the outside looking in, the Neo Geo gods have finally blessed me with an Neo Geo AES!!
    Last edited by AcidRedux; 07-08-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

ok.

Hi.

You know what you've gotten yourself into with going homeconsole rather than (C)MVS, right?

War Room Troll

He thinks he got blessed ... oh boy.

Welcum to teh dramah

AES, hope you have deep pockets

Bashful Neophyte

I planning on getting a magic key as well. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

OldSkool4Life

Welcome to the drama that is NeoGeo.com. If you buy games slowly, you should be fine. You can always buy a converter for the really expensive games. MVS games are already going for more than expected so maybe also look into getting a CMVS too.

Thread Information