Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pipes's Candy Cave

Rugal's Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by blakeb8111 View Post
    Awesome cab selection and nice setup.
    Thanks! I need another vert cab so I've been on the lookout for another NAC or Blast. I just missed out on a couple of NAC's local to me...would have been nice. Not too many come up for sale around here.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

Bloodhound

nice

dat NEO25

Fio's Quartermaster

Very slick dude, congrats!

Rugal's Secretary

Looking at adding this to the cave.....still working on a deal for it though.

$_27.JPG

EDIT:
    Went to check out the Initial D cab and was immediately disappointed. The monitor has the worst burn in I have ever seen. The entire screen was covered.

Anyway, I'll be picking these up instead...

image.jpeg
    Last edited by pipes; 07-14-2016 at 06:44 PM.

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    Yeah I did initially think of tating the NAC but it has the built in stereo amp which would be useless for shmups.

Bruh. I'm dying that my NAC is mono only. How did you amp yours? Also suprised you don't run off of the STG boards CN2 headers, for the sweet (((((stereo))))) sounds. Kid Panda made all of my cables, and I can't shoot w/ out it. To the point of sitting Logitech speakers on top of my Aero's speaker shroud when I have a pew pew plugged in.

Also, loving the pics. 1st time I saw pics, it was just studs. Now, studs + insulation. Next update, I'm taking bets:
    Drywall, or RecRoom Paneling? ;^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

"I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

Rot.
    Rot.
    Rot.

Dat initial D looks nice. Can it run any other naomi racers?

Rugal's Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by wataru330 View Post
    Bruh. I'm dying that my NAC is mono only. How did you amp yours? Also suprised you don't run off of the STG boards CN2 headers, for the sweet (((((stereo))))) sounds. Kid Panda made all of my cables, and I can't shoot w/ out it. To the point of sitting Logitech speakers on top of my Aero's speaker shroud when I have a pew pew plugged in.

Also, loving the pics. 1st time I saw pics, it was just studs. Now, studs + insulation. Next update, I'm taking bets:
    Drywall, or RecRoom Paneling? ;^)
    Lol...the cotton candy walls go well with the rest of the candy theme in there. I may just keep it this way

I was lucky the NAC came with the built in amp/power supply combo. It's certainly a beautiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lolifoxgirl View Post
    Dat initial D looks nice. Can it run any other naomi racers?
    Thanks! Honestly I have no experience in this area. I'll be getting the cab next weekend so I need to do my research. I believe Crazy Taxi should run with no issues unless it needs a specific i/o. I'd love to get Out Run 2 working in there at some point as well.

Super Spy Agent

Is this why you've been unloading some quality titles recently, to fund the D purchase?

Rugal's Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by egg_sanwich View Post
    Is this why you've been unloading some quality titles recently, to fund the D purchase?
    Actually the Initial D cab kind of just fell into my lap a couple of days ago. I've been meaning to sell a lot of the stuff I don't play much anyway. The Cave boards especially since I got a J360 running on my AWSD.

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches. 90s's Avatar

I didn't know the last arcade in Toronto was in your house. Very nice. Look forward to seeing more.

Guerilla Warrior

Sweet setup & collection pipes very nice.
    "NG.com breaking balls & crushing dreams since '99".

WWJCVDD?

Great selection of cabs!

Are you going to cover up the cotton candy walls?
    Yo.

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Great setup, man. Love the variety on display both in cabs and games.

Another Striker

What a bomb setup! I'm also in Toronto, and my setup is nothing compared to yours. Respect.

I'd love to hear all the stories about how you got these beauties. I'm going to get a SEGA candy one of these days, so I'm all ears for any tips and insight you can share about which one you like best, and what games you are playing on each setup.

Here's my Rona special "skeleton" cab -
    TATE.jpg

Rugal's Secretary

So, I've made some additions to the Candy Cave in the last two weeks.

I picked up a Crazy Taxi and an 18 Wheeler upright cab recently. I'm now in the process of cleaning them up and restoring. They're in the garage right now so I'll be posting pics once they're all done and at home in the Cave.

Also, just a couple of days ago, I purchased a Star Wars Trilogy upright cab that's currently on it's way from the U.S. I'm really excited about this one. I finally found one and in excellent condition too. Can't wait.

Cheng's Errand Boy

I picked up a Crazy Taxi and an 18 Wheeler upright cab recently. I'm now in the process of cleaning them up and restoring. They're in the garage right now so I'll be posting pics once they're all done and at home in the Cave.

Also, just a couple of days ago, I purchased a Star Wars Trilogy upright cab that's currently on it's way from the U.S. I'm really excited about this one. I finally found one and in excellent condition too. Can't wait.
    Love it! I told you man, never give up on your grail. Where there's a will, there's a way. Congrats on the pick-up! Can't wait to see them
    Top Tier Arcade

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Big dose of Sega goodness right there. Congrats! Can't wait to see the new layout.

Rugal's Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by TopTierArcade View Post
    Love it! I told you man, never give up on your grail. Where there's a will, there's a way. Congrats on the pick-up! Can't wait to see them
    Thanks! Yeah, just have to be patient and relentless in the search.

Quote Originally Posted by 100proof View Post
    Big dose of Sega goodness right there. Congrats! Can't wait to see the new layout.
    Sega for the win! I'm going to have some fun figuring out how to arrange everything in there now.

OldSkool4Life

Love the setup!

Another Striker

Dang man. What a treat! Let me know if you need a hand play-testing or babysitting any of these.

Frenzy Football Player

Is that a dildo in pic 3

Genjuro's Frog

Degaussing dildo

Rugal's Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by K-2 View Post
    Is that a dildo in pic 3
    Yes.

Rugal's Secretary

So the game room is in the midst of a rather significant overhaul. Gone is the Naomi Universal upright cab and added are.....Crazy Taxi and 18 Wheeler upright cabs, Star Wars Trilogy upright along with brand new Ghostbusters Pro and Star Trek Premium pinball machines. Yes, I've gotten myself into pinball machines. The Star Trek pin won't arrive until the first week of December and I'm now in the middle of figuring out an arrangement that will accommodate all of this. I'll have to ditch the shelving units to make space and perhaps install some wall mounted shelves over the cabs. I'll post some pics as everything starts to take shape.

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

pinball machines

A drug I've always been too scared to take.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

"I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

Thread Information