Roadkill (this thread is not for dog lovers) and some more ATCs

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
SH_O_carrion_rotate_zpskr8hirzx.gif

This unpleasant-looking thing is a "Carrion". They're malicious roadkill (that are still alive and very dangerous, despite their broken bodies) which can be encountered in Konami's 2007 Silent Hill: Origins video game (said software was originally titled as Silent Hill: Zero in Japan, because, chronologically, it's a prequel to the first Silent Hill). Carrions come in two sizes, large and gigantic, although both version behave the same.

SH_O_carrion_screen_zpsgf53ef2p.jpg
Walking up to a huge, violent creature and whacking it with a shovel always ends well . . .

The supernatural forces that hold sway over the cursed town of Silent Hill like to take an individual's emotional baggage and manifest those feelings and ideas as twisted creatures. The Carrion represents Travis Grady's (the game's protagonist) revulsion and guilt over the many animals that he has seen killed along the roadside, and run over himself, during his career as a trucker. Although the consequences of their attacks on Travis are all too real (i.e., if a Carrion kills him, he really dies), these creatures don't truly exist, as they're phantasmal constructs that generally only Travis can see and interact with--if you or I were in Silent Hill at the same time as Travis, we might observe him assaulting or fleeing from what appeared to be thin air, or, worse, we might see an all together different monstrosity based on our own psychological hang-ups!

SH_O_carrion_artwork_zpsetecshjn.jpg

Provided that he keeps his distance, Carrions will often ignore Travis, content to just sluggishly, and mindlessly, drag/push their mangled bodies about (this pitiful means of locomotion is probably a direct result of multiple bone fractures and/or partial paralysis). However, if Travis does draw near, the Carrion's memories of its death under the wheels of human drivers will awaken, and, enraged, the beast will vigorously attack, seeking revenge. As you can probably guess, trying to engage one of these abominations in close quarters combat isn't the best idea, as they can move very swiftly when they want to and have the size and power to toss Travis around like a rag doll (that said, turning off your flashlight, sneaking up behind one, and striking at its' defenseless posterior is a tactic that can work well). It's wiser to just avoid them altogether in wide open spaces, but, if you have to engage a Carrion (and you will, as they sometimes block narrow passages through which you must travel), it's better to use firearms, or other projectile weapons, to hit them from a distance, rather than provoking a direct confrontation in which you will likely suffer injury.

SH_O_carrion_zpsbywtgu68.jpg

SH_O_carrion_dogs_zpsuvd2aytp.jpg

SH_O_carrion_muckman1_zpsszojmwxb.jpg

And here's three more ATCs (Artist Trading Cards), the first two were both for a woman in Texas, and the last one for a lady in North Carolina:

ATC_hellokitty_mrt.jpg

I made my own version, but I can't take credit for the Mr. T/Hello Kitty mashup concept, as I was inspired by this piece by "Manospd":

ATC_HK_MrT_inspiration_zpsliuzrlrh.jpg

ATC_beatnik_cigarette.jpg

ATC_fairy.jpg

Here's the ink line art for the fairy card. I didn't quite get the pose/perspective right.

ATC_fairy_lineart_zpspetp7lhs.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
TLC color-by-number card that I did over the weekend. The woman that I made the Mr. T Hello Kitty and Beatnik cards for sent this to me.

ATC_TLC_paint_by_color.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
the ATCs are ace, as always... love the beatnik one.