Actual, real Garou: MOTW 2 sprites revealed.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
001.jpg

Source:

http://www.orochinagi.com/2016/06/garou2-sprites-revealed?fb_ref=Default

Interview is with Oda and is in Japanese. Hopefully The Professor can translate it.

That officially puts the kibosh on that "proto" screen with Mr. Karate being legit.

Its pretty awesome that Oda was able to release this, and you definitely get a feel that with him and his team there, its a bit like the old SNK again. You can tell they really give a shit and care about the history of the company and their work there.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
This is awesome. Also waiting for the translation of the interview. Heartwarming to see that someone actually cares about his company's history.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
The palette swaps were kept to a minimum for once.

Looks kind of awesome.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
He doesn't mention much of it, just a mention of the sequel to Garou. The text under the picture of the characters says that production was about halfway complete and the new characters are along the bottom along with the boss character Cain on the left.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Damn, well this is pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing. I hope one day we'll see some sort of new MotW game.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Brilliant
Edit: tho a little bland. There's nothing really here. The only character design that looks new and excellent is the last one at the bottom on the right (he is new right?).

But it is heartwarming to get info on this mythic creature after so long. Personally I find it surprising and yet classic gaming being so in vogue these days maybe I shouldn't

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Thanks bro! I love this kind of stuff :buttrock:

2 of the 6 new characters kinda remind me of Kim Kaphwan's sons. They dress similarly and all (same shoes, etc...).

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Srsly, I play a ColecoVision all the time. I'm not a graphix whore.

Brilliant
Edit: tho a little bland. There's nothing really here. The only character design that looks new and excellent is the last one at the bottom on the right (he is new right?).

But it is heartwarming to get info on this mythic creature after so long. Personally I find it surprising and yet classic gaming being so in vogue these days maybe I shouldn't
I feel the same way, maybe my eyes are getting worse but it didn't look like anything all that impressive.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Very cool find.
I kind of find the new characters uninspired though.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Holy hell finally!

Some of those new characters look pretty meh but still glad to finally see actual news on it.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Third character along the bottom a pupil of joe's maybe?

Cool to see nonetheless.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Second to the last guy on the bottom row reminds me of Brian Hawk from Hajime no Ippo.

char_26674.jpg

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Xacrow should put his money where his mouth is and show his "copy"

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Amazing to finally see something of the follow up to one of my all time favourite games. Not that it will ever happen, but I can't think of anything I'd rather see completed and released. Tie this in with the thread elsewhere on the forum fantasising of a return to SNK home cart releases and you'd have a dream come true scenario.

Last edited:

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Awesome! Knowing MOTW 2 was a real game in development and never finished makes me sad.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
is there any chance of this being faked?. because this is not what i was expecting motw 2 sprites to look like. wasn't motw 2 supposed to have completely different characters from the first game, and have a older, wiser rock howard?. i remember rumours about motw 2 being far fetched as how terry wasn't even going to be in the game, and how rock was going to take his place as the main character. to me this just looks like a chart of all the characters that made it to the first game, and the ones at the bottom are the ones that were rejected. but yeah, if this is legit, i want to know more about the kick boxer in orange. one thing that was missing in motw was a kick boxer.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
It's not faked as the image was provided by Oda. How far they were into development and the odds that these sprites were final is another matter.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Very cool, this interview could become the best ad for 14 yet, there's so much love & dedication... and that "capoeira dancer" chara is a great concept idea, always liked Salgueiro's moves.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
is there any chance of this being faked?. because this is not what i was expecting motw 2 sprites to look like. wasn't motw 2 supposed to have completely different characters from the first game, and have a older, wiser rock howard?. i remember rumours about motw 2 being far fetched as how terry wasn't even going to be in the game, and how rock was going to take his place as the main character. to me this just looks like a chart of all the characters that made it to the first game, and the ones at the bottom are the ones that were rejected. but yeah, if this is legit, i want to know more about the kick boxer in orange. one thing that was missing in motw was a kick boxer.

I can see where you are coming from as its quite surprising all the characters made it part 2, especially the 2 boss ones which doesnt make too much sense but it is what it is.