FLAIXNEOGEO COLLECTION (near aes usa fullset/cd usa fullset)

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Well, there’s no skill in building a collection if you have money….mmm… maybe not if you are a millionaire, but that’s not everyone’s reality on this hobby, and then there would be no merit or skill either on succeeding in doing anything you are gifted for or have a special talent for, which is not typically true.

Building a collection (of whatever) takes time, research, perseverance, dealing with timewasters and of course requires (more or less) money which can make things a lot easier, you have an obvious point there. I like collecting and most of the fun lies in the hunting, apart from the passion you may feel for the items you collect.

A Neo Geo collection, specially of 100% legit items (and more so in tip top condition) is not easy to build at all, it was not even that easy 10/15+ years ago. In fact it seems that nowadays it’s actually more challenging since I read the market has been flooded with fake stuff, so there you have a potential added challenge lol.

flaixneogeo

New Challenger
KOF97 Special edition CD Jap version arrived to my collection
kof97.jpg

And family pic of neo geo special CD Editions
cd family.jpg

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
What's that KoF '97 SE made up of? Never seen one of those before...

flaixneogeo

New Challenger
f6e0db2f03f089fede121381b6d6fd0c.jpg
3e1ec080f797028972f2f24cd43d49c3.jpg
f805d9b8ad161f8916696047eb2a44bb.jpg

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
One thing though - the price on the box of that "SE" says 2,000¥... KoF '97 CD had an original retail of 6,800¥ and there's no mention of it in any of the official Neo-Geo CD catalogues...

The T-Shirt may have been 2,000¥ on its own, however.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
One thing though - the price on the box of that "SE" says 2,000¥... KoF '97 CD had an original retail of 6,800¥ and there's no mention of it in any of the official Neo-Geo CD catalogues...

The T-Shirt may have been 2,000¥ on its own, however.

The OCR-affixed standard version JAN code T4953902910082 (function code "T" prefix) doesn't show any results via search engines, too. Seems to be quite old and maybe that's the reason.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The OCR-affixed standard version JAN code T4953902910082 (function code "T" prefix) doesn't show any results via search engines, too. Seems to be quite old and maybe that's the reason.

I'm afraid that I suspect someone has just stuffed a sealed copy of KoF '97 in with the t-shirt to make it look like a combo pack. I've never seen that combination previously either privatley or in public. That's not to say it isn't legit, but I'll continue to be sceptical until someone who I recognise as an "authority" confirms it is legit.

The whole 2,000¥ price tag is very suspicious.

flaixneogeo

New Challenger
And samurai shodown 2 clean kit? someone knows information???

Enviado desde mi SM-A300FU mediante Tapatalk

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'm sure I've seen another member of this forum with the Samurai Shodown 2 kit, but whether it's genuine SNK or something a retailer threw together, I don't know.

The only Japanese sets I know to be legit are KoF '95 (which was just a set of promo items given to pre-orders - no game), KoF '96 (which doesn't include the full game - it's a demo disc with artwork), AoF 3 Hoeh Hoeh box, and KoF '98 (one with a calendar included, and one where the calendar pack version came in a wooden box with a T-Shirt).

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I'm afraid that I suspect someone has just stuffed a sealed copy of KoF '97 in with the t-shirt to make it look like a combo pack. I've never seen that combination previously either privatley or in public. That's not to say it isn't legit, but I'll continue to be sceptical until someone who I recognise as an "authority" confirms it is legit.

The whole 2,000¥ price tag is very suspicious.

My thoughts as well, also the t-shirt looks pretty new to be around 20 years old.

flaixneogeo

New Challenger
The T-Shirt looks pretty new because its sealed and have a good conditions.
I'm sure they have games in Mint condition, and they are older than this T-shirt, not?

Last edited:

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Quite an awesome collection.

Last edited: