Enclosure for Superguns w/external PSU like HAS or MAK

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm looking to tidy up my HAS Supergun setup to something a little bit neater looking than just a Happ Power Pro sitting on the floor and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a good enclosure for a project such as this. I'd really just need room for the power supply, an IEC jack, power switch, LED and a room to mount a pot for voltage adjustment. I've done a bit of searching around, but it seems most people using these compact SGs just keep a bare arcade PSU sitting around or use one of the Pico bricks. Any guidance here? Thanks.

Edit: I realized the title is misleading, this would be an enclosure just for the power supply side of the house, the HAS would be external to it.

Last edited:

madman

The mouser link is broken, but I've heard of those PacTec enclosures in the past. Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna keep searching hoping somewhere there's a vented case that already has an IEC panel mount on it or something I can strip apart and use for my purpose.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
mad, hit me up if you don't find something. Worse case I can probably make you a simple enclosure you can modify.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Oh an I think some of the other style polycases have mounting options.

madman

mad, hit me up if you don't find something. Worse case I can probably make you a simple enclosure you can modify.

Cool, thanks if I don't find anything I'll hit you up. The closest thing I found was this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:486564 which would be pretty much what I would need. Finding an enclosure with pre-mounted IEC connector and power switch in a reasonable size for a good price is much harder than I thought. I really just want something simple and neat. I might look into cheapo Chinese power supplies in nice cases and just gut it if I have to.

Edit: Thanks for the update, buaku.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think a custom one would be best so you can mount a fan and switch to it.

madman

I think a custom one would be best so you can mount a fan and switch to it.

Agreed. I've been browsing Happ's page, turns out they do have a 200W supply w/IEC connector, power switch and 5V adjustment. Not as sexy as an enclosure for the power pro, but seems like it'd get the job done well enough for the moment.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Agreed. I've been browsing Happ's page, turns out they do have a 200W supply w/IEC connector, power switch and 5V adjustment. Not as sexy as an enclosure for the power pro, but seems like it'd get the job done well enough for the moment.

mad, I could do an acrylic case... but I was really thinking some plastic enclosure. Since I have the 3d printers sitting here in my office. If you want acrylic I can do that too. It'll just need to wait a few weeks for my next time with the laser.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Cool, thanks if I don't find anything I'll hit you up. The closest thing I found was this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:486564 which would be pretty much what I would need. Finding an enclosure with pre-mounted IEC connector and power switch in a reasonable size for a good price is much harder than I thought. I really just want something simple and neat. I might look into cheapo Chinese power supplies in nice cases and just gut it if I have to.

Edit: Thanks for the update, buaku.

No problem!

forgive me for asking, but is there a reason you don't want to roll your own?
It would probably just be faster to find a good sized case and cut out a hole to mount the IEC connector.
That was the plan for my supergun that's still in the works after I don't even know how many years, lol.

madman

I originally set out to make my own, but couldn't find any vented cases in an appropriate size. I spent a solid 2+ hours last night searching around, I'll hit up lions3 but I think I'm just gonna go w/one of the Happ supplies as mentioned above, I can open it up and remove all the unnecessary connections that I won't be using.