Metal Slug 1st Mission - NGP Club Discussion #1

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The game is pretty fun. The only complaint I had was the aggravating grenade switch. It did have an awesome soundtrack and fun stages.

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
i enjoy the game a lot, the grenade switching didn't bother me the way it seems to have bothered other people. The only part that I felt frustrated over was the falling part of the game, guiding marco was a PITA, it felt like I was getting hit bc of the games programming and not lack of skill. The health bar I think slows down the fast pace gameplay that the mvs/aes versions have, not in a bad way. Its very pick up and go friendly.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I got this and Samurai Shodown! 2 when the Pocket was released in the UK. Aside from the grenade switching being slightly annoying, it's a really great game. I'm glad they went with a more varied approach to the gameplay instead of just trying to do a straight port of the originals.

scooby105

Kula's Candy
After playing a bit more, another thing I noticed that I really like is that items that fall after killing enemies do not last on the screen very long. I think this adds to the game because you can't get all of the items that are dropped.

I find the mission with the train to be very awkward though.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I was just at a convention and this guy had a box full of Metal Slug 1st Mission. I picked it up. It's a fun game for the system.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
That it is. I do regret selling them, however I needed the $$$ at the moment. Seems it's going for $20 loose pretty steady these days, and its definitely a fun game. The stage saving feature is nice as it helps tremendously for travel.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I beat this as a kid. I enjoyed it a lot. Need to replay it.