dual mod T5 stick for Neo Geo

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I have a t5 stick that currently has a ps3 Cthulhu board w/screw terminals and i want to add a DA15 and wire it to play on the neo geo. Can i just piggy back all the wires from the da15 to the corresponding buttons on the ps3 board. I would also connect the grounds together and connect pin 8 to the ps3 boards 5v.
Does that sound about right? If im able to pass everything through the ps3 board that would make life alot easier for me.

neoplus.png

CthulhuPCB.png

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I've wired a 360 TE with Kitty PCB to NeoGeo and it works. Link stick' sVCC to NG's VCC and stick's GND to NG's GND, the NeoGeo itself is the other PCB in this dual mod ;) What you've written sounds solid.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
this is absolutely crucial.

you NEEEEEED 5v Wired to the 15 Pin connector/cable on BOTH sides or you're going to have issues.

I made a Tri-mod (dual-mod MC Cthulhu with a DB15 pin socket) for Berry Toggard and he complained that his neo wasn't working with it... Turns out he didn't have 5v wired from his CMVS to the controller port. He rewired that and the issue was FIXED.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
this is absolutely crucial.

you NEEEEEED 5v Wired to the 15 Pin connector/cable on BOTH sides or you're going to have issues.

I made a Tri-mod (dual-mod MC Cthulhu with a DB15 pin socket) for Berry Toggard and he complained that his neo wasn't working with it... Turns out he didn't have 5v wired from his CMVS to the controller port. He rewired that and the issue was FIXED.

If i will be using this on a stock mvs or aes do i have to worry about this extra step or is it only if its a cmvs?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's already wired on stock ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk