Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 155

Thread: Actual, real Garou: MOTW 2 sprites revealed.

  1. #126
    Another Striker
    SignOfZeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    327
    I don’t understand what this is (a mock-up based on a poll...what?) but I hope we don’t see any more of it.

    Why are the characters smaller than before even with the screen wider? Whalers on the moon here...

  2. #127
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by SignOfZeta View Post
    I don’t understand what this is (a mock-up based on a poll...what?) but I hope we don’t see any more of it.
    If the neogeo company open their locker room of junk data people will stop.
    It's a shame we are in 2021 and neogeo doesn´t take off the dam data already.
    A few already have all the data from old and new consoles in private and the only one still not came off is neogeo.
    Neogeo is already dead for so long "17 YEARS!"
    If they want money, just release it, even incomplete, sell them copies in all the japanese stores.
    Get the money as you can, people still want to complete the carts 100%.
    Enough waiting.

    SNK doesn´t realize how good is having a fullset of neogeo at home? Why new console?
    Everytime they find one proto dumped in roms, they multiply millions of copies and SNK loses again.
    Last edited by geladobom; 01-26-2021 at 04:24 AM.

  3. #128
    Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!
    Fygee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Posts
    2,731
    Within the lens of it just being concept art for the fun of it, I think it looks neat.

    Not sure how keen I would be if, though some miracle, the game were to be made by them.

    Safe bet anyone here will win the lottery before that happens though.

    Quote Originally Posted by geladobom View Post
    If the neogeo company open their locker room of junk data people will stop.
    It's a shame we are in 2021 and neogeo doesn´t take off the dam data already.
    A few already have all the data from old and new consoles in private and the only one still not came off is neogeo.
    Neogeo is already dead for so long "17 YEARS!"
    If they want money, just release it, even incomplete, sell them copies in all the japanese stores.
    Get the money as you can, people still want to complete the carts 100%.
    Enough waiting.

    SNK doesn´t realize how good is having a fullset of neogeo at home? Why new console?
    Everytime they find one proto dumped in roms, they multiply millions of copies and SNK loses again.
    Not too clear on what your saying, but if you're implying that SNK should open the floodgates to their data archives, they apparently haven't been all that great when it comes to retaining betas, protos, unreleased titles, etc.

    I've read plenty of stories over the years where they lost a lot of their data archives during their bankruptcy when they were acquired by Aruze.
    Last edited by Fygee; 01-26-2021 at 02:53 PM.

  4. #129
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    I've read plenty of stories over the years where they lost a lot of their data archives during their bankruptcy when they were acquired by Aruze.
    Whats up Fygee. I’ll admit I was fully convinced of this for 20 years...until Brandon Sheffield simply asked Kouji Takaya about Samurai Shodown V Perfect and the dev was able to actually recover a copy that he had after all these years lol Had Brandon never knew/thought to ask about it the rom would never have seen the light of day; I figure anything seems possible after that event (https://mobile.twitter.com/necrosoft...72772928462849)

    If SSVP managed to survive, then who knows what other game data/roms have been sitting in storage somewhere. Hopefully, we get a chance to enjoy some of those lost titles. Especially ones that were location tested such as the aforementioned SSVP or even the neogeo beat em up: Ninja Gaiden II (https://lostmediawiki.com/Ninja_Gaid..._sequel;_1994)
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 01-26-2021 at 03:29 PM.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  5. #130
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Not too clear on what your saying, but if you're implying that SNK should open the floodgates to their data archives, they apparently haven't been all that great when it comes to retaining betas, protos, unreleased titles, etc.
    I've read plenty of stories over the years where they lost a lot of their data archives during their bankruptcy when they were acquired by Aruze.
    Losing their datas and they dumped SSVP, LOL just LOL. Believe in gnomes.
    NeoGeo have great games, it deserves to be closed and show the world the last stuff.
    If SNK Can´t we need to wait for someone outside of SNK company to delivery a CD-ROM/DVD with everything?
    Some backup never lost, even a worker from tesla stole the software and it gets fired.
    Or... xacrow... maybe is reputation will not sued anymore, we are in 2021.
    Warlocks of the Fates released in the first magazine and still not public? WOW!
    I saw that game in 1997 in Portugal in front of my eyes in a Arcade Machine and i saw them playing even neoxyx, and it was illegal to put on a café. It was only one week and it dissapear.

    I want first people get this games, buy them in carts and then the game be dumped with no problems at all with licences.
    Patience, pray and waiting is all that matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Whats up Fygee. I’ll admit I was fully convinced of this for 20 years...until Brandon Sheffield simply asked Kouji Takaya about Samurai Shodown V Perfect and the dev was able to actually recover a copy that he had after all these years lol Had Brandon never knew/thought to ask about it the rom would never have seen the light of day; I figure anything seems possible after that event (https://mobile.twitter.com/necrosoft...72772928462849)

    If SSVP managed to survive, then who knows what other game data/roms have been sitting in storage somewhere. Hopefully, we get a chance to enjoy some of those lost titles. Especially ones that were location tested such as the aforementioned SSVP or even the neogeo beat em up: Ninja Gaiden II (https://lostmediawiki.com/Ninja_Gaid..._sequel;_1994)
    Thanks for the info's.
    Was need a stupid event to release the game?
    Kouji Takaya must have all the rest.
    A friend of mine from (Torre di Pisa, you managed what county is), just told me there is a nother private tracker from the creator of underground gamer (already dead), it have all the lost data, but he can´t send me the name of the website and it told me we need a http secret key is generated by my self using the permission of the author, to access in to the private tracker. Wow. And told me it had the entrance for so long when underground gamer was alive. I was asking to him to get the private data from neogeo and it told me it can´t, because can lose is account forever. Why???? I do not get it. I try to ask is name but still doesn´t tell me, it doesn´t stop talking about the emulators is compiling.
    I ask again and it told me there is nothing interresting inside of that private tracker, LOL.
    If you guys know it, please tell me at least the name in private.

    I'm sorry if i talk to much, this neogeo thing make me nervous since i knew neogeo since 1994 as a little kid and i play it on neomania by Hyper M.A.R. It was so good looking to them.
    Last edited by geladobom; 01-26-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: I'm a little pig

  6. #131
    Another Striker
    SignOfZeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    327
    I agree partially with what you are saying but most of the stuff you want them to come up with is nearly useless. The game Brandon dug up was very very close to done, on location test, and then he wrote the translated text. I don’t know how many games exist like that, hidden or not, likely none. I’m enough of a fan to get excited about almost anything new to me, but only so many people want to flip through an abandoned zip file of half colored sprites or assembly code. Anything playable is so unlikely.

  7. #132
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by SignOfZeta View Post
    I agree partially with what you are saying but most of the stuff you want them to come up with is nearly useless. The game Brandon dug up was very very close to done, on location test, and then he wrote the translated text. I don’t know how many games exist like that, hidden or not, likely none. I’m enough of a fan to get excited about almost anything new to me, but only so many people want to flip through an abandoned zip file of half colored sprites or assembly code. Anything playable is so unlikely.
    Check HBMAME homebrews and prototypes in there. For them is useless. They will add more games if anyone find those too. There is even demo's from cartoons intro like teenage mutant ninja turtles and they all work on the japan bios. That is already stuff, or maybe the mame devs have all the data and they are releasing slowly... as i can see, i know they had hundreads of dumped games still not released and hidden from everyone in this planet.
    Saidaiojou is a nother example. They won´t came off untill the 10 years passes out for the contract of the company expires up, the older more older games only xacrow and is gang have the stuff. We don´t need to ask them for anything. We are looking as it is, we know what is happening.
    Last edited by geladobom; 01-27-2021 at 03:32 AM.

  8. #133
    B. Jenet's Firstmate

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    404
    I think that the "these were prototype characters for MOTW1" theory is a probably right.

    There's a lot of art drift in MOTW. Some of the characters look WAY better than others, and you can tell that a lot of these characters have no detail in them at all. I think they were concepts that got dumped when they made the original game. If not, holy crap, their art was going downhill fast.

  9. #134
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    I still believe those 6 charathers plus Mr. Karate are responsible for Garou 2 Prototype. We never know until is here.

  10. #135
    Another Striker
    SignOfZeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by geladobom View Post
    Check HBMAME homebrews and prototypes in there. For them is useless. They will add more games if anyone find those too. There is even demo's from cartoons intro like teenage mutant ninja turtles and they all work on the japan bios. That is already stuff, or maybe the mame devs have all the data and they are releasing slowly... as i can see, i know they had hundreads of dumped games still not released and hidden from everyone in this planet.
    Saidaiojou is a nother example. They won´t came off untill the 10 years passes out for the contract of the company expires up, the older more older games only xacrow and is gang have the stuff. We don´t need to ask them for anything. We are looking as it is, we know what is happening.
    Hundreds of dumped games? From ROMs? So SNK didn’t release %90 of what they developed?

    I know from a recent interview that there was at one point an internal KOF ‘98 “plus” so to speak that had Ken and Ryu in it and for sure I would like to see that but it was never on any kind of ROM that could actually be dumped by a MAME volunteer. It would be something only an SNK or an employee could produce...and of course that one would have copyright issues...that almost certainly make it not worth doing on anything but maybe a CVS/SvC collection. It also probably sucks, probably uses SF Zero sprites.

  11. #136
    King's Dry Cleaner

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    nowhereland

    Posts
    387
    To all the asshats saying that mock up looks shitty it looks vastly better than any 3d SNK game ever made outside of Samurai Showdown.

  12. #137
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by SignOfZeta View Post
    Hundreds of dumped games? From ROMs? So SNK didn’t release %90 of what they developed?
    Not "partically games" but at least demos and demonstrations... unfinished games and etc...

  13. #138
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    I think that the "these were prototype characters for MOTW1" theory is a probably right.

    There's a lot of art drift in MOTW. Some of the characters look WAY better than others, and you can tell that a lot of these characters have no detail in them at all. I think they were concepts that got dumped when they made the original game. If not, holy crap, their art was going downhill fast.
    Hey whats up bulbousbeard. Those revealed character sprites are definitely not from MotW1 since many of them are from post MotW ending/plot developments. The identity of some of the characters from the sprite table was revealed during an interview in a 4gamer TGS2016 stream.



    The female in the bottom row (third from left) is Joe's female student.

    The young boxer character (bottom row, second from left) is an ally with Kain and Rock (apparently a manager/caretaker for Rock).

    Gato's father is also present in the sprites (bottom right).

    Also, Gato's sprite have his eyes modified to reflect the events from his ending.

    Source:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GznFMtbgeg*
    *jump to 3:56:00
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 01-31-2021 at 08:25 AM.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  14. #139
    BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!
    Ip Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kowloon

    Posts
    4,245
    I'm still surprised at this reveal. It's nothing like the rumours but more of a Street Fighter 3 Second Impact/Third Strike kind of sequel. Would of loved Garou 2 be very different from the first game in a different timeline, game mechanics and even art style. But at the same time I want to know more about those new characters.

  15. #140
    B. Jenet's Firstmate

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Hey whats up bulbousbeard. Those revealed character sprites are definitely not from MotW1 since many of them are from post MotW ending/plot developments. The identity of some of the characters from the sprite table was revealed during an interview in a 4gamer TGS2016 stream.



    The female in the bottom row (third from left) is Joe's female student.

    The young boxer character (bottom row, second from left) is an ally with Kain and Rock (apparently a manager/caretaker for Rock).

    Gato's father is also present in the sprites (bottom right).

    Also, Gato's sprite have his eyes modified to reflect the events from his ending.

    Source:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GznFMtbgeg*
    *jump to 3:56:00
    That makes sense. I'm just going to assume those were super early/unfinished graphics then, because they really don't look very impressive.

  16. #141
    B. Jenet's Firstmate

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by ysselcneogeo View Post
    To all the asshats saying that mock up looks shitty it looks vastly better than any 3d SNK game ever made outside of Samurai Showdown.
    Modern SNK being dog crap doesn't mean that the mock up isn't also a turd. I'm saying it: Lizardcube are hacks. Good artists would actually try to be faithful to a property--not impose their own tacky style onto every single thing they touch.

    That's what hack jobs do. Look at their games. There's NO aesthetic variation. Everything looks like the same cheap ass TV cartoon quality crap.

    Streets of Rage and Garou shouldn't have the same exact art style.

    I can't be the only one pining for the days when games actually had individual identities.

  17. #142
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Your video is in private, so i can´t see.

  18. #143
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by geladobom View Post
    Your video is in private, so i can´t see.
    Dammit. You’re right. 4Gamer went ahead and made the vid private. That’s a shame; it had a lot of great incites.

    I’ll check and see if there is an alt I can share.

    Edit:

    This article has the information regarding Garou Mark of the Wolves 2 that was in their video. Scroll down a bit for the section concerning the Garou 2 sprites and the character information they shared during the reveal:

    https://www.4gamer.net/games/317/G031749/20160917010/
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 02-02-2021 at 04:33 PM.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  19. #144
    Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!
    Fygee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Whats up Fygee. I’ll admit I was fully convinced of this for 20 years...until Brandon Sheffield simply asked Kouji Takaya about Samurai Shodown V Perfect and the dev was able to actually recover a copy that he had after all these years lol Had Brandon never knew/thought to ask about it the rom would never have seen the light of day; I figure anything seems possible after that event (https://mobile.twitter.com/necrosoft...72772928462849)

    If SSVP managed to survive, then who knows what other game data/roms have been sitting in storage somewhere. Hopefully, we get a chance to enjoy some of those lost titles. Especially ones that were location tested such as the aforementioned SSVP or even the neogeo beat em up: Ninja Gaiden II (https://lostmediawiki.com/Ninja_Gaid..._sequel;_1994)
    No doubt there's treasures to be found out there, but the ROM was recovered by pure luck in that it was privately stored on a hard drive due to one of the devs holding onto it. It wasn't archived in any official manner, which even if SNK had great archives, probably still wouldn't have been since it was developed under the table without SNKP's approval.

    The problem is SNK's official data archives, which as I mentioned, appear to not be very good in terms of anything that went unreleased, be it protos, betas, cancelled titles, etc.

    Its difficult for any one of us to know that 100%, but there's been enough staff interviews in the past I've read over the years that indicate they lost a lot of that stuff in the early 00s when SNK first went belly up.

  20. #145
    . geladobom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portugal

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    No doubt there's treasures to be found out there, but the ROM was recovered by pure luck in that it was privately stored on a hard drive due to one of the devs holding onto it. It wasn't archived in any official manner, which even if SNK had great archives, probably still wouldn't have been since it was developed under the table without SNKP's approval.

    The problem is SNK's official data archives, which as I mentioned, appear to not be very good in terms of anything that went unreleased, be it protos, betas, cancelled titles, etc.

    Its difficult for any one of us to know that 100%, but there's been enough staff interviews in the past I've read over the years that indicate they lost a lot of that stuff in the early 00s when SNK first went belly up.
    Pure Luck you said. SNK is trolling.

  21. #146
    Who?
    Atro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Game Room.

    Posts
    8,708
    Quote Originally Posted by geladobom View Post
    Warlocks of the Fates released in the first magazine and still not public? WOW!
    I saw that game in 1997 in Portugal in front of my eyes in a Arcade Machine and i saw them playing even neoxyx, and it was illegal to put on a café. It was only one week and it dissapear.
    Care to tell where was this? I know a few big operators. If that cart hasn't been raided yet, I might be able to at least inquire about it.

  22. #147
    NEST Puppet
    Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    189
    Honestly this is mindblowing. I think the capoeira girl and the guy in the dark suit probably would have been a lot of fun.

  23. #148

    yagamikun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh

    Posts
    1,710
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Dammit. You’re right. 4Gamer went ahead and made the vid private. That’s a shame; it had a lot of great incites.

    I’ll check and see if there is an alt I can share.

    Edit:

    This article has the information regarding Garou Mark of the Wolves 2 that was in their video. Scroll down a bit for the section concerning the Garou 2 sprites and the character information they shared during the reveal:

    https://www.4gamer.net/games/317/G031749/20160917010/
    From the link:

    "Since the beetles were distributed in-house, it was mentioned that many staff members were raising beetles at their desks in the latter half of the development of "KOF XIV" ."

    I guess SNK was raising beetles during the development of KOF14? Gotta love Google Translate.

  24. #149
    Another Striker
    SignOfZeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by geladobom View Post
    Pure Luck you said. SNK is trolling.
    It wasn’t exactly pure luck. It’s not like it turned up in a box of carts on YAJ. It was found by someone (a contractor of a contractor) doing research for the SS Collection. He wasn’t looking for this game (I don’t think) but he was looking. I think anyone who bothered to interview the guy properly could have talked it out of him eventually...but SNK fans are more likely to spent $10,000 on a cart than they are to think of anyone who actually made the things...
    Last edited by SignOfZeta; 02-13-2021 at 03:10 PM.

  25. #150
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by yagamikun View Post
    From the link:

    "Since the beetles were distributed in-house, it was mentioned that many staff members were raising beetles at their desks in the latter half of the development of "KOF XIV" ."

    I guess SNK was raising beetles during the development of KOF14? Gotta love Google Translate.
    lol That’s actually what happened. In the old full interview video I believe it was Neo-G who was stated to be a bit of a beetle otaku since he was raising them and they overbred so he distributed them to employees

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •