Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 92

Thread: SSVS Proto on Ebay? Confirmed Boot

  1. #26
    Kyo's Flame
    ResO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Still gaming

    Posts
    8,069
    Here's my prototype of Stakes Hero. It's like Riding Hero, but with horsezzz.



    Seriously guys, this ssvs is a bootleg.

  2. #27
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kentucky State Penitentiary

    Posts
    6,568
    Can we please keep the thread shitting out of the tech support forum? There are plenty of other places on here for this type of nonsense.

  3. #28
    Kyo's Flame
    ResO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Still gaming

    Posts
    8,069
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Can we please keep the thread shitting out of the tech support forum? There are plenty of other places on here for this type of nonsense.
    Lol, madman is sounding like an EG Tech Support warrior.

  4. #29
    The b00bs.
    Z'OMG The B00BS!
    StaticX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tustin CA

    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    The problem is, this particular item has quite a bit of range in its appeal so regardless of it being a fake, it will fetch healthy money for these reasons:

    -- last game released for the neogeo
    -- extremely rare & expensive to buy an original
    -- extremely difficult to build a bootleg cart yourself.
    (if even possible to be honest?)
    -- unique small boards make people curious

    Again, real or not, if it works right (albeit sound glitch?) it's still worth money.
    I contacted the buyer and asked him if I can see it. ( I in no way want to purchase something like this) but I've never seen a small circuit board in an mvs cart. He is like an hour away I believe.

    Just looks super interesting is all. Will let you guys know, what he says.

  5. #30
    Kyo's Flame
    ResO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Still gaming

    Posts
    8,069
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticX View Post
    I contacted the buyer and asked him if I can see it. ( I in no way want to purchase something like this) but I've never seen a small circuit board in an mvs cart. He is like an hour away I believe.

    Just looks super interesting is all. Will let you guys know, what he says.
    Look at my pic posted above. Altera processor, mx chips with Japanese text and word "KYORAKU" on stickers, small boards & white clips. The bootleg boards pictured above are from a KOF 2004 Special Edition hack.
    Last edited by ResO; 06-30-2016 at 12:22 PM.

  6. #31
    Fio's Quartermaster
    Hellfromabove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA

    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    Can you clarify this a little bit?
    As in, the sound glitch is commonly found in the released version?

    Also, just curious, but are there in fact bootlegs of SS5S out there? (personally I have seen them for SS5, but not for SS5S)
    Sound glitch is not actually found on a legit board. The sound glitch actually shows itself during the versus screen where the announcer is saying the names of both characters. The glitch only happens with a certain character named Basara though. You will hear a distortion pop sound while the announcer is saying his name. This same sound glitch is in the neo geo rom sets available online. I have looked in to it and think that it might be a bad dump of one of the sound roms, however it might never be confirmed as one of the only ways to test it is to dump the sound roms again. These days though, no one is really willing to do so with a $1000+ game.

  7. #32
    Sho's Rival
    Tw3ek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mortville

    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfromabove View Post
    I have looked in to it and think that it might be a bad dump of one of the sound roms, however it might never be confirmed as one of the only ways to test it is to dump the sound roms again. These days though, no one is really willing to do so with a $1000+ game.
    Gotta take it out of its triple-layer protective casing first.
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

  8. #33
    The b00bs.
    Z'OMG The B00BS!
    StaticX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tustin CA

    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfromabove View Post
    Sound glitch is not actually found on a legit board. The sound glitch actually shows itself during the versus screen where the announcer is saying the names of both characters. The glitch only happens with a certain character named Basara though. You will hear a distortion pop sound while the announcer is saying his name. This same sound glitch is in the neo geo rom sets available online. I have looked in to it and think that it might be a bad dump of one of the sound roms, however it might never be confirmed as one of the only ways to test it is to dump the sound roms again. These days though, no one is really willing to do so with a $1000+ game.
    That makes sense. Does anyone wanna volunteer their legit copy and try that same trick? Yeah this is one of those games I know I will never own.....cept for Steam.

  9. #34
    Fio's Quartermaster
    Hellfromabove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA

    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticX View Post
    That makes sense. Does anyone wanna volunteer their legit copy and try that same trick? Yeah this is one of those games I know I will never own.....cept for Steam.
    Highly doubt anyone would show the least bit of interest. Just had to be this game out of everything, didn't it?

  10. #35
    Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.
    pixeljunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    in a glass of Orval

    Posts
    5,663
    I used to have that boot - bought it from ECL waaaay back. It was honestly shortly after the game actually came out. It was light as a feather when it arrived so I cracked it open to see those baby boards. I think I sold it on here for $50 shipped

  11. #36
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    814
    I just tried it out with my real MVS cartridge on a single slot board. I can't here any glitchy or odd sound when I pick Basara? It makes an affirmation sound, and then his boomerang flight sound. I made a 10 second video of it as well. Anyone wanna check it (listen to it) to verify or post it for me? (have never tried to post a video here)

    Pretty damn violent game btw. I didn't used to think so. Maybe I'm getting old!
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  12. #37
    Fio's Quartermaster
    Hellfromabove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA

    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    I just tried it out with my real MVS cartridge on a single slot board. I can't here any glitchy or odd sound when I pick Basara? It makes an affirmation sound, and then his boomerang flight sound. I made a 10 second video of it as well. Anyone wanna check it (listen to it) to verify or post it for me? (have never tried to post a video here)

    Pretty damn violent game btw. I didn't used to think so. Maybe I'm getting old!
    It does not show up on a legit cart. What I was saying was that all the bootleggers I've seen are not dumping the roms themselves and are just downloading the roms that are readily available online to create their boots. The rom available online for SSVS has the sound issue. I was saying that it is probably a bad dump of one of the sound roms, however it's just a theory as it will be very hard to find someone who will want to desolder the roms from their cart to dump it just to prove the theory. If you want to test it out, open the game up in MAME and try the steps to reproduce the issue. Best to choose Basara as player two as when the announcer is saying the name of the first character there is some background audio that covers it up.

  13. #38
    Kyo's Flame
    ResO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Still gaming

    Posts
    8,069
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    Pretty damn violent game btw. I didn't used to think so. Maybe I'm getting old!
    Yeah, I remember buying this game new and not being bothered at all. The violence in SSVS makes me cringe these days. If I rebuy this cartridge can I disable the fatalities on MVS in the soft dip, or just blood on/off? I know some (or all?) SS games have a Violence Level 1-3 selection. What level would make this game easier on the stomach for somebody like me? I totally am happy with the amount of violence in SSV and don't really need any more. (Wouldn't mind the blood spray during a finish, but that's as far as I would care to go.)

  14. #39
    Fio's Quartermaster
    Hellfromabove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA

    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    Also, just curious, but are there in fact bootlegs of SS5S out there? (personally I have seen them for SS5, but not for SS5S)
    There are quite a few out there. Not as many as other games, but they are around. Buddy of mine has a handful on him. I think this was probably due to the fact that the Neo Geo was out the door around the time the game dropped and that arcades were starting to take their decent around that time as well.
    Last edited by Hellfromabove; 07-02-2016 at 04:20 AM.

  15. #40
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    WHQ

    Posts
    778
    40 minutes to go, already at 350$ - maybe this is the prototype of all ssVs bootlegs?!

  16. #41
    Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
    kuze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In the year 2248

    Posts
    2,480
    Lol $471 for a boot.

  17. #42
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    814
    I knew it would sell high.
    It has nothing to do with that whole "Proto" possibility thing. That very well could just be a load of crap. Who cares. It was really because of the game itself. Again, I don't see where one can purchase a bootleg of this game? I've never even seen one myself for that matter. Internet sites or eBay, real or bootleg, you just don't see this game very often, and lots of people want to play it & have it.

    And when originals skyrocket in price & plunge in availability, this is the phenomenon that ensues; a high demand for bootlegs of scarce games.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  18. #43
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    WHQ

    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    ... I've never even seen one myself for that matter. Internet sites or eBay, real or bootleg, you just don't see this game very often, and lots of people want to play it & have it.
    at least, the aes bootleg is very common in europe...err..i mean france.

  19. #44
    B. Jenet's Firstmate
    Day_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Posts
    414
    I thought SSVS was on the 161 cart?

  20. #45
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    WHQ

    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Day_Man View Post
    I thought SSVS was on the 161 cart?
    yep. it makes more sense to buy the multi for 50$ and put that cart into a ssVs shockbox.

  21. #46
    Bloodhound
    hyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    dojo tachibana

    Posts
    5,178
    Anybody here snag it?

    RETRIEVE TEH LOUPE

  22. #47
    Neo*Geomancer
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,549
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    I knew it would sell high.
    It has nothing to do with that whole "Proto" possibility thing. That very well could just be a load of crap. Who cares. It was really because of the game itself. Again, I don't see where one can purchase a bootleg of this game? I've never even seen one myself for that matter. Internet sites or eBay, real or bootleg, you just don't see this game very often, and lots of people want to play it & have it.

    And when originals skyrocket in price & plunge in availability, this is the phenomenon that ensues; a high demand for bootlegs of scarce games.
    If you do a quick search here at least two or three threads pop up with folks buying bootleg SSVS carts. I bought the game from excellentcom in 2007 and they sent me a boot. I complained and got a real one sent to me. I ended up giving the bootleg away. They certainly exist. There was also a seller in CA a few years back that had a pile of them that were "unofficial". You acting like this is some kind of oddity is a fucking joke. The game is on almost all the multicarts FFS
    Last edited by DecepticonZero; 07-04-2016 at 07:43 PM.

  23. #48
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    814
    You just said that you bought it back in 2007. (the game came out in 2004) And in an earlier post, someone said they bought it years ago as well. It's 2016! It's been like ten years! What I'm getting at is where and when in recent times can you buy a copy of this game? (multicart aside let's say).

    I'm not saying this game is the holy grail, but it sure as hell is extremely rare (the original is quite literally the most expensive MVS cart in the entire library!) and even a bootleg of it fetches almost $500! So what I'm getting at is find me where you can buy a boot for $50? Even $100? YOU CANT!!!
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  24. #49
    Fio's Quartermaster
    Hellfromabove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA

    Posts
    644
    Damn, $471?! Time to have my buddy unload on the few he has.

  25. #50
    Kyo's Flame
    ResO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Still gaming

    Posts
    8,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfromabove View Post
    Damn, $471?! Time to have my buddy unload on the few he has.
    Can't someone just easily make these?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •