Neo Geo CD

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Is the faking of US Neo Geo CD games prevalent?

If so, is there a good way to tell (other than shitty print jobs, etc.)?

I'm looking to buy some games from overseas, but that always worries me.

Thanks.

edit: I found a thread from 2006, but things have changed since then.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
They're not being faked anymore AFAIK, but yes there are some very well done boots out there. The easiest thing is the print job on the CD itself, the majority of the fakes you can tell from that alone. Otherwise you really need to see the printing up close. Here is one resource that talks a bit about them: http://neogeocdworld.info/html/dossiers/copies.htm

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Check out this guy's bootleg gallery: http://skywaypro.bravehost.com/bg.html

Fakes are usually easy to see "FATAL FURRY" - lolz.

The KOF 94' is a good fake though.

There isn't much a market for fake Neo Geo CD games so it should be all good... for now.

Sword dude

n00b
Can Fake neo geo CD games have real packaging?

i have a US mutation nation with US packaging

Disc obviously fake but other than that the Manual is with orange inserts etc seems legit

The disc is obviously fake because it has an alternate disc art and the bar code near the center is a straight bar not a regular barcode

jtm9w2.jpg

s2s4tu.jpg

2qnbi87.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't own that particular game to verify, but that CD looks just like every other Mutation Nation CD I see from a quick image search of "Mutation Nation Neo CD"

Sword dude

n00b
I don't own that particular game to verify, but that CD looks just like every other Mutation Nation CD I see from a quick image search of "Mutation Nation Neo CD"

It's missing a piece of text near the middle upperpart and the barcode is a solid line near the middle of the disc

Also a Japanese disc in USa packaging is pretty strange, has anyone ever heard of that?

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
At least nobody ever bothered to bootlet pocket color games, right? There couldn't possibly be a big enough market for it.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
At least nobody ever bothered to bootlet pocket color games, right? There couldn't possibly be a big enough market for it.
wrong thread but no: NGPC bootlegs have not surfaced AFAIK.