What's the most you've ever spent on a single video game title?

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Flashcarts are all under $200, lol. Got my SD2SNES on black friday sale last year for $160 shipped from the Ukraine.

Fuck buying "retro" games anymore.

At the time I bought Rendering Ranger I don't think the SD2SNES was released, I've had it for awhile. I definitely agree they are a great way to go. I have originals of everything else, so I figure I might as well buy those last few I need. I do plan on buying an Everdrive for the PC Engine someday, that is one console I never came close to buying all the good stuff for.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
The most I spent was probably $2000 for Quake 1. Yup, I bought that computer pretty much just for Quake 1.

It was worth it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I once owned a legit copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for the US Saturn. I think I might have paid $100 for it. But it was like 12 or 13 years ago so I can't be certain. I may have just gotten it in a trade. I think I got it from that GameTZ site. I usually don't cower to collector pricing. I'll just go without, or get a burned copy or ROM. I ended up selling it though, probably for around the same price a couple years later. I just made copies of the discs in case I ever wanna go through it again.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
$1000 for a Fist of the North Star Atomiswave cart. I got it about 8-9 months before the PS2 port came out. I had to play it RIGHT NOW. It's still my second favorite fighting game next to Garou: MOTW.

$900 for Daraku Tenshi. I ended up trading it for my Raijin Sigma. The game, supposedly, went through multiple people's hands and now resides at Facebook....according to rumors.

As for my Game Boy stuff, the most I ever spent was $500 on a couple of CIB titles. My really expensive games like Amazing Tater, Spud's Adventure, etc. were acquired via trades.

Jon

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I think the most I ever spent was ~$400 for a Espgaluda 2 kit.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
£200 for eliminate down on the MD, cart only and the korean version, i thought it was a good deal TBH.
Guy wanted double that but haggled him down.
Also jap version of mega man world for £170 CIB haggled for that as well, good deal again.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
$560 for Top Hunter AES. I paid less for my Slug 3 and 5 (not combined).

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
~$170 (including shipping/customs/VAT) for a non-matching English LB2 kit missing the MM... and the cart has a partially ripped off label...
:oh_no: dumb move. Been meaning to sell it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
~$170 (including shipping/customs/VAT) for a non-matching English LB2 kit missing the MM... and the cart has a partially ripped off label...
:oh_no: dumb move. Been meaning to sell it.

Dude, get a new cart with a good label, get the mini and then replace the label on the torn and sell that instead.

Full kit with non matching serials. ;)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
getting a cart with English label for a sane price is hard, as is finding an English MM. I'll list my "kit" here at the same price I paid, if it doesn't move I'll auction it off on ebay... I'm not too worried about loosing money looking at what LB2 stuff goes for over there.

I do have a cart with good label (thanks to Tyranix95) btw., but I don't plan on letting that one go ever.

antmavel

n00b
I like that thread, I thought I would revive it :-) It's really interesting because you can see how some of the value has change for the past few years.
Personnally the max I spent for a game was $850 for Taromaru for the Japanese Sega Saturn. the game was mint with spine card, reg card and the insert. I bought it myself in Japan. The best piece I ever owned for the Saturn.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I wonder if anyone in this thread has since exceeded previous highs...
Spoiler:
*cough* Tw3ek :keke:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I wonder if anyone in this thread has since exceeded previous highs...
Spoiler:
*cough* Tw3ek :keke:

I know I did. $175 for an Asian SSF2X board last year, and about 135 for Garou MVS around the same time.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
haha!
this is why most are priced out of the cops market.
most i've ever paid, was fifty gbp for each shenmue one and two on dc (PAL) and the same for worms directors cut on the a1200.
never spent more than that on software at all. :D

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I think the most i spent on a single game was under $200 and that was for SSF2x cps2 a+b board.
I try not to spend more then $50 on games. I wait for it to go on clearance, super sale or one of those buy 2 get 1 free deal. Only time i go over if they have some kind of collectors set

Haven't bought a game in awhile, my last was Ultra SF2 on the switch. In May, my next purchase will be the SF Anniversary for all systems.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Personnally the max I spent for a game was $850 for Taromaru for the Japanese Sega Saturn. the game was mint with spine card, reg card and the insert. I bought it myself in Japan. The best piece I ever owned for the Saturn.

Was it sealed? Last time I looked, they were like $450-500, meaning you overpaid by $400...

Jon

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
It's weird to even count arcade PCBs into this...but I guess they are video games. This thread made me SMH at what I've done in the past. Have since gotten out of JAMMA altogether, but definitely:

Whatever Espgaluda 2 cost at launch, I wanna say $1,200?
Tied with DDP DFK, also bought at launch.
Let's just say all Cave games SMH

My favorite though is buying a Rumble Fish kit at launch for like $700....so stupid.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Most I've spent on a Neo Geo game was £50 for KOF 2002 MVS (Jap cart only) in January 2014.

The rest of my Neo Games were:

Super Spy AES (Boxed with manual): £38 (2012)
Baseball Stars AES (Boxed with manual): £27 (2013)

Super Sidekicks 2 MVS (Cart only): £16.99 (2013)
Ultimate 11 MVS (Cart only) £30.99 (2013)
Metal Slug MVS (Cart only) £29.00 (2013)
Jockey Grand Prix MVS (Full kit with hopper cable) £20 (2014)
Aero Fighters 2/Sonic Wings 2 MVS (Cart Only) £31 (2016)

Last edited: