Pipes's Candy Cave

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Awesome cab selection and nice setup.

Thanks! I need another vert cab so I've been on the lookout for another NAC or Blast. I just missed out on a couple of NAC's local to me...would have been nice. Not too many come up for sale around here.

pipes

Looking at adding this to the cave.....still working on a deal for it though.

$_27.JPG

EDIT:
Went to check out the Initial D cab and was immediately disappointed. The monitor has the worst burn in I have ever seen. The entire screen was covered.

Anyway, I'll be picking these up instead...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Yeah I did initially think of tating the NAC but it has the built in stereo amp which would be useless for shmups.

Bruh. I'm dying that my NAC is mono only. How did you amp yours? Also suprised you don't run off of the STG boards CN2 headers, for the sweet (((((stereo))))) sounds. Kid Panda made all of my cables, and I can't shoot w/ out it. To the point of sitting Logitech speakers on top of my Aero's speaker shroud when I have a pew pew plugged in.

Also, loving the pics. 1st time I saw pics, it was just studs. Now, studs + insulation. Next update, I'm taking bets:
Drywall, or RecRoom Paneling? ;^)

pipes

Bruh. I'm dying that my NAC is mono only. How did you amp yours? Also suprised you don't run off of the STG boards CN2 headers, for the sweet (((((stereo))))) sounds. Kid Panda made all of my cables, and I can't shoot w/ out it. To the point of sitting Logitech speakers on top of my Aero's speaker shroud when I have a pew pew plugged in.

Also, loving the pics. 1st time I saw pics, it was just studs. Now, studs + insulation. Next update, I'm taking bets:
Drywall, or RecRoom Paneling? ;^)

Lol...the cotton candy walls go well with the rest of the candy theme in there. I may just keep it this way :D

I was lucky the NAC came with the built in amp/power supply combo. It's certainly a beautiful thing.

Dat initial D looks nice. Can it run any other naomi racers?

Thanks! Honestly I have no experience in this area. I'll be getting the cab next weekend so I need to do my research. I believe Crazy Taxi should run with no issues unless it needs a specific i/o. I'd love to get Out Run 2 working in there at some point as well.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Is this why you've been unloading some quality titles recently, to fund the D purchase?

pipes

Is this why you've been unloading some quality titles recently, to fund the D purchase?

Actually the Initial D cab kind of just fell into my lap a couple of days ago. I've been meaning to sell a lot of the stuff I don't play much anyway. The Cave boards especially since I got a J360 running on my AWSD.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I didn't know the last arcade in Toronto was in your house. Very nice. Look forward to seeing more.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Great selection of cabs!

Are you going to cover up the cotton candy walls? ;)

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Great setup, man. Love the variety on display both in cabs and games.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
What a bomb setup! I'm also in Toronto, and my setup is nothing compared to yours. Respect.

I'd love to hear all the stories about how you got these beauties. I'm going to get a SEGA candy one of these days, so I'm all ears for any tips and insight you can share about which one you like best, and what games you are playing on each setup.

Here's my Rona special "skeleton" cab -
TATE.jpg

pipes

So, I've made some additions to the Candy Cave in the last two weeks.

I picked up a Crazy Taxi and an 18 Wheeler upright cab recently. I'm now in the process of cleaning them up and restoring. They're in the garage right now so I'll be posting pics once they're all done and at home in the Cave.

Also, just a couple of days ago, I purchased a Star Wars Trilogy upright cab that's currently on it's way from the U.S. I'm really excited about this one. I finally found one and in excellent condition too. Can't wait.

TopTierArcade

Zero's Secretary

I picked up a Crazy Taxi and an 18 Wheeler upright cab recently. I'm now in the process of cleaning them up and restoring. They're in the garage right now so I'll be posting pics once they're all done and at home in the Cave.

Also, just a couple of days ago, I purchased a Star Wars Trilogy upright cab that's currently on it's way from the U.S. I'm really excited about this one. I finally found one and in excellent condition too. Can't wait.

Love it! I told you man, never give up on your grail. Where there's a will, there's a way. Congrats on the pick-up! Can't wait to see them

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member

Big dose of Sega goodness right there. Congrats! Can't wait to see the new layout.

pipes

Love it! I told you man, never give up on your grail. Where there's a will, there's a way. Congrats on the pick-up! Can't wait to see them

Thanks! Yeah, just have to be patient and relentless in the search.

Big dose of Sega goodness right there. Congrats! Can't wait to see the new layout.

Sega for the win! I'm going to have some fun figuring out how to arrange everything in there now.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Dang man. What a treat! Let me know if you need a hand play-testing or babysitting any of these.

pipes

So the game room is in the midst of a rather significant overhaul. Gone is the Naomi Universal upright cab and added are.....Crazy Taxi and 18 Wheeler upright cabs, Star Wars Trilogy upright along with brand new Ghostbusters Pro and Star Trek Premium pinball machines. Yes, I've gotten myself into pinball machines. The Star Trek pin won't arrive until the first week of December and I'm now in the middle of figuring out an arrangement that will accommodate all of this. I'll have to ditch the shelving units to make space and perhaps install some wall mounted shelves over the cabs. I'll post some pics as everything starts to take shape.