What's the most you've ever spent on a single video game title?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i was ready to dash out big bucks for a canon dancer/osman arcade machine years back before i discovered mame. and i was always on the look out for a sf3rd strike arcade machine. glad i didn't go through with it.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Arcade would be ESP Ra.De for $375

Console... probably around $100 for Cosmic Smash, Umihara Kawase, Gourmet Sentai, etc.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If we're talking straight cash out of pocket/budget I've never gone over $75 doing that, and I've matched it a few times, but the first as a new copy of SDF Macross Scrambled Valkyrie on ebay back in the mid 90s out of Japan and that was shipped. If we're talking me flipping games and using a paypal slush fund or a trade/fund combo the most ever was $300 for Bonk's Adventure on NES the 2nd and final time I owned it.

I'd throw out the MVS I have, but it came with 10 games (9 legit+1 multicart) for $500+$75 for Dragon Warrior IV+Guide but broken down it was cheap, and pinball isn't a video game but I did sell off 10 NES/SNES games to buy that $1500 home use only table but I'd never have paid out in cash on that ever.

I've had a rule going back to the late 90s I've kept true to all these years. Loose carts, never pay out of pocket more than original retail (ie: $50USD for console, $30-35 for Gameboy) and I never have. I'm not going to feed that rotten toothy beast.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Don't forget launch prices for MS3-4, SVC Chaos, Sammy 5 Special JP Version

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
$780 for SSVS mint kit. I think all other MVS games in my collection were $200 or less.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
would love to find a loose mvs cart of that..

The great thing about buying a loose SSVS is that there is no serials, so if you find a box later you don't have to worry about non-matching setials. SSVS kit paperwork comes up often enough too. I found my kit box by offering the arcade op $100 if he still had the box and he sold it to me. :)

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
$90 for Panzer Dragoon Saga around 1998-99?

About 5 years ago, I bought Panzer Dragoon Saga and English/European version of Deep Fear for about $200 each. That's the most I have spent on a single game, and probably never will again.

Crazy how Panzer Dragoon Saga has gone up in price; it pretty much doubled when I bought it from when you had bought it, and last time I looked, its close to doubling what I bought it for now.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Japanese Sengoku 2 AES for £220 is the most I've spent on a legit game. I don't think I will spend that much again (it's a lot to me) but it's a game I had really wanted for a while.

I have got Kraut Buster on preorder though, so technically that's the most.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I bought V-Liner for $200 once.. that game sucked

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
~$800 for SSVS a few months ago. I'll never spend that much again. Next most expensive was $300 for a NOS US Matrimelee kit last year.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Apart from buying cabs and a consolized MVS, I don't think I've spent more than $200 on a board or $100 for a console game.

Not judging anyone who has the disposable income to do so. Just doesn't seem right for me personally to spend over retail for anything when that money could go towards home improvement or a vacation or a new car.

-SD-

Camel Slug
500 quid for a Rage of the Dragons home cart a few years ago.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
A little over $300 for Top Hunter AES on this forum a year or so ago. I quite like that game so it was worth it to me. I have spent over $200 just a time or too, but have dropped $100 or more quite a few times.

I think I am almost done buying video games though, they just are getting so expensive. Just going to get the last few Genesis/SFC/AES/Saturn games I want and call it a day.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
For me it has been about $250...I think I got all of these for around that price.

Atomiswave
Hokuto No Ken

Neo Geo JPN Homecarts
Last Blade 2
Samurai Spirits 4
Art of Fighting 3

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
1st would be 330-350 for matrimelee jp AES

2nd would be $300 for dicing knight period

I don't really have a limit on price, just what I feel is a good price in the current market relatively speaking.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
A little over $300 for Top Hunter AES on this forum a year or so ago. I quite like that game so it was worth it to me. I have spent over $200 just a time or too, but have dropped $100 or more quite a few times.

I think I am almost done buying video games though, they just are getting so expensive. Just going to get the last few Genesis/SFC/AES/Saturn games I want and call it a day.

Flashcarts are all under $200, lol. Got my SD2SNES on black friday sale last year for $160 shipped from the Ukraine.

Fuck buying "retro" games anymore.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
$18,500 US Metal Slug 1 AES

Why even try posting now? I think you got us all beat :D

If we count MVS titles or PCBs i spent $700 on a Garegga PCB and $250 on SF2 Turbo PCB.

Actual home console titles? Neo AES version of Robo Army which I forgot how much exactly but around $140.

Most expensive single purchase goes to that Saturn shmup lot I won on a eBay acution for around $900 if i remember correctly.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I kind of wish I would have gotten MS5 when it came out, but I was broke so I didn't get it. It didn't turn out to be that great anyway.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I kind of wish I would have gotten MS5 when it came out, but I was broke so I didn't get it. It didn't turn out to be that great anyway.

The music fucking sucks, total electric cacophony.