Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What's the most you've ever spent on a single video game title?

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Most I spend was close to 700$ for my Neo Geo cabinet(SCB-U4) it came with Magical Drop 3, Neo Turf Masters, Neo World Cup 98 and SNKG Pulstar. Second was my AES that was CIB and had boxed Hori Fighting Stick 2 and bunch of games(LB1(JPN),Spinmasters..) that was like 600$. Other than those maybe Windjammers MVS partial kit or MS3 hologram full kit were like 120-130$. When I buy SFC game for 2$ it makes sense. You are buying something fun for couple dollars but spending hundreds of dollars on collectibles always makes me question my sanity.

Crazed MVS Addict

Those aren't bad prices at all, really. Was the AES Japanese or just the one game?

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Was it sealed? Last time I looked, they were like $450-500, meaning you overpaid by $400...

Jon
    I am talking about the japanese version. If this is the one you were referring to then clearly the last time you looked was several years ago. The japanese version of the game in good condition with spin / reg card / insert is never available below $750. Mine was mint. A sealed one is definitely beyond 2000$ in my view.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by enix2093 View Post
    Those aren't bad prices at all, really. Was the AES Japanese or just the one game?
    Yeah, the AES was JPN and also King of Monster 2.

Little Samson and Panzer Dragoon Saga falls into same category than Chrono Trigger. Rare games that everyone seems to have in their collections.

This Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru seems rareish with 7500 copies made but even now there is 10 copies in Ebay. If that would be on Playstation and it would be like 10-20 dollars I would buy that. Nice looking kinda bizarre game but several hundreds for cd game.. yeah no!
    Last edited by godzilla43; 03-06-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Camel Slug

699 on Skycurser kit, at least it came with a hardware platform I guess

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

Razion MVS for me, however after paying the import taxes, the NeoSD tops Razion.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla43 View Post
    Yeah, the AES was JPN and also King of Monster 2.

Little Samson and Panzer Dragoon Saga falls into same category than Chrono Trigger. Rare games that everyone seems to have in their collections.
    There are 100,000's of copies of Chrono Trigger on SNES. There is nothing rare about Chrono trigger.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Astra Superstar

$900 on US Garou AES was by far the most I ever spent, but back then I was on a kick to have all the US versions of the Fatal Fury series. In hindsight I'm glad I sold my AES collection and honestly have never looked back. I'd much rather have infinite credits playing it on my 360 than having 4 on AES.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    There are 100,000's of copies of Chrono Trigger on SNES. There is nothing rare about Chrono trigger.
    "Rare games" that everyone seems to have in their collections. Understand now?

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla43 View Post
    "Rare games" that everyone seems to have in their collections. Understand now?
    By definition, it's not rare.
    Highly desirable or highly collectible is not rare.

You can be rare + highly collectible. Like PDS
    Last edited by NeoSneth; 03-06-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Switch

Probably KOF XI on Atomiswave. I don't remember the exact price but I think it was about $600.

Crazed MVS Addict

top 3:

1.Metal Slug 2 JPN AES: $400
    2. Metal Slug 3 JPN AES: $350
    3. Garou MotW JPN AES: $300

12 years ago? I stopped collecting in 2016.

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Flagshiphero View Post
    top 3:

1.Metal Slug 2 JPN AES: $400
    2. Metal Slug 3 JPN AES: $350
    3. Garou MotW JPN AES: $300

12 years ago? I stopped collecting in 2016.
    I forgot Metal Slug X JPN AES, wasd around $350 as well. Damn I've been out of ths for too long already lolz

It's funny how $600 for a Neo Geo game is rather normal, but $600 for Panzer Dragon Saga is ludicrous.

Switch

Quote Originally Posted by tomlee80 View Post
    Most I've spent on a Neo Geo game was £50 for KOF 2002 MVS (Jap cart only) in January 2014.

The rest of my Neo Games were:

Super Spy AES (Boxed with manual): £38 (2012)
    Baseball Stars AES (Boxed with manual): £27 (2013)

Super Sidekicks 2 MVS (Cart only): £16.99 (2013)
    Ultimate 11 MVS (Cart only) £30.99 (2013)
    Metal Slug MVS (Cart only) £29.00 (2013)
    Jockey Grand Prix MVS (Full kit with hopper cable) £20 (2014)
    Aero Fighters 2/Sonic Wings 2 MVS (Cart Only) £31 (2016)
    Hello, can I get exact dates of when you bought these carts? I'm curious as I'm sure no one else gives a fuck about your other carts.
    The thread is for what was the most you paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Crazed MVS Addict

It's funny how $600 for a Neo Geo game is rather normal, but $600 for Panzer Dragon Saga is ludicrous.
    oh, it will get normal soon enough.

Rugal's Thug

Most I ever spent on a single game (not systems or hardware) would probably be SF III 3rd Strike set which I splurged $350 (can't remember exactly) back in mid-2000's ended up swapping it for a bunch of stuff.

Semi-relatedly; Like probably quite a few people on here; I have a bit of a large CD collection, Mainly on Saturn / PCE / Sega CD -mostly from purchases back in the 90's/early 00's. Kind of scary how much some of it is worth now (SFZ3/Panzer Dragoon Saga/various shmups). I'm getting concerned about disk-rot. My PAL copy of Keio Flying Squadron 2 is already fucked because of it (held up to the light, you can see little pinprick holes corroded through the data layer). Anybody else worried about that?

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by J-P View Post
    My PAL copy of Keio Flying Squadron 2 is already fucked because of it (held up to the light, you can see little pinprick holes corroded through the data layer). Anybody else worried about that?
    Hopefully someone releases an SSD3 for the Mega CD....
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

This. I guess it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I've spent a good amount of money on Aes games in the past but probably not as much as someone who collects shtmup pcb's.

Disc Rot should not be a problem with good pressings. This is more of an issue on CDR's than commercially pressed games.

It's not the same as laserdisc rot as that was mainly due to adhesive between the two layers.

Switch

Cholecystectomy Required.

Disc Rot should not be a problem with good pressings. This is more of an issue on CDR's than commercially pressed games.

It's not the same as laserdisc rot as that was mainly due to adhesive between the two layers.

True, but saturn games are apparantly more prone to disc rot from what i hear. a big factor in me not going after those $200+ games like battle garegga and PDS.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

If we're looking at a single title overall, probably either Warframe or The Old Republic via monthly subscriptions or microtransations. I'd say about $200 each.

Remembers The North

The most I ever spent on any game was during the heyday of the AES. I would drop $325 on the regular for new carts. They were generally between $250-$325 during the system's peak when I ordered through NCS (still one of my favorite online retailers of import goods, but not much reason to use them anymore) and also from a local import store called Cyberzone in Schaumburg, IL.

I wonder what happened to the owner of Cyberzone. One day I went to the store and it was empty and there was a sign taped up to the door that read "Scott, we want our money." I hope they didn't hurt him.

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

"You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

NAM-75 Vet

$125 Metamorphic Force pcb. Big spender lol. Most I've payed and probably will at this point. Early adopter and never really selling my shit has kept me from having to spend crazy money on something.

SNKP Pachinko Jackpot

$1000 for an outfoxies pcb. Close second would be $600 for Kishin Douji Zenki for the PC-FX. I paid a lot for my sharp x68000 Xvi compact, but it came loaded with a controller, ram expansion, midi card, midi module, and a Jaz Drive (remember those?) that booted a hard disk image.

Thread Information