Taiso's Game Giveaway Extravaganza Number Idontremember

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
So, been a while since I did one of these and I love the fine folks here at NG.com so I want to do a game giveaway

But what game am I giving away, you might ask?

Well, whenever I give a game away, I always try to give something back to the community that I believe in as a game. Something that I believe needs to be played by people that haven't played it yet. Or at the very least something that I feel the NG.com peeps would appreciate.

So here's what's at stake this time out:

the-witcher-3r.jpg

This game was unquestionably the best game of 2015 and revisiting it with the new expansion hasn't dulled its potency one bit for me.

Plus, I'm really heavy into dark fantasy right now with the debut of the new Berserk anime.

So here's how this works.

All you have to do is post in this thread that you would like to enter this lottery. It is COMPLETELY FREE and I am doing this because somebody that hasn't played The Witcher 3 yet fucking needs to.

When the lottery ends, I will randomly choose ONE person and I will announce the winner here.

The winner will receive the game on the platform of their choice from among the following:

PS4
Xbox One
PC

If you opt for a console version, you get a physical copy mailed to you. If you choose the PC version, it'll be via digital delivery. Likely GOG, because I like them more than Steam. But if you REALLY prefer Steam, then okay...fine.

So when you post in this thread, make sure you put which version you want in your comment.

Also, this is for the BASE version of the game. Not the special edition, collector's edition or the version with the season pass. The main campaign will keep someone busy for well over a hundred hours if they mine it for every last quest and activity. If you want the expansion content, that's on your own dime.

Some ground rules:

1.) You must not already own a copy of the game.
2.) You must have a system capable of running the game. Check your hardware specs against the game's minimum requirements if PC. PS4 copies are not region locked. Not sure about Xbox One.
3.) If you request a physical copy, you must either live in the 48 contiguous United States or be willing to pay ALL of the international shipping costs. I will ship free domestic, but not overseas.
4.) Your NG.com account must have existed before I made this post. Lurkers that create an account to get a free game can suck it.

Those are all the rules I can think of. If any problems with these occur to me at a later point, I'll add them on at that point. Yeah, I reserve the right to change the stipulations, but I'l only do so if I overlooked something that might prove to be a problem later.

ANYONE can enter into this giveaway. I don't care if I've had words with you in the past or if we're currently squabbling over some stupid shit like crap anime or Indiana Jones movie or whatever. No matter how much we bicker, we are still all part of this community.

Anyway, that's what's up. Want a copy of the game I consider the greatest video game ever made? Then jump on in.

This will go until Tuesday, August 9th. Good luck!

Last edited:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Not entering.
I won Taiso's RE: Revelations 2 give away and again I'm grateful. Thanks again Taiso. Still got and love the game.

Good luck to everyone and WELCOME TO THUNDER DOME BITCH! ;)

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Whoever wins, be prepared to be addicted to Gwent, :D

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Hey Taiso do you recommend playing Witcher 1/2 before 3? I've heard mixed things about the first game, but most generally seem to like 2.

Very cool of you to do this again! I'll sit this one out but am interested to hear your thoughts on the series.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Hey I'm in. I heard this game is great, and for some reason I don't own it. PS4 is my machine. Thanks for doing this.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Hey Taiso do you recommend playing Witcher 1/2 before 3? I've heard mixed things about the first game, but most generally seem to like 2.

Very cool of you to do this again! I'll sit this one out but am interested to hear your thoughts on the series.

If you intend to play on PC, then play the second game. The Witcher 3 responds to your Witcher 2 save data and reflects on your decisions in the previous game if you have W2 save files.

I'd recommend playing both games in order to experience the entire story, but they aren't strictly required to play Witcher 3. But definitely play Witcher 2 first if you have that option. It's super cheap on GOG and Steam. And The Witcher 2 is a fucking great game in its own right.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
In as well, ps4. Anyone this passionate about a game gets my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Also the first game is good for its time but its age definitely shows. The story, world and characters are all top notch, though. The writing for this series is hands down the best in video games ever.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Not entering but awesome of you to do another giveaway Taiso

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm down for a PS4 version. I've had a few dudes try and talk me into this game but I've never bothered to pull the trigger.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I gave this game to my secret santa, i wonder if he's done with it & will let me borrow it.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
One day, I shall be blessed with a Taiso. Should this prove me worthy, then let it be PS4.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm not entering but think this is very cool.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Count me in. I've never played it, and I'm always looking for a reason to use this ps4 I have. You can send it to my moms house in Texas, or if it's pay day I'll pay the international shipping. It's a free game like.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm game for it, love to really check this game out. GoG keeps taunting me with sales but I've never bit as these types of games are hit and miss for me but it looks like it would be enjoyable. If it was me, PC-GoG version, cheapest way to get it and best presentation value too. I've got my laptop here that can handle it at max settings no problem at all thanks to the nvidia 980 in it.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
Im down, my bro was raving about it but I never got a chance to try it out on his PC. I game on PS4 now, so that's my platform of choice

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Does your sig actually lead to anything? I don't have enough years left on my life to find out for myself.

xorthen

Banned
I'll give it a shot. I just finished playing through Dark Souls II on PS4 for the first time so this game looks like it might be cool. PS4 version plz. :D

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm happy to add you to the lottery, but don't make the mistake of assuming that The Witcher 3 is anything like Dark Souls except in that they're both dark fantasy The Witcher 3's world is alive and teeming with politics, intrigues, greatly varying locales and a strong focus on its narrative, questing and gathering. Dark Souls' world is an all but dead place where both the mechanical and emotional investment are almost the exact opposite of The Witcher 3.

Just putting it out there.

In case you're wondering (or not), The Witcher 3 > Souls games (any of them) in my book.

This is not to say the Souls games are bad. It's one of my favorite series. The Witcher 3 just has a lot more variety, life and vitality to it. Dark Souls' combat is superior (of course) and there is a unique sense of desolation and despair that only that series can pull off, and i praise it for those qualities (among others). But The Witcher 3 is a far more complex creature, and equally able in almost every respect.

The Witcher 3 is a cross between Grimm's Fairy Tales and Game of Thrones. That's the best way I can describe it.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The Witcher 3 isn't as one note as Dark Souls is. The side quests are all super interesting, the main storyline is awesome, the world is as lush, colorful and filled with personality as it is rife with intrigues, racial tension and general inhospitable nature. Set against the backdrop of an imperial invasion, the world of The Witcher 3 is a place of social contrasts and moral shades of gray everywhere. The game just does so many things so well that I consider it a more impressive accomplishment than the Souls games.

But AGAIN, I need to STRESS: the Souls games are GREAT!

But if we're grading quality on a general scale, The Witcher 3 outdoes it. It's just more robust and more accomplished overall.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Bumping. Want to make sure people don't miss this.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Awesome of you, don't have W3 yet but won't enter since I didn't even complete W2 which I bought, I played to the 2nd act and just couldn't bring myself to rid the tomb of some ghost, now I forgot half of the side quest storylines :)