Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Res0 vs KPJ... FFS...

Neo*Geomancer
    I'm too lazy to go back and reread this, but if I said anything derogatory about Kenny in this thread relating to this transaction, I apologize. You didn't do anything wrong here as far as the shipping is concerned.

Crazed MVS Addict
    Ha! And this was the person questioning me at one point....... lol I got the best laugh .....no matter how many years you been on the forum I guess you can still make "strange" decisions in your Neo and personal life..... real smart paying $800 for a damaged insert....... then flipping out on how is was shipped especially viewing how bad the damage is...... some people man or woman just loves drama. I believe that's the case here.

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackamex View Post
    I believe that's the case here.
    I believe it's menopause.

Crazed MVS Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyXP View Post
    I believe it's menopause.
    I 2nd the motion...... all in favor?

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light.
    formerly:
    Kenny Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    She asked that the insert be shipped flat, not in a softcase. Just looking at this from a retail background standpoint, the customer's request is always the most important thing. Whether it's wrong or right is not the issue. You can offer the alternative, but in the end the customer's choice is the final decision.
    My wife mentioned to her that we planned on sending it flat before speaking with me. I decided otherwise as I've seen what can happen when paperwork is sent sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard & tape. Res0 didn't say anything about it's handling until after we brought it up. Since I'm responsible for the item being delivered appropriately, I made the final decision. I don't want/need a customer slicing open a flat container which could create damage. This would then fall to me for improper packaging.

For god's sake.....SNK shipped games this way. You all buy & sell games this way. Are you trying to tell me that when you ship/sell a complete AES title, you remove the inserts from their cases and ship them flat, separately from the case but in the same parcel as the box, cartridge & manual?

I get that it's the cool thing to hate on me, but had this been any other seller, they would not be receiving this kind of shit & scrutiny.

There's no conspiracy here.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Well, the world is a beautiful and complicated place, isn't it?

Never thought I'd be siding with KennyBoy, but here we are. The insert arrived in the same shitty condition that it was in before it was sent out, so who cares how it was shipped.

(still charged at least $780 too much for that piece of paper though )

Robert Garcia's Butler
    So you are saying your wife promised ResO to ship it flat before consulting you. Then you decided to ship it differently without consulting ResO?

I understand the condition of the insert and your intention is to protect your customer's interest based on your shipping experience. As Kid Panda mentioned, don't you think it's more important to honor customer's request?

Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    My wife mentioned to her that we planned on sending it flat before speaking with me. I decided otherwise as I've seen what can happen when paperwork is sent sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard & tape. Res0 didn't say anything about it's handling until after we brought it up. Since I'm responsible for the item being delivered appropriately, I made the final decision. I don't want/need a customer slicing open a flat container which could create damage. This would then fall to me for improper packaging.

For god's sake.....SNK shipped games this way. You all buy & sell games this way. Are you trying to tell me that when you ship/sell a complete AES title, you remove the inserts from their cases and ship them flat, separately from the case but in the same parcel as the box, cartridge & manual?

I get that it's the cool thing to hate on me, but had this been any other seller, they would not be receiving this kind of shit & scrutiny.

There's no conspiracy here.
    kitkit.com - long time Neo Geo fan and game collector

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

So he sends it res0's way and it gets fucked. What then? Refund for res0 and he's out his product...

Why take chances?

Neo*Geomancer
    Quote Originally Posted by ki_atsushi View Post
    So he sends it res0's way and it gets fucked. What then? Refund for res0 and he's out his product...

Why take chances?
    This

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    Quote Originally Posted by ki_atsushi View Post
    Never thought I'd be siding with KennyBoy, but here we are. The insert arrived in the same shitty condition that it was in before it was sent out, so who cares how it was shipped.
    Yeah, I gotta agree w/this and the fact that if it was any other seller there wouldn't be this shit storm. I've gotten pissed a couple times when I've bought boxed games on Amazon only to see a bubble mailer show up in my mail room, but once I open it and see no damage the fire is out. Would I have preferred a box? Yeah, but if the game arrived fine what's the harm?
    wyo: The combo of madman and filthyrear is too much.
    wyo: I don't mind a bit of trolling but it goes too far.

formerly:
    Kenny Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkit.com View Post
    So you are saying your wife promised ResO to ship it flat before consulting you. Then you decided to ship it differently without consulting ResO?

I understand the condition of the insert and your intention is to protect your customer's interest based on your shipping experience. As Kid Panda mentioned, don't you think it's more important to honor customer's request?

No, my wife did not promise to send it flat. She said that we planned on sending it in a flat box (read screen capture from previous page). When it came time to package the item for departure, I put it back in it's OS box for safe travel knowing that it would not be smashed/bent/insertwhateverwordyoudeemfit during transit or when being delivered or during unboxing. We also applied signature confirmation so that someone was present to accept the package. It wouldn't be left on a doorstep/shoved into a mailbox.

Had it been packaged inadequately, guess who would have been held responsible? Me. Had she sliced the insert by using a box cutter, guess who could have been on the hook? Me. Had the insert slid within it's sleeve and gotten adhesive from tape or the self sticking flap, guess who would have been responsible? Me.

Yes, customer requests are followed UNLESS there is a potential risk. There was probable risk for me to ship the insert in a flat/sandwiched cardboard sleeve box because of prior incidents.

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
    I'm hoping reso comes back soon to chime in here.

Crazed MVS Addict
    No, my wife did not promise to send it flat. She said that we planned on sending it in a flat box (read screen capture from previous page). When it came time to package the item for departure, I put it back in it's OS box for safe travel knowing that it would not be smashed/bent/insertwhateverwordyoudeemfit during transit or when being delivered or during unboxing. We also applied signature confirmation so that someone was present to accept the package. It wouldn't be left on a doorstep/shoved into a mailbox.

Had it been packaged inadequately, guess who would have been held responsible? Me. Had she sliced the insert by using a box cutter, guess who could have been on the hook? Me. Had the insert slid within it's sleeve and gotten adhesive from tape or the self sticking flap, guess who would have been responsible? Me.

Yes, customer requests are followed UNLESS there is a potential risk. There was probable risk for me to ship the insert in a flat/sandwiched cardboard sleeve box because of prior incidents.
    Stupid question but I have to ask.......... did she file a claim because the item was damaged during shipping or just upset because it wasn't packed the way she wanted? Seems like upset because she didn't like how it was packed ..........which is par for the course apparently from what I have read.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackamex View Post
    Stupid question but I have to ask.......... did she file a claim because the item was damaged during shipping or just upset because it wasn't packed the way she wanted? Seems like upset because she didn't like how it was packed ..........which is par for the course apparently from what I have read.
    ResO did not file a claim as far as we know.
    wyo: The combo of madman and filthyrear is too much.
    wyo: I don't mind a bit of trolling but it goes too far.

I see no problem with spending your money on something like this. It's your money. it does not matter. thats your call. if it is something that you want and you are willing to pay for it- fuck it- go for it. whatever makes you happy. That said:

i see fairly significant problems on both sides. on res0- its how she acted after the fact. on kpj: how he did not honor his listing (said would be in a shock) or his customers request (ship flat). additionally he has repeatedly said how reso had gone crazy via email/ pm/ whatever but has not shown any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    She asked that the insert be shipped flat, not in a softcase. Just looking at this from a retail background standpoint, the customer's request is always the most important thing. Whether it's wrong or right is not the issue. You can offer the alternative, but in the end the customer's choice is the final decision.
    this is the biggest problem to me. even when the customer is wrong, the customers wishes must be honored. If there was additional damage incurred while going against your customers wishes, it's on you dude. The lack of communication between you and your wife, kenny is the big problem and it lead you to make a 'field call'. when dealing in something for any amount of money (but especially higher dollar sales) you need to honor the customers requests. Communication is key and it was dropped.

Pics of the insert just before packaging/shipping:

that looks a little ill fitting. the label is peeking out over the top of the protective plastic layer. is there a thickness difference in the 2 styles of aes case? I dont have any handy to compare- but could have an effect on the spine section if it is different.

Quote Originally Posted by MuppeT View Post
    This is my other issue. the condition is terribly overstated. you have it listed as 'like new' and later on it says 'moderate wrinkling' and the wrinkling is pretty severe. no word on the staining on the back either. it's a lipstick on a pig situation.

And because it bears repeating- we still have not seen anything showing reso getting out of line with you while conducting your business. has reso gone off the deep end here lately? absolutely. has reso had a transaction go south and it was not really her fault? also yes. do her actions here have any bearing on how this transaction unfolded? absolutely not.
    Last edited by cdamm; 07-11-2016 at 10:05 PM.
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.

The b00bs.
    Z'OMG The B00BS!
    So ResO literally was just trying to be a drama Queen then?
    $800...... Kenny got the easiest $800 in the history of mankind...... >:[

Actually no fuck that, is Kenny so damn cheap he couldn't of actually put it in a damn New style AES case for REsO at least? For that kind of money! He could of shipped it like that for ResO or put it to the side in a box and tape the insert inside in between 2 pieces of card board???
    Last edited by StaticX; 07-11-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Mayor of Southtown

It took me a while to figure out what the problem even was with this transaction. I mean, yeah, dumb expensive paper insert with severe water damage, but this is NG.com. I've seen crazier things sell.

If I can say anything, Kenny was really upfront with the condition of his item, and his pictures show me that there is easily tons of wrinkling and creasing from the water damage. I really doubt if an additional crease or three was added by the old style case you'd even be able to find it.

Hey, to each their own. If ResO has $800 for this item, more power to her... Who am I to say how anyone should spend their money. I wouldn't personally consider this deal, but I've spent stupid money on thirty+ year old music equipment before that most people probably wouldn't take for free at a garage sale, so I also am no one to judge

Edit, sorry, her. I'm still adjusting to that. My apologies.
    Last edited by RabbitTroop; 07-11-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Critical Damage!
    Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post
    I see no problem with spending your money on something like this. It's your money.

If there was additional damage incurred while going against your customers wishes, it's on you dude.

This is my other issue. the condition is terribly overstated.
    Agree.
    Agree.
    Agree.

Ultimately if someone is making a request on shipping that I disagree with - I don't just do what I think is best - I talk it out, and if we can't come to agreement - I'm not shipping. People make requests all the time: I want signature, I want insurance, I want it in a box not a mailer, I want customs to say this, I want you to ship on this date, etc and etc.

I let the person know what it will cost to do it that way and if I can accommodate whatever the request is. If we agree on terms - there are messages to that effect. If we can't agree - I don't ship the item, then I refund their money.
    Currently dating: Jack Dempsey; a fish; recommended by fake madman

when a customer comes to me and demands a different (and sometimes dangerous) way to ship i let them know that the risk is on them. I let them have their way, but i will not be held responsible for anything that happens once it leaves my warehouse. 3/4 times they just took my advice. the 4th time.. well that wasn't my fault.

as long as the buyer knows the risks, let them have it however they want it. essentially an extension of the customer is always right (even when they are not really right).

Robert Garcia's Butler
    I understand where you are coming from as a seller- to minimize your risk. Based on what I read from ResO's posts, She knows exactly what she is buying so she is not complaining about the price or the condition of the insert.

Instead, she expected you to ship it flat (perhaps your wife and ResO have different interpretation of "flat parcel"?). It was the breach of shipping agreement that upset ResO.

As cdman pointed out, it seems like there is a communication breakdown among you, your wife and ResO. You could have talked it out with ResO before shipping.

kitkit.com - long time Neo Geo fan and game collector

Lasso Champion
    I understand where you are coming from as a seller- to minimize your risk. Based on what I read from ResO's posts, She knows exactly what she is buying so she is not complaining about the price or the condition of the insert.

Instead, she expected you to ship it flat (perhaps your wife and ResO have different interpretation of "flat parcel"?). It was the breach of shipping agreement that upset ResO.

As cdman pointed out, it seems like there is a communication breakdown among you, your wife and ResO. You could have talked it out with ResO before shipping.
    In the future, the polite thing to do is if you change the manner of shipping, let the customer know before its shipped, it lets them back out if they disagree. Buying/Selling, its all about agreement on the details, the transaction should not complete unless buyer and seller agree on everything.

However, the reaction.... is way overboard; all this warranted was just a comment in ebay's feedback. OTOH, unless new information comes to light, we have to assume ResO's not in the right frame of mind, so forgive her, and just keep her from causing harm to herself until things are balanced again.

formerly:
    Kenny Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post
    I see no problem with spending your money on something like this. It's your money. it does not matter. thats your call. if it is something that you want and you are willing to pay for it- fuck it- go for it. whatever makes you happy. That said:

i see fairly significant problems on both sides. on res0- its how she acted after the fact. on kpj: how he did not honor his listing (said would be in a shock) or his customers request (ship flat). additionally he has repeatedly said how reso had gone crazy via email/ pm/ whatever but has not shown any of that.

this is the biggest problem to me. even when the customer is wrong, the customers wishes must be honored. If there was additional damage incurred while going against your customers wishes, it's on you dude. The lack of communication between you and your wife, kenny is the big problem and it lead you to make a 'field call'. when dealing in something for any amount of money (but especially higher dollar sales) you need to honor the customers requests. Communication is key and it was dropped.

that looks a little ill fitting. the label is peeking out over the top of the protective plastic layer. is there a thickness difference in the 2 styles of aes case? I dont have any handy to compare- but could have an effect on the spine section if it is different.

This is my other issue. the condition is terribly overstated. you have it listed as 'like new' and later on it says 'moderate wrinkling' and the wrinkling is pretty severe. no word on the staining on the back either. it's a lipstick on a pig situation.

And because it bears repeating- we still have not seen anything showing reso getting out of line with you while conducting your business. has reso gone off the deep end here lately? absolutely. has reso had a transaction go south and it was not really her fault? also yes. do her actions here have any bearing on how this transaction unfolded? absolutely not.
    I will happily share more screen captures, but I'm in desperate need of some sleep and I'm hunting through pages of messages from ebay's website.

The 'like new' status was completely my error. I did not know that was chosen when the auction was created and is totally on me (it was that way for the entire duration of the listing, multiple years). That's not the relevant issue at hand; the buyer knew the condition of the insert. There were two pictures included in the auction listing. You can see the staining/rippling on the white side if you scroll down on the page. My screen capture (Apple's Grab) wouldn't allow me to get it all in one shot.

The pics I posted of the insert/box just before packaging were with the insert removed and ON TOP OF the case. It was not yet re-inserted at that point. You can see that it's not underneath the transparent vinyl cover.

(Starting to repeat myself, but I will do so again):

I do follow customer requests unless there is a potential risk (already explained). I stand by that decision. My wife is not at fault. She mentioned ahead of time to impressgames that it would probably ship in a flat(ter) container, but I chose otherwise upon packaging. Wifey is not aware of every little minute aspect that occurs with my sales/purchases. I was not going to ship out a $XXX valued insert with the possibility of it being damaged from inadequate packaging/handling upon arrival since the blame would fall on ME. I, the seller, am responsible for the item to arrive in the condition it was sold in. If it does not, I am vulnerable to a claim/chargeback. You can spout out that nonsensical "but I won't be held responsible for anything once it leave my warehouse" bullshit all you'd like; Paypal thinks, decides & rules otherwise. After shipping many, many, many other inserts in the past in the same manner WITHOUT issue, I chose to ship it the safest way I saw fit.....that was INSIDE A CASE SNK MANUFACTURED & USED TO SHIP THEIR GAMES/INSERTS FROM THE FACTORY.

The buyer's initial concern was that the insert NOT GET BENT by being in a thin, flat, fragile enveloped parcel AND being shoved recklessly in her mailbox. That's not how it would have ever been shipped. Once we told her the insert departed in an OS AES case, she changed her uproar to the bottom spine edge tearing, where the insert's spine edge goes to the front/back planes of the box. I know the dimensions of AES/MVS boxes and inserts....I've had a home console for well over 2 decades. I would have never placed the insert in a box of any kind had there been a chance of the bottom edge tearing. This particular insert has been in my possession for years and it's been in the exact same state as when it was received. I've handled it quite a number of times in order to take more detailed pictures for other interested parties.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

I will happily share more screen captures, but I'm in desperate need of some sleep and I'm hunting through pages of messages from ebay's website.

The 'like new' status was completely my error. I did not know that was chosen when the auction was created and is totally on me (it was that way for the entire duration of the listing, multiple years). That's not the relevant issue at hand; the buyer knew the condition of the insert. There were two pictures included in the auction listing. You can see the staining/rippling on the white side if you scroll down on the page. My screen capture (Apple's Grab) wouldn't allow me to get it all in one shot.

The pics I posted of the insert/box just before packaging were with the insert removed and ON TOP OF the case. It was not yet re-inserted at that point. You can see that it's not underneath the transparent vinyl cover.

(Starting to repeat myself, but I will do so again):

I do follow customer requests unless there is a potential risk (already explained). I stand by that decision. My wife is not at fault. She mentioned ahead of time to impressgames that it would probably ship in a flat(ter) container, but I chose otherwise upon packaging. Wifey is not aware of every little minute aspect that occurs with my sales/purchases. I was not going to ship out a $XXX valued insert with the possibility of it being damaged from inadequate packaging/handling upon arrival since the blame would fall on ME. I, the seller, am responsible for the item to arrive in the condition it was sold in. If it does not, I am vulnerable to a claim/chargeback. You can spout out that nonsensical "but I won't be held responsible for anything once it leave my warehouse" bullshit all you'd like; Paypal thinks, decides & rules otherwise. After shipping many, many, many other inserts in the past in the same manner WITHOUT issue, I chose to ship it the safest way I saw fit.....that was INSIDE A CASE SNK MANUFACTURED & USED TO SHIP THEIR GAMES/INSERTS FROM THE FACTORY.

The buyer's initial concern was that the insert NOT GET BENT by being in a thin, flat, fragile enveloped parcel AND being shoved recklessly in her mailbox. That's not how it would have ever been shipped. Once we told her the insert departed in an OS AES case, she changed her uproar to the bottom spine edge tearing, where the insert's spine edge goes to the front/back planes of the box. I know the dimensions of AES/MVS boxes and inserts....I've had a home console for well over 2 decades. I would have never placed the insert in a box of any kind had there been a chance of the bottom edge tearing. This particular insert has been in my possession for years and it's been in the exact same state as when it was received. I've handled it quite a number of times in order to take more detailed pictures for other interested parties.

I refuse to believe you have pages of correspondence to go through with the prices you charge on ebay.

I mean, you took the time to type this long winded post too.

That insert looks water damaged.
    All my tutorial videos, combo videos, bug video's and general gaming videos can be found on my youtube. Youtube.com/URLWK

Quote Originally Posted by loegan43 View Post
    I bet there's nothing like playing Street Fighter II with 9-buttons and a giant steering wheel pressed against your nuts.

Kyo's Flame

Thread Information