Neo Geo Pocket Game of the Month? (gauging interest)

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Who would participate in regular discussions on different NGP games?

I'm thinking it could be monthly to keep track as we go, but that would be a small subtitle. The hope would be that each thread would not expire and could potentially be good enough to warrant further discussion in the future or act as a resource.

If there is enough interest, I have a few extra loose carts I could give away as this ramps up.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I feel it would be different enough to warrant a fun topic. I would participate if given the opportunity.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Yeah I'm in, sounds like fun. The Pocket deserves as much attention as possible.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Would definitely be in. Great excuse to keep jamming on mine!

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Yeah this is a nice idea. I have a lot of loose carts as well I could give away as prizes, etc.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I only have a few games but as long as you don't start with Cotton, i'm in. May also be good to give a heads up about the next upcoming month's game. So if necessary we can scoop a copy.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I plan on getting back into NGP, so this sounds cool. :)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'd be down.

It's really sad how little attention this system gets, even here.

I wish it had a decent hombrew scene like the Lynx.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I'd be in too. I've to admit I haven't touched it for quite a while because of my growing love for shmups, so this would be a nice comeback.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Count me in as well. Been playing Sonic Pocket Adventure lately.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Very good idea - thank you for the initiative.
If I find the time, I'd love to participate.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
doing this anyways. might as well make it a topic.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Who would participate in regular discussions on different NGP games?

I'm thinking it could be monthly to keep track as we go, but that would be a small subtitle. The hope would be that each thread would not expire and could potentially be good enough to warrant further discussion in the future or act as a resource.

If there is enough interest, I have a few extra loose carts I could give away as this ramps up.

Vectorman0, I would say there's been enough responses. You started the thread. What's the July game? :)

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
In for sure! Vector pick us a July game and then maybe a signup for the rest of the year like the shooter of the month guys do?

fluxcore

Another Striker
Sounds like fun.

Man, I'm not so happy about the destruction of legit NGP carts to make the flash carts though :(

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yeah, count me in. My ngpc doesn't get nearly enough love, this would be a good excuse to pick it up again.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I made the thread. Now I expect all of you to post!

Yeah this is a nice idea. I have a lot of loose carts as well I could give away as prizes, etc.

That would be great. I still haven't figured out the best way to go about giving away the ones I have.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Man, I'm not so happy about the destruction of legit NGP carts to make the flash carts though :(
yeah, that's true. It'd be cool if Flavor would offer the option to order them with repro cart shells (the PCBs are custom) - maybe he could team up with lions3 to make that happen?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I just wish SNK would release all the games they own for NGPC in a package for Steam, iOS, Android, and consoles.

scooby105

Kula's Candy
I'll join up and play. I'd like a reason to start playing some videogames again.

Flavor

Saver,
Sounds like fun. Man, I'm not so happy about the destruction of legit NGP carts to make the flash carts though :(

You can request to have your order without a shell, then no official carts would be harmed in the making of your Flash Masta. :)

I would like to produce Flash Masta specific cart shells. So far it's proven too difficult/costly, but some of that is because it's not our area of expertise/experience.