What's the most you've ever spent on a single video game title?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
A little over $700 for an MVS copy of Gunlord LE. I should have just waited for a reprint but I was being impatient and for some reason I just don't like the Dreamcast version. I really do love that game, but I can't believe I dropped that much on a single title. My fucking arcade cab didn't cost me that much.

Aside from that, I think I paid $125 for my Golden Axe PCB, $160 for the Final Fight PCB that subsequently died, and something like $120 each for Popful Mail and Rondo of Blood. Those are the only games that I think I've dropped over a hundo on.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I've bought many couple hundred dollar games. About 10 AES carts in the $500 range back in the day that are all big bucks now. I paid a bit for a USA Progear kit (only 5 made and SNKJorge/tooshort had one too). Then there's Protos, which Vary from anywhere from cheap to 4 figures depending on the title, differences from retail release, how fun the game is & of course whether it's unreleased.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think I spent $200 on a SSVS MVS cart 6 or 7 years ago, that's the most I've ever dropped on a single game. Sold it for the same price less than a year later. I wish I still had it now!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I think I spent $200 on a SSVS MVS cart 6 or 7 years ago, that's the most I've ever dropped on a single game. Sold it for the same price less than a year later. I wish I still had it now!

Talk about it. I had both an SSVS kit and an unfixed English AES that I got for extremely good prices.

It's probably my favorite neo game, after V I just can't go back (with the exception of SSII).

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I think i spent the most was $170 for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo A+B a few years back

I never spend more then $100 on arcade game
I never spend more then $70 on a new game.
I never spend more then $50 on a retro game.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Talk about it. I had both an SSVS kit and an unfixed English AES that I got for extremely good prices.

It's probably my favorite neo game, after V I just can't go back (with the exception of SSII).

The original is still my favorite, closely followed by III. SSVS felt unfinished to me, probably because it had only like 5 stages you fought over and over in. V was cool in hindsight, but I hated it at the time.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
€ 700,- for Ibara Kuro , it's the only board I have bought in the last 4 years .

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
$130 for a Super SF2 New Challengers B board is my max. Money well spent.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Like $1300 for DDP DFK BL kit

*and this is when the exchange rate was the worst, like 70-something to a dollar smh

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I think i spent the most was $170 for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo A+B a few years back

I never spend more then $100 on arcade game
I never spend more then $70 on a new game.
I never spend more then $50 on a retro game.

That's a really good limit to set...similar to me but I limit pcb to under $200 cause I may buy 5 a year.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
a little over 10 years ago, I impulse bought D&D Collection and Final Fight Revenge for Saturn from PlayAsia

120 and 140 i think

ugh

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Whatever the Kraut Busters pre order cost is the most I've spent on a game.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Gunlord or Knight's Chance
whichever MVS was more at launch.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I bought an AW at launch and lent it to a friend shortly after... never got it back. Do the math.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I've also bought out entire lots of arcade stuff from ops and hoarders. Dropped more than a few grand a few times over the years. Never anything specific.

I got rid of most of it a few years ago and kept the stuff I really like. I'm about to unload a lot more shortly.

Sometimes I regret being charitable on prices now that I see what a lot of that stuff now goes for...

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I think it was $400~ for Undercover Cops JP. Totally worth it, haven't even seen another in 2 years and I play it a ton.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
That's a really good limit to set...similar to me but I limit pcb to under $200 cause I may buy 5 a year.

It really is a good limit. Very apt to me without explicitly setting a limit. So I'll share:

$90 for Martial Masters
$75 for Muv-Luv
And I can't remember for a retro game, but generally less than those numbers.