Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 100

Thread: Actual, real Garou: MOTW 2 sprites revealed.

  1. #51
    Actual Musician
    Tung Fu ru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    CA Bay Area...I know it's spelled Tung Fu Rue, but I shortened it

    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Its clear that their direction is current hardware. In the very, very small chance MOTW2 gets finished, it would never see the light of day on actual Neo-Geo hardware.
    Agreed.

    Even if they could produce any new game on MVS or AES carts, why would they? How in the hell would that be cost effective for them? If they created any new games, I would only expect them to be on either current consoles or PC's. Anything else is not just unrealistic, but not profitable. Sure it would be cool, but come on.

    The argument that people here on NG would pay top dollar for a new cart I'm sure wouldn't mean shit to them. Why would it? Sorry guys it's a niche/dying market. The people on this forum aren't the only customers they would hope to have. If that was their goal, they already would be losing money as soon as they started production.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3430&dateline=1368194  997

  2. #52
    Legalize Ranch roker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit

    Posts
    14,740
    I hope after they release MOTW2 they'll do AOF4. I think it could sell a bajillion copies, they just need to fix the knockdowns and put it on a shiny AES cart and charge 1000 bucks for it.

  3. #53
    Super Spy Agent
    Jonmkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Planet Death

    Posts
    765
    Jesus that new chick looks dope as hell.

  4. #54
    Kyo's Flame
    ResO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Still gaming

    Posts
    8,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmkl View Post
    Jesus that new chick looks dope as hell.
    I just obviously agree 100%

  5. #55
    Host for Orochi

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    norcal

    Posts
    906
    great find and glad to hear things at snk are turning around for the better just bought a xbox one copy of gmotw for 5 bucks on live
    Neo Geo AES Serial # 029312 SOLD

  6. #56
    Morden's Lackey
    vaillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Germany

    Posts
    367
    is the second last one Antonov from the new KOF14?


  7. #57
    Galford's Poppy Trainer
    Wachenroder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Tung Fu ru View Post
    Agreed.

    Even if they could produce any new game on MVS or AES carts, why would they? How in the hell would that be cost effective for them? If they created any new games, I would only expect them to be on either current consoles or PC's. Anything else is not just unrealistic, but not profitable. Sure it would be cool, but come on.

    The argument that people here on NG would pay top dollar for a new cart I'm sure wouldn't mean shit to them. Why would it? Sorry guys it's a niche/dying market. The people on this forum aren't the only customers they would hope to have. If that was their goal, they already would be losing money as soon as they started production.
    A limited premium release for Neo Geo alongside other devices might work. Obviously making it exclusive to NEO GEO would be stupid but what about releasing it on PC PS4 XBONE NX AND NEO GEO?

    I dont know the specifics on manufacturing costs and what not but im sure there are a LOT of people who would be willing to pay a premium for an official SNK produced MotW 2 Neo Geo cart. I mean if they release it at standard price like $60 then yeah its probably not worth it but maybe if they were to charge a premium like a few hundred dollars a cart or something idk...

    Plus Neo-Geo.com is not the whole consumer base. I mean a lot of Neo owners are on here but you'd be crazy to think that this forum has anywhere close to everyone in the world.

    Not like I care either way. I don't own a Neo Geo and don't plan on buying one anytime soon. It would be awesome though. Same goes for SEGA NINTENDO and SONY. It would be cool for them to release new games on legacy consoles once in a while. Even at a premium.

  8. #58
    Axel's Trainer

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Louis

    Posts
    1,937
    ^ Just buying a home cart brand new when they were interested in releasing them was $340.00. Considering this would be a special release that would cost even more how much are people willing to pay for this reasonably? $500? $700?

  9. #59
    Galford's Poppy Trainer
    Wachenroder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Posts
    2,625
    Damn really?! Didnt know they were THAT expensive.

    Then yeah we're probably talking more then 500 dollars per cart at least...and who knows if that'll even be enough to cover manufacturing costs.....then again there's always China

  10. #60
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    814
    A simple typing of the six letters "neogeo" on google comes up with the usual eBay & Wikipedia entries and then the very first hit beneath those is this website. So for the record, this place may not be known to everyone in the video game world, but when anyone in the world searches, they find it immediately. So it is more powerful then most people might think.

    However, regardless of that, SNK making a Garou 2 game, or any other sequel for that matter to any neogeo game, would be unrecognizable with today's graphic artists & programmers. It would be 80% eye candy and 20% gameplay, just like every other cookie cutter Sony & Microsoft hardware based game out there. Absolute garbage. But that is the billion dollar video game industry today, and that is what sells every year. So obviously the world disagrees with me. But for me, it doesn't interest me in the least.

    Unless it was designed & programmed from 1990 - 2004 by SNK or one of its' third party licensees, then it's not a real neogeo game, and it never will be. You get together a small representative sample group of an original programming team and have them put together or finish up a neogeo hardware based game, then I'd probably buy it just out of curiosity & respect for the legacy. And I would gladly pay the $300 or $500 or whatever asking price for a cartridge. But I would never pay $50 for some PS4 or Xbox1 drink coaster. I wouldn't even take it for free.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  11. #61
    Mayor of Southtown

    RabbitTroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    2,668 miles from birth

    Posts
    13,910
    Man, that would be some shit, wouldn't it... If SNK decided to drop on us a cache of unreleased gems. It will never happen, of course, and the market here is nil. Absolutely nil. They'd struggle to sell 500 copies when they need to sell hundreds of thousands to justify their expenses and development these days... Opportunity cost and everything. Still, wouldn't that be something.

    Our best bet is if there are still unreleased, or almost finished games in archives somewhere that bubble to the surface. We'll be doing the rest of the releases here as a community, like with Ironclad and the beautiful labor of love, Crossed Swords 2... Not to mention the killer indie projects of Kurtz and the NG-Dev team. There is still hope that we find a few pieces of SNK history, and can do our own releases... I really hope there are a few more things found in finished or nearly finished states. Darkseed, was an eye opener of just how random some of these finds can be.

  12. #62
    Eager Beaver mastamuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    469
    If someone is willing to pay $600 for a Boot SSV-special I see no problem on selling a brand new official SNK-P GMOTW 2.

    No neo-geo.com is not the whole fanbase that is why there are other neogeo dedicated forums in English, French, Spanish that I know of who knows maybe there are even more, thinking that this is the only place is delusional.

  13. #63
    Kyo's Flame
    ResO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Still gaming

    Posts
    8,069
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    A simple typing of the six letters "neogeo" on google comes up with the usual eBay & Wikipedia entries and then the very first hit beneath those is this website. So for the record, this place may not be known to everyone in the video game world, but when anyone in the world searches, they find it immediately. So it is more powerful then most people might think.

    However, regardless of that, SNK making a Garou 2 game, or any other sequel for that matter to any neogeo game, would be unrecognizable with today's graphic artists & programmers. It would be 80% eye candy and 20% gameplay, just like every other cookie cutter Sony & Microsoft hardware based game out there. Absolute garbage. But that is the billion dollar video game industry today, and that is what sells every year. So obviously the world disagrees with me. But for me, it doesn't interest me in the least.

    Unless it was designed & programmed from 1990 - 2004 by SNK or one of its' third party licensees, then it's not a real neogeo game, and it never will be. You get together a small representative sample group of an original programming team and have them put together or finish up a neogeo hardware based game, then I'd probably buy it just out of curiosity & respect for the legacy. And I would gladly pay the $300 or $500 or whatever asking price for a cartridge. But I would never pay $50 for some PS4 or Xbox1 drink coaster. I wouldn't even take it for free.
    I don't see, say, Examu (Yuki Enterprises) finishing Samurai Shodown 5 Special Final being completely implausible. They're still very much an active company, and a person that I know that worked with them said they typically would have around 4 physical copies of unrealeased games intended for location tests and held on to everything. Maybe it wouldn't be a "new" title, but I know fans would eat that game up.

    I'll say though, i'd prefer a Garou MOTW with a larger roster. That game truly deserved a sequel.

  14. #64
    Super Spy Agent
    Jonmkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Planet Death

    Posts
    765
    As much as I'd love to see it, if SNK can't be bothered to invest in an Iron Galaxy / Marvel Origins / 3SOE quality online edition of any of their old games with high budget presentation and actually useable net code, then I doubt they'd go for doing something that obscure. Don't get me wrong I'm stoked about LB2 and MOTW getting PS4 / VITA releases, but they are blatant lowest-possible-budget releases.

    I mean jesus SNK, you can just license GGPO, you don't even have to MAKE the net code, just BUY IT! IT ALREADY EXISTS!
    Last edited by Jonmkl; 07-19-2016 at 02:01 PM.

  15. #65
    Mayor of Southtown

    RabbitTroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    2,668 miles from birth

    Posts
    13,910

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by mastamuzz View Post
    If someone is willing to pay $600 for a Boot SSV-special I see no problem on selling a brand new official SNK-P GMOTW 2.

    No neo-geo.com is not the whole fanbase that is why there are other neogeo dedicated forums in English, French, Spanish that I know of who knows maybe there are even more, thinking that this is the only place is delusional.
    Thinking SNK could sell more than a couple hundred copies of MOTW2 on MVS or AES is delusional. I don't care if you post about it on every forum that has even mentioned the letters SNK, there just aren't that many people out there to recoup the price of doing this game by a big company.

    SNK is not in the market of boutique runs for niche gamers. They want to sell big on current gen and relevant platforms in order to actually survive as a company, and not die a third death.

  16. #66
    Mayor of Southtown

    RabbitTroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    2,668 miles from birth

    Posts
    13,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmkl View Post
    As much as I'd love to see it, if SNK can't be bothered to invest in an Iron Galaxy / Marvel Origins / 3SOE quality online edition of any of their old games with high budget presentation and actually useable net code, then I doubt they'd go for doing something that obscure. Don't get me wrong I'm stoked about LB2 and MOTW getting PS4 / VITA releases, but they are blatant lowest-possible-budget releases.

    I mean jesus SNK, you can just license GGPO, you don't even have to MAKE the net code, just BUY IT! IT ALREADY EXISTS!
    Are you really stoked for Last Blade 2 and MOTW on yet another platform? Why? We've had MOTW dumped on every platform from here to Dreamcast. Last Blade 2 not as often, but it's been available. Hard to get excited at all over yet another ROM dump with a shitty emulator wrapped around it on yet another platform. No matter how much I like the original games, and played them years ago, it's time to move on.

  17. #67
    Mayor of Southtown

    RabbitTroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    2,668 miles from birth

    Posts
    13,910
    Quote Originally Posted by vaillian View Post
    is the second last one Antonov from the new KOF14?

    Holy shit, three posts... Whatever, last one for now. I think you might be on to something with this one. Especially with all the fan service they're playing in 14's lineup. Even his belt is similar (though, not quite as over the top as in KoF)... That's definitely an interesting possibility.

  18. #68
    Galford's Poppy Trainer
    Wachenroder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitTroop View Post
    Holy shit, three posts... Whatever, last one for now. I think you might be on to something with this one. Especially with all the fan service they're playing in 14's lineup. Even his belt is similar (though, not quite as over the top as in KoF)... That's definitely an interesting possibility.
    With this game I often find myself asking "why didnt they just use .....insert character.... instead of creating a new one?"

    Like this guy clearly reminds me of Krauser. Not necessarily the way he plays but his place in the game. So why didnt they just use Krauser?

  19. #69
    Legalize Ranch roker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit

    Posts
    14,740
    I was joking a bit above. But on the real now that we've seen these, where are the mythical LB3 sprites hiding?

  20. #70
    Eager Beaver mastamuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    469

    icon25.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitTroop View Post
    Thinking SNK could sell more than a couple hundred copies of MOTW2 on MVS or AES is delusional. I don't care if you post about it on every forum that has even mentioned the letters SNK, there just aren't that many people out there to recoup the price of doing this game by a big company.
    I think this has been very clear for the last 13 years since we saw the last game come out, obviously we are just fantasizing here to think this was serious is delusional

    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitTroop View Post
    SNK is not in the market of boutique runs for niche gamers. They want to sell big on current gen and relevant platforms in order to actually survive as a company, and not die a third death.
    If with this you mean cell phones and pachislot (not even anymore) then you may be right.
    Last edited by mastamuzz; 07-20-2016 at 11:34 PM.

  21. #71
    Mayor of Southtown

    RabbitTroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    2,668 miles from birth

    Posts
    13,910
    Quote Originally Posted by mastamuzz View Post
    If with this you mean cell phones and pachislot (not even anymore) then you may be right.
    Sadly, but yes. Mobile gaming is relevant and profitable. Neo Geo is not.

  22. #72
    Super Spy Agent
    Jonmkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Planet Death

    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitTroop View Post
    Are you really stoked for Last Blade 2 and MOTW on yet another platform? Why? We've had MOTW dumped on every platform from here to Dreamcast. Last Blade 2 not as often, but it's been available. Hard to get excited at all over yet another ROM dump with a shitty emulator wrapped around it on yet another platform. No matter how much I like the original games, and played them years ago, it's time to move on.
    Yeah, I actually am, because I will be able to play it online with my friends who I introduced to MOTW and LB2 on the Neo Geo just a few years ago. They never played them on those systems, they weren't familiar with Neo Geo at all despite being the same age as me, but they got super into the games when they got to play them because they're a lot of fun, and we play them every month or two now. Same thing happened when LB2 came out on PS4, ton of people who had never seen the game, saw the game on streams and the like, were blown away by it, and picked up copies.

    We don't move on from good films or good music, so why would it be time to move on from good games? You're on a Neo Geo forum in the year 2016 for godsake. It's not not like I don't play modern games when they're good, I'm just happy that games I love are sticking around so that more people can see and experience them, and so I can share them with my friends.

  23. #73
    King of Typists
    Shito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    RetroFuture

    Posts
    9,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmkl View Post
    We don't move on from good films or good music, so why would it be time to move on from good games?
    Now this is what I call a good point. :-)
    J'y gagne, dit le renard, ŕ cause de la couleur du blé...

    Mais si elle l'aimait, elle n'était libre de rien.


    凄いゲームを、連れて帰ろう。
    "NEO·GEO is the most important of unimportant things." - Fran

  24. #74
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner
    Mosque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida

    Posts
    234
    brings a salty tear to mah eye...

  25. #75
    Cham Cham's Banana
    DracoBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco

    Posts
    151
    I was actually fortunate enough to have met Yasayuki Oda (Director of MOTW and current director of KOF XIV) via a translator and had a few words about MOTW. You can tell he cherishes the memories of working on that game though it sounded pretty grueling in terms of the technical hardships working with the NG hardware and breaking it constantly.

    I genuinely think he's not only aware of the passion we have for Garou but is actively looking into how he can continue it. Though I think it might even be better/more likely just to reboot the Fatal Fury series in some capacity. (though I would be sad, I want to play as Rock again

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •